Hi all, I'm on day two with this gadget, and so far, I've had a lot of questions. I set up three personal Internet email accounts on the Blackberry already. Each has its own icon that gets starred whenever a new message arrives.

My question is if there's any way to prevent those emails from also showing up in my Messages folder? I'd like to preserve that for SMS texts and / or voice mails if possible. Just some of the emails I'm getting are pretty unimportant, may never be read, and I don't want them cluttering up my Messages folder.

Thanks for your patience with a Blackberry newbie!
    10-10-07 04:06 PM
    No, sorry to say ALL emails will show in the messages folder, period...
    10-10-07 06:53 PM
    Time to delete the email addresses then. I presume I can check them from the browser. Gah, this (among other things) really makes me want to return the Blackberry. Today, they tell me the Curve can do this but not the Pearl.
    10-10-07 06:56 PM
    What email account do you have? Is it GMail? If yes, use the web version of it...
    10-10-07 07:03 PM
    What email account do you have? Is it GMail? If yes, use the web version of it...
    I have that, yes, but also a couple of AT&T email accounts - gotta see how I can check those. I guess my browser isn't working either. I have two t-zones icons (identical in look and operation) and one browser icon that pulls up t-zones yet again. Surely that can't be right . . .
    10-10-07 09:45 PM
    I would just like to echo that I too, would like my Blackberry to stop putting all messages in the messages folder. I would really like an option to keep emails from other accounts ONLY in their own folders.
    10-11-07 12:41 PM
    Ahh...you get used to it.
    10-12-07 10:41 AM
    I am a 3 day newbie also, but in checking all the functions out, I found that I can check my yahoo email acct by going through Media Net. I don't think it goes to my BBpearl until I go looking for it. Of course I had already set it up to go to my bb so I am getting those bing bing bings pretty often.

While I am here will somebody tell me how to change the tone used when I get a message? I know where they are stored, just can't find the menu to change message notification. Thanks.
    10-15-07 01:27 PM
    Ahh...you get used to it.
    I took that sucker back. Oh well. Now I'm not missing any more texts, at least. It's just as well. A week after I paid $150 (after rebates) at T-Mobile for it, my company announced a corporate discount in which I could've gotten it for $49. Maybe if I reeeeeeally start to hate my phone . . .
    10-15-07 03:05 PM
    I'm sorry to post here, but I couldn't find any thread that discussed deleted email. Also I couldn't find an option to start a new post or thread. But my emails ocassionally are deleted. I do have my email account setup on the BB to save forever. Any reason why I would loose emails? Any way to recover? Are the blackberry.net emails stored on a server somewhere before downoloaded to the BB. I had a very important email that I received yesterday, and now it is gone.
    10-15-07 06:06 PM
    I am a 3 day newbie also, but in checking all the functions out, I found that I can check my yahoo email acct by going through Media Net. I don't think it goes to my BBpearl until I go looking for it. Of course I had already set it up to go to my bb so I am getting those bing bing bings pretty often.

While I am here will somebody tell me how to change the tone used when I get a message? I know where they are stored, just can't find the menu to change message notification. Thanks.
    What you need to do is go into your profiles menu (the default icon looks like a bullhorn), scroll down to advanced. Once you select that, you'll see all your profiles listed again. Scroll to whichever one you want to set up, click the menu button and select edit. You can set all the vibrate/volume/alert settings here. Any questions, just let me know.
    10-18-07 04:34 AM
    My question is if there's any way to prevent those emails from also showing up in my Messages folder? I'd like to preserve that for SMS texts and / or voice mails if possible
    Open your messages folder, select options from menu, into general options and at bottom make sure "SMS and Email Inboxes" option is set at "Seperate"

I now get a folder called SMS & MMS in my applications, take the standard "Messages" folder and hide it

PIN me and let me know if this works anyone, does for me.

Chamisra
    10-27-07 04:16 AM
    Open your messages folder, select options from menu, into general options and at bottom make sure "SMS and Email Inboxes" option is set at "Seperate"

I now get a folder called SMS & MMS in my applications, take the standard "Messages" folder and hide it

PIN me and let me know if this works anyone, does for me.

Chamisra
    yeah this works I have 2 email accounts and my sms and mms were all mix together and 2 days ago I found the option to separate them and now Im happy
    10-27-07 10:57 PM
    Each of your Internet accounts will have it's own Icon... select that if you only want to see one account or use saved Searches...

Open the Messages App and open up the Search and search on the "Service" you want. i.e. whatever corporate or Internet service you want to see

BB Key - Save

Give it a Title - shows on the screen at the top of the search so it's worth it

Give it a Shortcut Key - This makes it really quick to switch between accounts...

Then BB Key - Save!

AND WAA LAA! You can filter each of your accounts while in the Messages App with just 2 key clicks.

Cheers,
    Mark
    Last edited by mark67; 10-29-07 at 11:17 AM.
    10-29-07 11:09 AM
    So there is absolutely no way to have voice and text messages show up in a seperate place??
    11-20-09 10:39 AM
    I would just like to echo that I too, would like my Blackberry to stop putting all messages in the messages folder. I would really like an option to keep emails from other accounts ONLY in their own folders.
    I just dragged the combination message folder way down to the the bottom of the icons so it doesn't bug me.
    11-20-09 11:17 AM
    Actually, yes you can now do that with OS 5 and higher. At least I can on my Storm.
    11-20-09 11:24 AM
    I swear that I'd done that on my 8130 at one point. SMS, MMS, and voicemail went to one folder, each individual email had a separate folder. I'm pretty sure that if you go to your messages folder, go options, then general options. Scroll down to SMS and Email Inboxes - choose separate instead of combined.

Is that what you are wanting?
    11-20-09 02:53 PM
    I found a way to keep your emails from showing up in the message folder. 1) open up your email folder, 2) push BB button, 3)scroll down to options, 4) click on "Main message list settings." 5)under email accounts, make sure there is no check in box next to the actual account name....if you uncheck every account, then it will no longer show up in the message folder and only in the email folder...let me know, but it worked for me...
    03-10-10 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD