I see there are few applications for the BB Playbook, I am looking forward to having native mail applications and RIM announced Android.

There Mail departure date native?
    and Applications Android??
    07-15-11 02:42 PM
    Um... what? Are you asking when native email and Android apps are going to be available for the PlayBook? No one outside of a select few at RIM would have this information. Anyone else that claims to is just passing along rumors.
    07-15-11 02:44 PM
    A bit confusing..... If i understand you correctly you would like to know if the playbook has native mail and android apps. The answer is not yet! We are still awaiting OS updates that will provide all those functionalities and then some.
    07-15-11 02:47 PM
    Um... what? Are you asking when native email and Android apps are going to be available for the PlayBook? No one outside of a select few at RIM would have this information. Anyone else that claims to is just passing along rumors.
    Rim is confirmed for the summer, is not a rumor.
    M.Rizk likes this.
    I don't want to sound mean but when you created a new post, did you not see the list of posts already made based on your topic?
    M.Rizk and paladinjn like this.
    I don't want to sound mean but when you created a new post, did you not see the list of posts already made based on your topic?
    I am Spanish and I do not understand English well.
    07-15-11 02:50 PM
    I am Spanish and I do not understand English well.
    My apologies then

When people create a new post, there's a search done based on the topic the person wants to post. This search is to help stop multiple posting of the same subject. It's a great feature that allows users to 'pre search' for answers to thier questions.
    07-15-11 02:54 PM
    You didn't understand what I wrote. I said only RIM would know when these updates would be available. I never said that the updates themselves are rumors. Besides, "confirmed for summer" is hardly a confirmation of anything.
    M.Rizk likes this.
    07-15-11 03:12 PM
    Lol.

I dare anyone to argue against that logic!

Thanks Fuertemac!
    07-15-11 03:13 PM
    You didn't read that very closely. I said only RIM would know when these updates would be available. I never said that the updates themselves are rumors. Besides, "confirmed for summer" is hardly a confirmation of anything.
    Sorry, is that my English is translated by Google, I am Spanish
    07-15-11 03:14 PM
    ...which is why I changed the first part of what I wrote to "you didn't understand what I wrote." No big deal. The end result is know one really knows when these updates are going to make it to the PlayBook, unfortunately.
    07-15-11 03:15 PM
    Hopefully we get android support before the next rapture occurs.
    07-15-11 03:48 PM
    Hopefully we get android support before the next rapture occurs.
    If people hold their breath, the next rupture might occur first.

Back to the original question - after the way Rim executives acted at their meeting this week, do not count on any thing they said, hinted at or promised. Android support will occur when they finally release it, if it occurs at all. Dates of any release remain totally up to rim and rim has been very flexible in releasing anything on time.
    M.Rizk likes this.
    07-15-11 04:07 PM
    When was the first rapture?!
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    07-15-11 05:23 PM
    These threads are so easy to go off topic lol
    07-16-11 07:31 AM
    Hasn't RIM now stated fall?
    07-16-11 09:58 AM
    I want pie!..... is there pie? yummy yummy rapture pie mmmmmmmm
    07-16-11 11:14 AM
    What happens if we download an Android app to the PB right now? Any experiences?
    07-16-11 12:04 PM
    What happens if we download an Android app to the PB right now? Any experiences?
    Given that there are none in App World yet, you can't do it.
    07-16-11 03:05 PM
    You can't download anything unless it's in app world? I doubt installing an android app will do anything but sit there as a file with no android player. There is nothing on the playbook as far as software that would know what to do with the file.
    07-16-11 03:12 PM
    What is going on with this forum, all you people are so up tight and combative. A few months ago if someone mentioned apps they were berated and Android was a bad word and now you want them on your beloved PBs. What's up with that? I've noticed several threads have been closed if somebody even mentions the Ipad or Apple, are things that distressing with the PB and RIM in general?
    07-16-11 07:07 PM
    You can't download anything unless it's in app world? I doubt installing an android app will do anything but sit there as a file with no android player. There is nothing on the playbook as far as software that would know what to do with the file.
    Well I was wondering with the Amazon Android shop, if we downloaded one of those apps, would they do anything if you downloaded it to the PB?
    07-16-11 07:26 PM
    Well I was wondering with the Amazon Android shop, if we downloaded one of those apps, would they do anything if you downloaded it to the PB?
    No because from what RIM said about the player, you still need to get them from App World, and they need to be submitted to App world with "minor changes".
    07-16-11 07:29 PM
    How many different ways are you going to ask this? You can't download and use Android apps at the moment. When the option to use Android apps becomes available on the PlayBook, the only place to get them will be through App World.

No matter how many times or how many different ways you ask, the answer will still be the same: you can't currently run Android apps on the PlayBook.
    07-17-11 06:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD