I see there is a question in the BB App forum today, but it has already turned into folks criticizing others about what they use their BB and the Playbook for and what apps are better than others.

I just want a simple piece of information that maybe someone here can help with and I am not interested in engaging in debates about whose app or service is better than the next guys. I have never used or seen spotify since I am here in the US, but it sounds awesome. I know there isn't an app for BB - but does it stream on the web (like I can do w/ Pandora on the Playbook) so if I had an invite code, I could use the web on the Playbook to listen or do I have to download a piece of software that likely won't work on the Playbook?

Appreciate any insights.
    07-15-11 01:15 PM
    You cannot stream directly off the website. You need to download software to your PC. Very sad as it is awesome. In the UK Slacker doesn't even work so we are screwed.
    07-15-11 03:42 PM
    It isn't free, but Napster does stream to the Playbook quite well
    ODAAT likes this.
    07-15-11 10:19 PM
    does pandora work on the PB?
    07-20-11 12:13 PM
    Go here: Free Internet Radio - SHOUTcast Radio - Thousands of Free Online Radio Stations

Streaming radio, works great on the Playbook, over 40,000 free stations, many many genres. I think they usually have about a million listeners at any given time.

Enjoy.
    07-20-11 12:41 PM
    It isn't free, but Napster does stream to the Playbook quite well
    Does it? Last time I tried it tried to popup the player and when I went to that tab nothing was there. And lots of interface elements were not responding correctly including resizing the screen.

It works now?
    07-20-11 12:46 PM
    does pandora work on the PB?
    absolutely. there is not a 'native' app, but you can stream from within the browser. be forewarned, though, that unless you grabbed the OS 1.0.7 update before it was pulled, the audio will halt when you are browsing on another tab in the browser.

if you have the update, life is good. i quite like slacker, but i also use pandora quite a but as well.

-- eldee
    07-20-11 01:54 PM
    Does it? Last time I tried it tried to popup the player and when I went to that tab nothing was there. And lots of interface elements were not responding correctly including resizing the screen.

It works now?
    Its always worked for me...? I haven't tried the "radio" stations but MP3 streaming works great
    07-20-11 07:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD