I copied the original video (3:00 not the shorter version) from playbook to my computer hard drive, after seeing other people having to wipe etc to get it back.

File size is 202,655 KB.

Uploading to megupload.com right now, stay tuned ETA is showing as 25 mins.

Edit: Here is the link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HLYECPYY

Edit: fileserve.com mirror.

http://www.fileserve.com/file/WjNyBzB/
    Last edited by z_scorpio_z; 07-15-11 at 03:38 AM. Reason: add mirror
    07-15-11 01:47 AM
    Thank you very much!
    07-15-11 02:54 AM
    some mirrors.
    07-15-11 04:03 AM
    Thank you for sharing.
    jpash549 likes this.
    07-15-11 04:10 AM
    Very, very nice.
    07-15-11 04:12 AM
    Curious where you found it and how did you actually copy it - unless it's a trade secret. I mean I found it or its virtual version but could not figure out a method to copy it.
    07-15-11 09:19 AM
    Can somebody please explain HOW I can download this file to my Playbook and actually make it work? I simply downloaded straight to it....and nothing. What's the secret?
    07-15-11 09:55 AM
    Can somebody please explain HOW I can download this file to my Playbook and actually make it work? I simply downloaded straight to it....and nothing. What's the secret?
    Lol.. Open web browser, go to crackberry forum, open the thread with the download link, download the file, hit download button in the browser, open file.
    Option 2. Download the file via pc or mac, connect the PB, open DM (Desktop Manager) copy and paste the file.
    I guess is really hard by the way do you know how to charge your tablet?
    Last edited by lucian777; 07-15-11 at 10:06 AM.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-15-11 10:03 AM
    james:

Download to computer. Then depending on how you copy/move stuff to your playbook, connect by usb cord and use Win Explorer (or mac equivalent) to drag/drop the file to the Video folder, use DM to move media (I don't use this method) or use wifi-sharing to get it to the pb.
    ralfyguy and jamesharmeling like this.
    07-15-11 10:25 AM
    I use wifi sharing as well to copy all videos from PC to PB. No problems at all!
    07-15-11 11:04 AM
    Curious where you found it and how did you actually copy it - unless it's a trade secret. I mean I found it or its virtual version but could not figure out a method to copy it.
    Sorry for not reporting copy method earlier (I was more thinking about people that lost it).

Here is what I did, that worked (step 1 might not be required).

1) Used free air browser, go to videos folder and "cut" the file and paste it in "downloads" (this was probably not required).
    2) Rename the file to demo.mp4 (this is only done to make step 4 easier).
    3) I connected PB via usb to windows xp, opened cygwin (free download, it gives you linux tools on windows).
    4) In cygwin run "cp /cygdrive/z/downloads/demo.mp4 /cygdrive/c/"

Note cygwin does not see the file either if you browse to download folder and list files, but if you run cp (copy) it does work.

Later i tried with windows command prompt but it did not work.

trade secret is out, enjoy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by z_scorpio_z; 07-15-11 at 11:37 AM.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-15-11 11:34 AM
    Well, double-thanks. I did lose the video when I wiped. But prior to that I had tried to copy it and I could not do it. I don't recall the error message but I think I was able to copy but the PASTE did not work.

Again, thanks/thanks!
    07-15-11 11:43 AM
    Thank you! I had missed that turtle. Funny thing is I always shrink the videos on my Bold Os. Finally BB has a video I wanted to keep yet it vanished on its own with no effort from me lol
    07-15-11 11:46 AM
    Yes in free air browser, nothing happens if you do copy-paste, but cut-paste works (that was probably not required anyway).

Also free air browser was used to rename the file which also worked.

Something else I tried (did not work) was to browse to file: on pb and the try to click and save the demo video, it would prompt the save dialog box but nothing would happen (it worked fine on other videos).

When i was uploading to megaupload, i also thought what happens if i directly upload the demo from PB without making any changes. This did not work either, you could browse and select the video but when it tried to upload it would fail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-11 11:51 AM
    I copied the original video (3:00 not the shorter version) from playbook to my computer hard drive, after seeing other people having to wipe etc to get it back.

File size is 202,655 KB.

Uploading to megupload.com right now, stay tuned ETA is showing as 25 mins.

Edit: Here is the link

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Edit: fileserve.com mirror.

Free File Hosting, Online Storage &amp File Upload with FileServe
    Thanks very much for posting this z_scorpio_z!

Like many others, I lost my demo video when I did the security wipe........it's nice to have it back
    rustmonkey likes this.
    07-15-11 12:49 PM
    Bless your sweet soul!!!!!!!!
    07-15-11 12:51 PM
    hi. really sorry but i have to ask this.
    downloaded the movie with my pb browser, then using air browser to open the file under folder download.. fail - err please check permission n try again. y?

*how to copu,cut, paste using the air browser?i couldnt find the cnp menu.. i only get rename, csncel select, delete menu

thnks
    07-15-11 01:00 PM
    hi. really sorry but i have to ask this.
    downloaded the movie with my pb browser, then using air browser to open the file under folder download.. fail - err please check permission n try again. y?

*how to copu,cut, paste using the air browser?i couldnt find the cnp menu.. i only get rename, csncel select, delete menu

thnks
    Edit: I just noticed in your screenshot the file is not showing size information. Are you sure it is completely downloaded? Sometimes the browser does not show download progress bar correctly.

Hi,

Just to be clear the part about air browser was just to tell people how I got the file out of PB, it is not required for putting the file on PB.

You should already see the video in the video app now, since you already downloaded the file?

If you want to move it to video folder you can either use the windows share or use air browser. The copy and paste button is the 2nd last icon on the top right. You can then move it to video folder etc.

If all this is still not working. Try downloading the file to your PC and moving it to your PB just like you move your other media.
    07-15-11 01:44 PM
    I've just tested via PB browser - download - open file, the playback started just fine, maybe you guys are getting corrupted downloads.
    07-15-11 02:07 PM
    thanks scorpio, u da man.
    07-15-11 02:44 PM
    I'm soooooo glad to have this back. Thanks!
    07-15-11 08:46 PM
    Thanks to all! @Lucian777: Thanks for the humor! Yes, I have figured out how to charge it! The first time I even browsed the internet was Oct.5th, 2008. My Kung Fu is getting better over time and transferring files this morning (with your harsh lessons taken), I can now do a "back flip side kick playbook chop".
    07-16-11 09:26 AM
    My hero. Thank you
    07-17-11 02:08 PM
    Thank you Sir! I missed not having the best way to demo my PB to people!
    07-17-11 03:22 PM
    Wahoo! I so wanted this back! Thank you! - and now with the last software update you can zoom into the video too!
    07-23-11 10:49 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD