So this morning everything was fine in Blackberry land. I was updating a password in my email setup application and I got a notification that there was an upgrade available which I agreed to install. The installation went along fine and caused me no concern. A couple of hours later I plugged the phone into my computer to charge and the computer made no attempt to install my drivers as it usually does. Not only was the computer not seeing my Blackberry, but the Blackberry wasnt charging either. I plugged the phone into my wall charger and still it failed to charge. I uninstalled and reinstalled all of my desktop software to no avail. The phone was working fine during all of this except for the lack of charging. Eventually the battery died and I do not have a separate charger so I walked down to my neighborhood Sprint store where as usual they were very little help. If this is a problem with the software on the phone and now the phone is dead and not charging how can I reinstall the OS? Sprint is ordering me a new phone, but I would really like to get to the bottom of this situation with my phone. Anyone have any ideas?

Robert in Texas
    07-14-11 11:02 PM
    Robert, I have no idea why the BIS update would effect your ability to charge your phone. I myself allowed the setup to update and there were no residual problems. I am sorry I can't tell you what's wrong with your phone, but that is maddening that you need a new piece of hardware because it won't charge. Crazy!!!!

Sorry I can't help you, but maybe someone else has had the same situation and will respond soon.
    07-15-11 06:13 AM
    Did the Sprint store try another battery in your phone?
    07-16-11 08:18 AM
    Maybe it was a coincidental problem that arose and nothing to do with the update?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-11 10:45 AM
    Have you dropped it recently?
    07-21-11 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD