View Poll Results: Would you use your PB with RDP as a thin client?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 89.19%
  • No

0 0%
  • I use vnc

3 8.11%
  • I use ipad for that

1 2.70%
    we really need an RDP app for the playbook. coupled with the ability to use bluetooth mouse/keyboard and hdmi out to a monitor this could be a great thin client for people at my work. my boss it trying to get our team to figure out to do this with the ipad and we keep telling him that no one will want to use that because there is no mouse but also people dont want to have to use a 10 inch screen. Playbook meets all these except the all important app to do it!!
    07-14-11 03:58 PM
    I have no clue why anyone hasn't made this app. I would pay $30 if it was decent. Oh and if you are going to charge the above amount you better include a free trial.
    a41.8tqm likes this.
    07-14-11 10:35 PM
    I am hoping something will be released soon. Also a change in the VPN protocols would be nice (pptp)
    a41.8tqm likes this.
    07-14-11 11:50 PM
    I have no clue why anyone hasn't made this app. I would pay $30 if it was decent. Oh and if you are going to charge the above amount you better include a free trial.
    Agreed! i wish i had some programming skills i think whoever makes this would make a mint if the price was right. this would be a great idea for field workers who sometimes need a desktop. RIM should have made this standard, it would have been a great marketing tool to sell to businesses.
    07-15-11 07:26 AM
    I am hoping something will be released soon. Also a change in the VPN protocols would be nice (pptp)
    Yeah PPTP and L2TP would be great.
    07-15-11 07:36 AM
    We use an iPad RDP'd with some app for our scheduling program at my job. Sure there's no mouse and our fingers are often times clunky. But we use a stylus and it runs flawlessly. I LOVE it.

I've tried using aVNC with TightVNC on my personal computer but honestly I'm not too big of a fan, nor do i know much about remote connections in general. I've only accomplished local network only and it has to be unsecured. I'm sure it will improve though.
    07-15-11 10:00 PM
    This future RDP app should include bluetooth keyboard and mouse support. Then I could use it more than my laptop. About 80% of the work I do on my netbook is using RDP.
    07-16-11 10:42 PM
    i would use it on the basis that it is easier to set up then vnc... cus i dont know how ot use it...
    07-16-11 11:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD