Hello,

Can anyone recommend an SIP client for my 8320? I have a VOIP account that i use for my home phone, and i also use it ona softphone on my laptop while traveling, but i would love to be fit to use it on my 8320 across Wifi.

Any advice would be appreciated,
    Dave
    10-10-07 02:55 PM
    I think the answer is for the moment is "keep dreaming!"

I've seen no sign of any future RIM, or third-party installs to support SIP. Would be nice though

Since Blackberrys are widely adopted by large corporations, you would have thought that it would a logical step to at least have one Blackberry model in the range, (currently being layed at the rate of a broody hen) that could offer support for SIP to get hooked up to an offices's IP PBX.
    10-11-07 08:01 AM
    Hello,

Can anyone recommend an SIP client for my 8320? I have a VOIP account that i use for my home phone, and i also use it ona softphone on my laptop while traveling, but i would love to be fit to use it on my 8320 across Wifi.

Any advice would be appreciated,
    Dave

Gizmo offers VoIP on Blackberry with Free Calls

From your your BlackBerry device go tp : www[dot]gizmo5[dot]com

(sorry, I can't post "normal" URL yet)
    10-13-07 11:48 AM
    found one site xeeta dot com for blackberry voice chat but seems that it will soon launch the voice chat on blackberry.
    03-25-08 01:50 PM
    wait for some little time you will get your answer
    03-27-08 01:38 PM
    Is there already any solution?
    06-06-08 08:51 AM
    No. Currently there are NO J2ME SIP clients. There are a few people working on a true SIP VOIP client and a handful of programs that CLAIM to be to VOIP (but they use a call-back scheme that ends up using your cell plan minutes...this includes Gizmo). Estimates are about another 1-2 years before someone finally comes up with a workable SIP client for the Blackberry.
    06-09-08 11:02 AM
    http:// voip dot about dot com/od/mobilevoip/a/BlackBerryVoIP.htm
    12-14-08 01:35 PM
    this is not sip client . this is software from third party that enable conect to their server for call voip. in this way you have to PAY every minute to the third party company.

the real solution is a sip client where we can configure our private PBX, then we can have free call between countrys where you have PBX connected throw H323.

I think blackberry not want to develop this, because the operator mobile presion over. The operators knows that they will loss money if this sip client is available.
    02-23-09 05:48 AM
    There is one available from Nortel, but it only works with their MCS, and I believe you need BES server too. I am looking into this now as I have an MCS in our lab and want to be able to make VoIP when travelling internationally and not pay for the crazy international fees (just roaming data), plus we want to test it for our group. Will let you know if it works, but it would still be a Nortel only solution.

I doubt that you will be able to get any SIP solution to work through and EDGE/3G/CDMA network though without a BES because I would think providers are going to block SIP, and the BES would tunnel through their network encrypted so they wouldn't know if it was SIP or BBM or anything going through the tunnel.
    03-09-09 08:58 AM
    EDGE/CDMA provider do not block SIP. I have tried this using an actual SIP phone [also with Cisco-SCCP] and a Wireless CDMA card from Sprint, both connected to a router [Cradlepoint routers supports the Sprint USB USB-WAN type connection] and was using it in my car as part of the office PBX. I've also traveled with such phone to the UK and used a local GPRS wireless card and it worked just fine.

So obviously, as soon we'll break that barrier, and a sip client for Blackberry would become available, it should be working great.

I've seen the Nokia N & E series phones come with a preloaded SIP client but it only allows you to use it over WIFI. I assume the Service providers are pressuring the mobile manufacturers to make it in such a way that they are the only ones servicing the phones over the public wireless network.

lnichols, let us know if it works when using a BES. There should definitely be some options at least over WIFI just like the UME. Service providers have nothing to lose by letting their users use voice services over Wifi. It is broadly used in the EU known as Dual-mode phones [not referring to the dual-band GSM phones].
    04-06-09 02:31 AM
    Most larger US phone companies will do anything for a buck, including jacking up the price of international calls. I wouldn't expect to see a true VOIP come for a bit, as I'm sure the cell companies will fight it tooth and nail, or brand it and find a way to make money off it.
    04-06-09 03:03 AM
    I've seen the Nokia N & E series phones come with a preloaded SIP client but it only allows you to use it over WIFI.
    That is completely incorrect. Both N & E series device can use SIP/VOIP calling over 3G data. I make VOIP calls over 3G data all the time when i run out of any time minutes.

Its very sad that i am going to get my first BB in couple days and there is no SIP on BB when it has every other app known to man. I am seasoned Nokia N series user and now thinking of trying out BB. My first device (going to be) is Bold.

BTW here is my post#1
    04-15-09 01:43 AM
    VOIP is what I miss most about the E-Series. I went to a Bold for the unlimited international data package, but VOIP is what I miss most. Several friends have started PIN messaging me which stops me from SIM swapping in the US.
    05-07-09 09:24 AM
    It's been a couple years, any updates on this?
    07-14-09 08:03 AM
    Is there any SIP Client up to now??
    10-01-09 11:20 AM
    I find it really od that there wouldnot be any SIP clients for the blackberry's. Anyone know the specific reason ?
    11-14-09 10:05 PM
    VONAGE now. But you have to have an account of course. Anyone hear of any stand alone client yet ?
    11-18-09 05:43 PM
    VONAGE now. But you have to have an account of course. Anyone hear of any stand alone client yet ?
    I have done a LOT of research ont his, and no, no SIP clients for BB's yet. They did make one BB with a built in SIp client a few years ago, but it's a pretty crappy phone by todays standards and I doubt you would want it.

I would pay good money for a SIP client on my BB.
    12-19-09 10:55 PM
    Hello BB users,

I've got also my first BB and I love it, and as all users I need VOIP, can't we just start a project of a SIP client to BB? A sip client will then be able to connect with any of the sip voip providers as voip buster or what ever...

I'm able to pay to some coder maybe in India to build a simple app like this... if we wait for a sip client to fall of the sky we may wait for years...

I'm tired to see posts on forums about this with people complaining and no one does something about it!

Waiting for feedback.

Regards,
    David D.
    01-30-10 07:41 PM
    Well it seems that someone is doing it:
    search for Vippie for Blackberry on you tube...

Also this company claims to have it:
    technomindtech d|0|t com

I've sent them a mail and waiting for a demo.

Take care,
    David .D
    01-30-10 08:01 PM
    What about now?
    02-23-10 04:35 PM
    i test the sip client of Vippie and work fine in average nokia phone. I use my own sip server company and establish the conecttion fine and the quality voice is fine. they are working in blackberry sip client but i think RIM will not aproval the software because blackberry is used for large companys and this companies pay a lot money month by month to the mobile companys.

here you can check it

www dot voipswitch dot com/wp/?page_id=1965
    03-13-10 10:02 AM
    Vippie not available yet

Still in search for a SIP client that works for Berry, the only phone that doesnt have a SIP client (iPhone, WM, Android, etc. all have it)

I saw one on the blackberryforums called BLACKVOIB at http blackvoip dot webs dot com but not working for us via Asterisk.

If anyone has any news....

Thanks
    06-06-10 07:43 AM
    Try this.
    A SIP softphone for GSM BlackBerries. It is just a demo/beta now. The full version will be released be Sept. Follow the link to install it OTA.

BlackVoib
    06-12-10 10:24 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD