While it is a positive to see a couple of leaks on the upcoming Curve and "not-a-torch", I'm really wondering about the likelihood of the 9930. I switched from a 9650 to a Merge but want to get back to BB. The underpowered Curve isn't an option and I'm not a fan of all touch screen devices so really the Bold is the ticket.

Any info on this would be appreciated. There were a couple of quick mentions here and there in a few other topics but I don't think I am alone in being VERY interested in the future of this phone on USC.
    07-13-11 01:09 PM
    please search the forums in greater depth next time as this one seems to confirm it
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...llular-628677/
    07-13-11 01:32 PM
    Guess I just searched the US Cellular forum. But that thread really doesn't make me feel like its a sure thing by any means.
    07-13-11 06:49 PM
    You might not want to automatically write the Curve off as underpowered.

The new one coming out in a couple of months has reasonable specs. Yes they are lower than the Bold 9930 and Torch but they still have a nice display. I think it is equal to the current Bold (9650). They will also have a 800 mhz processor which is the same speed as the Merge.

Going from the "high end" 9650 to the new "low end" Curve can be considered an upgrade in my opinion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-11 06:00 PM
    The curve does look to be a nice improvement over all current models spec wise but I think that extra .4" screen on the bold will really make a big difference. And I've come to enjoy the scalloped keys on the bold. Hopefully it lands at USC eventually. Even if it is slightly behind other carriers. I think it would be in BB's best interest to land these great new devices in as many hands as possible to give them the little extra surge they need right now.
    07-15-11 09:11 AM
    If USC doesn't get the 9930. Will a Sprint or Verizon 9930 work on the USC network and will USC do this for their customers?

07-15-11 10:00 AM
    You might not want to automatically write the Curve off as underpowered.

The new one coming out in a couple of months has reasonable specs. Yes they are lower than the Bold 9930 and Torch but they still have a nice display. I think it is equal to the current Bold (9650). They will also have a 800 mhz processor which is the same speed as the Merge.

Going from the "high end" 9650 to the new "low end" Curve can be considered an upgrade in my opinion.

I think the new Curve will be a nice device and it looks much sharper and fresher than the previous Curves. If I had a 9330 or was coming to BB for the first time, I'd probably jump all over it. However, having a 9650 currently, I'd be getting a phone with the same size screen, same resolution, not much faster processor, and otherwise similar specs. OS7 would be the biggest addition. While I would consider it a slight upgrade over the 9650, I don't think it's enough of one to justify getting it. I'd probably just keep my 9650 or go a different route.

I really, really hope USCC does carry the Bold Touch, as it seems to be an incredible phone and ideal for what I want. If they don't carry it or it takes 6 months or more, I'd have to strongly consider either getting the Torch (not a fan of touchscreens) or perhaps leaving for Verizon, which I would hate to do.
    Last edited by pistolpetefan23; 07-15-11 at 02:22 PM.
    07-15-11 02:05 PM
    If USC doesn't get the 9930. Will a Sprint or Verizon 9930 work on the USC network and will USC do this for their customers?

I checked around and found that USCC's policy is to not activate phones that are not USCC branded or were not sourced from them.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 07-15-11 at 02:29 PM.
    07-15-11 02:17 PM
    Maybe if enough people would go to USCC's website and click on the "feedback" link at the bottom right of the home page and request the 9930 they would take notice and speed up getting it or change their mind if they have decided against it.

Especially if there were threats to switch to the compitition.

07-15-11 03:04 PM
    Here's what I just posted on their feedback:

"I've seen some information suggesting you will be releasing the new BlackBerry Curve 9350 and BlackBerry Torch 9850. As a current USCC BlackBerry owner (and ten year USCC customer), I am very happy to see you expand your selection of BlackBerry phones. I currently have a Bold 9650 and previously owned a Curve 8330. My wife has a Curve 9330 currently. I love the BlackBerry experience both in hardware and software.

I am really hoping you also bring the upcoming BlackBerry Bold Touch 9930 to market as well, and hopefully soon. It has all the makings of a great phone that I think would do well with USCC customers. I personally can't wait to get the device. The device has not appeared on some leaked info I've seen, and I am hoping you do have plans to bring it to market. I prefer a physical keyboard, so the Torch isn't up my alley. However, the new Curve, while a nice phone, wouldn't seem like a significant upgrade over my current 9650. The new Bold is the perfect device for me. If you do not bring it to market, or it is significantly delayed, I would be in a tough position of choosing between a phone that isn't ideal for me (Torch or new Curve), keeping my current phone, or exploring other carrier options to get the phone I would like. With Belief Points on our Family Essential Plus plan (two lines), I will be eligible to upgrade sometime in September most likely, so hope either the phone is available by then, or at least announced with a launch date.

I have greatly enjoyed being a USCC customer and hope to stay so for a long time. Both my wife and I have been customers for nearly 10 years, her family is all USCC customers (5 current lines between them), and my family is all USCC customers (7 total lines between them). Thank you."
    07-15-11 04:26 PM
    BigE said "The Bold Touch should be coming later this Fall."

I trust his word...

Tim
    kbz1960 and john_v like this.
    07-15-11 08:07 PM
    BigE said "The Bold Touch should be coming later this Fall."

I trust his word...

Tim
    Hopefully so. Just odd that there isn't a mention of it with the other two as the 9930 seems to be the most likely to be the first new BB out of the gate.

And I will also post some feedback to USC. That's about all we can do.

I just hope that developers stick with making apps for the new OS. I don't need 200,000+ apps as I have with my Merge as the majority of the ones I've tried are either toys or FC frequently. I just need some of the core stuff. Quicklaunch, twitter, FB, MyCast, and a few others. Hopefully there are enough devs that are BB addicts to keep things going.
    07-16-11 03:32 PM
    Since OS7 isn't all that different from OS6 I think those apps will be working in no time.
    07-16-11 03:39 PM
    At USC we should be jumping for joy that we even get a new BB. I'm taking the Torch right away and giving QNX some time to develop itself. I tried the MEZ for one week and went back to the 9650. No time for android.its amazing how us BB users can keep everything in perspective when we have everything to look forward too.

07-16-11 07:17 PM
    Hopefully so. Just odd that there isn't a mention of it with the other two as the 9930 seems to be the most likely to be the first new BB out of the gate.

And I will also post some feedback to USC. That's about all we can do.

I just hope that developers stick with making apps for the new OS. I don't need 200,000+ apps as I have with my Merge as the majority of the ones I've tried are either toys or FC frequently. I just need some of the core stuff. Quicklaunch, twitter, FB, MyCast, and a few others. Hopefully there are enough devs that are BB addicts to keep things going.
    I would love it if the 9930 trumped the others, but I wonder if we will see the touchscreen BB's since I believe those were in the works before the 9930? I could be wrong there, but I thought the monaco, et. al were being leaked a while back.

Of course I would love to be wrong and see the 9930 sooner than later
    07-23-11 09:18 AM
    Regardless of the timing, I just hope USC gets it. I don't care if it a couple months behind the big 4. I'm patient so long as I know it will happen eventually.
    07-25-11 10:19 PM
    Regardless of the timing, I just hope USC gets it. I don't care if it a couple months behind the big 4. I'm patient so long as I know it will happen eventually.
    I wonder if now they will just wait for the 9790 or the all touch curve course idk if they are even CDMA

08-21-11 10:42 AM
    Anyone heard any updates on USC getting the 9930?

08-30-11 12:09 AM
    I have a "Blackberry Brunch" or soemthing with USC & RIM next week. This is one of the questions I expect an answer to. I will update accordingly.
    09-01-11 12:00 PM
    I have a "Blackberry Brunch" or soemthing with USC & RIM next week. This is one of the questions I expect an answer to. I will update accordingly.
    I will the watching for your post next week. Thank you

09-01-11 04:26 PM
    can't wait to hear about!
    09-04-11 09:27 AM
    Any news Jeff?

09-08-11 02:39 PM
    Any news Jeff?

Doesn't anybody have any news on this ??

09-14-11 05:07 PM
    As of right now, the 9930 is not coming to USC. This appears to be a USC decision, as they think it costs too much. I have asked my sales rep to ask the powers that be to reconsider, as two of his biggest clients have expressed interest in this device.
    09-15-11 06:45 AM
    As of right now, the 9930 is not coming to USC. This appears to be a USC decision, as they think it costs too much. I have asked my sales rep to ask the powers that be to reconsider, as two of his biggest clients have expressed interest in this device.
    That's interesting....makes me think I'm going to get the Electrify when it comes out. If I'm going to be using an all touch screen device, might add well use one that has a decent app selection as well as decent memory, camera, etc.

edit: let me clarify that I'm not slamming BB in general...just that I tried the Torch in the store and it's just not for me. If I'm going to have all touchscreen, I prefer the ui of Android.
    Last edited by john_v; 09-15-11 at 06:57 AM.
    09-15-11 06:50 AM
131 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD