I would love to have a RDP app for the playbook. One that works with bluetooth keyboard and mouse would be excellent. This will allow me to not carry my netbook every where I go.

On second thought..why isn't there a bluetooth keyboard case with build in touch pad. An RDP app and keyboard with touch pad would fulfill my needs where I need to travel and don't have my laptop.

Just a thought.........
    k1ward, b5m, jimred07 and 1 others like this.
    07-11-11 11:44 PM
    whats wrong with vnc,imt vnc is a nice client,works better than all android clients i tested did
    07-12-11 04:48 AM
    the issue is RDP is standard. VNC works fine but I don't really feel like installing extra apps on my clients servers.
    07-12-11 05:27 AM
    the issue is RDP is standard. VNC works fine but I don't really feel like installing extra apps on my clients servers.
    exactly. We NEED RDP apps, then I can drop my ipad
    07-12-11 05:44 AM
    +1..........

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-11 06:53 AM
    Um, VNC is also standard. Its actually more widely supported than RDP, which is only supported on Windows. That being said, RDP does work better than VNC on Windows, and it would be nice to have an RDP client for the PlayBook.

If someone has already created an RDP client in Flash/Air that they can port, bug them into porting it. Otherwise, like almost everything else we actually want, we'll need to wait for the not-yet-released SDK options.
    07-12-11 07:13 AM
    Android app is coming soon from what I heard from Kevin's latest video post in the news section. So, maybe this will help the process.
    07-12-11 07:55 AM
    Um, VNC is also standard. Its actually more widely supported than RDP, which is only supported on Windows. That being said, RDP does work better than VNC on Windows, and it would be nice to have an RDP client for the PlayBook.

If someone has already created an RDP client in Flash/Air that they can port, bug them into porting it. Otherwise, like almost everything else we actually want, we'll need to wait for the not-yet-released SDK options.
    RDP is pre-installed on all Windows Server clients. VNC is not. Once an RDP app is released I will have to activate tethering since apps are unable to use the bridge option.
    07-12-11 10:22 AM

VNC is NOT a standard in most Windows shops. Far too many security holes that can be hacked so they need serious support from admins to maintain. RDP has them too, yes, but Microsoft supports fixes and updates for those that are found and require no action other than applying regular patches and updates
    07-12-11 10:28 AM
    This is one of my few "must have" apps for me to consider my PlayBook truely useful in a crunch when I'm out and about. Like others have said, VNC is not an option. No way we would get approval to install VNC on all our internal and customer servers, RDP is the only way to go.
    07-12-11 11:02 AM
    This is one of my few "must have" apps for me to consider my PlayBook truely useful in a crunch when I'm out and about. Like others have said, VNC is not an option. No way we would get approval to install VNC on all our internal and customer servers, RDP is the only way to go.
    I installed VNC on my home PC and from there use RDP to access my servers. VNC is surprisingly fast using tightvnc and imtvnc. It'll do for now.
    07-12-11 01:03 PM
    For me all I need is TeamViewer it rocks on PC and iPad and hope it comes to PB
    07-12-11 02:52 PM
    For me all I need is TeamViewer it rocks on PC and iPad and hope it comes to PB
    Same for me, and light light is coming out

As we heard this morning from Kevin that the new OS release should probably allow us to use Android app, we'll be able to run team viewer through it since there's already an android TEAM Viewer app. Although having a Team viewer playbook app would be even better.
    07-12-11 03:23 PM
    Same for me, and light light is coming out

As we heard this morning from Kevin that the new OS release should probably allow us to use Android app, we'll be able to run team viewer through it since there's already an android TEAM Viewer app. Although having a Team viewer playbook app would be even better.
    Where did he tell about any OS updates
    Looks like I missed the article
    07-13-11 03:22 AM
    I can't wait...jeez. The if an RDP app that supported keyboard and mouse came about..it would be golden. It would turn my playbook into a thin client for the times I need to log into a server and restart services or passwords. I would be able to do basic system administration without having to bring my netbook everywhere I go.
    07-16-11 01:25 PM
    Its actually more widely supported than RDP, which is only supported on Windows.
    It actually isn't only supported on Windows.

As a developer, I decided to scrap building an RDP app for the PlayBook because I know as soon as the Android SDK is released, there will be a flood of RDP apps and it will have been a waste of time and money developing a native one.
    07-17-11 08:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD