Hi, this is my first thread, so I hope I did everything as the forum rules says.

I found this article in Engadged.com this morning, and what I want to know is what you think this could mean for the Playbook??? Could this be the start point for something greater??? Would like to hear some of our brighters minds thoughts about it...

Read the article below...

BlackBerry Internet Service 4.1 coming October 8th, priming inboxes for the greater good? -- Engadget
    07-11-11 10:28 AM
    As the PB does not use the BIS service at all at the current moment, it doesn't mean any change to it.
    07-11-11 10:40 AM
    As the PB does not use the BIS service at all at the current moment, it doesn't mean any change to it.
    There was another thread here where someone pointed out differently... There were a few "Tablet OS" mentions in there, all related to e-mail of course.

Of course the wifi PB uses BIS - when connected to your BB using Bridge. It may simply funnel through the BB for now, but nobody says that can't change, and according to that BIS 4.1 document a lot of people feel it will.
    narci likes this.
    07-11-11 11:44 AM
    The 8MB attachment size increase would be nice.
    07-11-11 02:10 PM
    There was another thread here where someone pointed out differently... There were a few "Tablet OS" mentions in there, all related to e-mail of course.

Of course the wifi PB uses BIS - when connected to your BB using Bridge. It may simply funnel through the BB for now, but nobody says that can't change, and according to that BIS 4.1 document a lot of people feel it will.
    I posted it.

Post #7 in this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...2011-a-628567/
    07-11-11 02:20 PM
    Here is a whole tread I started in back in May that discussed the possibility of PB native email being tied to a BIS upgrade. Of course it was the 4.0 upgrade at the time.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-4-0-a-615726/
    07-11-11 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD