I decided to buy a few books from Kobo to have for vacation. One of the books was a golf instruction book. I can't see any of the illustrations. All i get is a blue square with a rectangle. If i click the square it either brings me to the next page or previous page. Is there any way to view these illustrations or did I just cough up $13 for a book that is worthless without the pics? I have been waiting for 2 weeks for a response from Kobo and my request hasn't even been assigned to someone yet.
    07-10-11 11:31 PM
    I don't know how you contacted them but just this morning I wanted to purchase a book with a code for FREE. But before doing so I wanted to make sure there was a way to back out if necessary.

Here's the info on their site:

"* Quick Help Call 1-866-204-4714 (8am-12am EST) Email: [email protected] (24 hours) or use our online Help"

Or dispute with your credit card company, I'd guess.
    07-11-11 09:39 AM
    I decided to buy a few books from Kobo to have for vacation. One of the books was a golf instruction book. I can't see any of the illustrations. All i get is a blue square with a rectangle. If i click the square it either brings me to the next page or previous page. Is there any way to view these illustrations or did I just cough up $13 for a book that is worthless without the pics? I have been waiting for 2 weeks for a response from Kobo and my request hasn't even been assigned to someone yet.
    Might be stating the obvious but did you change the view for night mode to off?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-11 11:26 AM
    Hmmm. Interesting issue. I only have free books with no illustrations I've seen so far.
    Maybe it's the ebook that has the issue ??? It should be refunded.
    07-11-11 11:35 AM
    I never used night mode but checked it none the less. I contacted kobo through the help website and it says waiting to be assigned to a rep. Anyone have any other ideas?
    07-11-11 10:43 PM
    I have purchased one of the "For Dummies" books, and all the illustrations are there, including photos, the little icons the books are famous for, and the cartoons opening each section, when viewed on the PB. This contrasts with my Kobo Reader, which was unable to handle graphics. I had an earlier "For Dummies" book refunded for that reason, in the pre-PB days. Now, despite the inability to sideload ebooks from other suppliers, the Kobo PB version is my go-to library. Cheers.
    07-12-11 10:05 AM
    Kobo help is ridiculous. Within the app, how do you delete a book? I have some books with no cover art--they show as blank on the home screen, so I have to open them to know what book they are. Can I add a title? Is there software for managing the library? I have written them twice, no answer. They have an app for the pc, it won't go past asking for me to connect my reader. So no joy there. Very frustrating, but the text and font is great. Oh well. Epub works and some day we will have Kindle, I hope.
    07-15-11 10:01 AM
    I have had no problems with the Kobo app for the pc. Almost sounds like you got the worng app or something. I have never had to connect a ereader to get it to work.
    07-15-11 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD