I would like to sync either my work email calendar or my gmail calendar. Is there an easy way to do this, as I havent figured it out yet.
    07-10-11 10:00 PM
    Google "googlesync". It's not available on appworld, but directly from Google.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-11 10:32 PM
    07-11-11 11:03 AM
    BIS supports calendar sync even without an app, just change your email account settings

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    07-11-11 11:25 AM
    BIS supports calendar sync even without an app, just change your email account settings

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    Tried that once, and had one contact duplicated 1,657 times, another contact 1,242 times and all of my appts were triplicated.

Google sync ftw!
    07-11-11 11:42 AM
    YA! I had this same problem. I setup google sync to sync and was using gmail's app also for gmail email.. Then I setup it up under the BIS and synced the contacts and calendar that way. I thought it would merge or not copy but now I have like 3 calendar events and 10 contacts for each single one I had before...

Is there a consensus on which google method for syncing calendar or contacts is best??
    07-16-11 04:35 PM
    I use google sync. I turned off the feature in email setup. Under my gmail account setup on my BB I don't not have that sync my calendar. Google sync allows me to sync all my families calendars and my contacts. I would duplicate contacts and calendar events when I my email settings syncing. Hope that make sense.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-11 05:53 PM
    Doing it directly through google, not bis, should be the best option. Google is pretty good with the storage of their(your) data, and you should not have a problem.
    07-21-11 09:12 AM
    alrighty, I will stick with google's sync. I think, if I remember correctly, that the duplicates happened after I setup the gmail BIS on my phone..

Also I just installed bb desktop mgr, and is there a good way to delete the hundreds of duplicates with it?
    07-21-11 10:04 AM
    I just installed bb desktop mgr, and is there a good way to delete the hundreds of duplicates with it?
    No. I went into my Google contact list on my PC and deleted the duplicates there, and then re-sync'd. Then I made a new back up with DM.
    07-21-11 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD