Hello again, all!

I am just wonseeing how long you have been waiting for this phone?

I have been waiting since a couple of months before it was announced officially. That's how long I've been putting off a much needed new contract and new phone.

However, I cannot wait any longer - I would have got it by now if it was out. However, I need a new phone and contract so have just ordered a new iPhone 4. Yes, I know the iPhone 5 will come out September probably, however I want to save money as I will be able to drive soon (UK), and its going to be expensive as ****. So I would rather drive than pay extera for the ip5.

It also helps that I am starting a new sim-only with vodafone and gtging a new ip4 off eBay and saving that way.

I may get a blackberry in a couple of years. I will see how their QNX phones pan out - the iPhone is so god damn expensive. So hopefully we will see sole truly awesome blackberrys.

Have you given up like me? are you still hanging on? I must say, it does look like it's going to be a truely awesome phone. How long have you been waiting?
    07-10-11 08:55 PM
    I got my 8330m.
    Decided I wanted a touch screen phone.

Then sprint renewed my upgrade super early.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-11 08:58 PM
    Honestly I've been waiting on this phone since 2009,

when I moved to BB from Windows Mobile I did miss having some touch screen,

The torch was a happy device for me, but this 9900 seems to be what I have been waiting for, had it been announced last year when I got my torch, I probably would have held off on the torch for this phone.
    07-10-11 09:04 PM
    The first leak i think it was in January 24th 2011? So its been LONG!
    07-10-11 09:21 PM
    Yup, been waiting for this phone since 2009. It was an unknown name of 99xx, and was to be released late Q3 2009.

07-11-11 12:07 AM
    Since 2009. The first day I got my Bold 9000 I said to myself I can't wait to have a Bold Touch Screen.

I never thought my dream would actually come true.
    07-11-11 12:39 AM
    Beginning of the year...or whenever the rumors about this phone first started.
    07-11-11 01:31 AM
    My contract expired 2 months ago, but I do not plan to get the 9900.

I want a QNX device, so I am going to skip the 9900.

I cannot afford to pay full cost for a device, and I do not wish to be bound to a 2-year contract on a device that will be obsolete in 1 year once the QNX devices are released.
    07-11-11 01:45 AM
    Too long!!!
    07-11-11 06:12 AM
    I was torn between the 9000 and the Palm Pre. I have been a Palm loyalist since the Palm 1..... The 9000 was not a touchscreen so it made my decision easier - Now? There is no thinking - as soon as its released - its MINE!
    07-11-11 08:58 AM
    Too long.

I was so excited when first announced that I was hoping to be at a store on Day 1. now it's just "meh". My 9650 continues to do what I need it to do.
    07-11-11 11:50 AM
    -2 months. I'm not due for an upgrade until September.

07-11-11 01:25 PM
    I was upgrade eligible in May but I have been wanting this phone for years. Being on Verizon I never got to have a 9000 though I always wanted one.
    07-11-11 02:25 PM
    Years!!!!! and too damned long, if you are asking me.
    onyx, pluto, driftwood, Dakota, blah, blah, blah. At least we know it is a real device this time.
    Last edited by chadecoen; 07-11-11 at 02:36 PM. Reason: add somthin
    07-11-11 02:31 PM
    january/feb time. saw pics and rumored specs on GSMarena
    07-11-11 02:40 PM
    I've been waiting way too long!!!!

I got the 1st ever iphone after having a brick BB and i said that my PERFECT phone would be a phone with touch screen and a full qwerty!

i went to a G1 android when it first came out, and it was good, but android was still young and the landscape full qwerty was a pain

the Torch was very close and i love it, but i'm not a fan of sliders..

the 9900 will be my perfect device, no extra sliding to access the full qwerty and touch screen is readily available.

can't wait ; >
    07-11-11 02:42 PM
    I am still waiting also, does anyone know when this phone will come out for bellmobility in canada? The only release that I heard of was virgin mobile in canada.
    Hello again, all!

I am just wonseeing how long you have been waiting for this phone?

I have been waiting since a couple of months before it was announced officially. That's how long I've been putting off a much needed new contract and new phone.

However, I cannot wait any longer - I would have got it by now if it was out. However, I need a new phone and contract so have just ordered a new iPhone 4. Yes, I know the iPhone 5 will come out September probably, however I want to save money as I will be able to drive soon (UK), and its going to be expensive as ****. So I would rather drive than pay extera for the ip5.

It also helps that I am starting a new sim-only with vodafone and gtging a new ip4 off eBay and saving that way.

I may get a blackberry in a couple of years. I will see how their QNX phones pan out - the iPhone is so god damn expensive. So hopefully we will see sole truly awesome blackberrys.

Have you given up like me? are you still hanging on? I must say, it does look like it's going to be a truely awesome phone. How long have you been waiting?
    07-11-11 04:05 PM
    I got my iPhone 4 today extremely pleased with it. No insurance though... They are overpriced enough as it is.

I think I am happy because of the amount of apps. It's great. I've had an iPod touch for ages before. If blackberry do well with QNX and get a nice load of apps going, that may be my next phone. I'll be happy to have a great phone at a far less expensive price tag. On contract at least.
    07-12-11 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD