Hey guys, so like I've mentioned my uncle handles RIM's distribution in Eastern India and he had told me that he expected the Bold 9900 to be in his warehouses by the 7-8 of august with a release a week later.

Well I met him again, and he showed me a picture of them stacked in his warehouse !! He claims that they should be out in the mark as soon as in the next 10 days !!

He has always been accurate about previous launch dates. Can't wait !!!

Could it be that India is one of the first countries to get the 9900 ?
    It could make sense as they are almost always sim free here, with NEVER an exclusive phone, also that Blackberry's have become increasing popular of late !
    07-10-11 05:43 AM
    Hey guys, so like I've mentioned my uncle handles RIM's distribution in Eastern India and he had told me that he expected the Bold 9900 to be in his warehouses by the 7-8 of august with a release a week later.

Well I met him again, and he showed me a picture of them stacked in his warehouse !! He claims that they should be out in the mark as soon as in the next 10 days !!

It could make sense as they are almost always sim free here, with NEVER an exclusive phone, also that Blackberry's have become increasing popular of late !
    While i doubt that India would get it before any where else..i do hope tht you r right ..
    an if it does get launched within ten days ...i probably will hav it by month end ..that would make me real happy
    07-10-11 05:47 AM
    Great news !! please ask your uncle about the price if you can. I hope RIM will not give us a heart attack with the launch price ;-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-11 05:57 AM
    While i doubt that India would get it before any where else..i do hope tht you r right ..
    an if it does get launched within ten days ...i probably will hav it by month end ..that would make me real happy
    I know, it does feel odd, given that we are one of the last countries to get it, but maybe Blackberry is going to push the devices in those countries where it does not require carrier testing, given the fire its been under.

@ nfsw : Well i didn't ask him the price,but he had mentioned it will NOT be more than the blackberry torch's release price, which was 30,000 INR ($675)

But will keep you in the loop as and when things develop.
    07-10-11 06:20 AM

Can't imagine India getting it before the US, but ****.. It coming out ANYWHERE will make me happy. Thanks for the info broskido!

PS. AND IF ITS REALLY 10 DAYS THEN OFMGFOMGOFMGDOSGSDFG [:
    07-10-11 07:02 AM
    I know, it does feel odd, given that we are one of the last countries to get it, but maybe Blackberry is going to push the devices in those countries where it does not require carrier testing, given the fire its been under.

@ nfsw : Well i didn't ask him the price,but he had mentioned it will NOT be more than the blackberry torch's release price, which was 30,000 INR ($675)

I don't expect it to be lower either...an for BB9900 , i am willing to shell out even more..want it badly ...
    07-10-11 07:09 AM
    true i wouldnt mind it man !

and to back the story up further, i called up a reputed electronics shop, and he told me "late july at the latest"
    he also added that if i give him a day, he can tell me a more accurate date, so i'm going to follow up on that.

and yes, it bums me out, that India could possible get it ahead of UK or the USA possibly even Canada ! but what the heck, im not one to argue with a good thing

Last edited by shah35; 07-10-11 at 07:44 AM.
    07-10-11 07:34 AM

Thanx mate. 30k would not be a problem. I can stretch my self.
    Also, if you could ask the possible launch date for Torch 2 and its expected price ?? I would be extremely grateful to you as I'm really confused between these two phones.

Thanks in advance.

07-10-11 10:14 AM
    The 9930 is available in China and Malaysia now i belive.
    Its possible its BS.
    07-10-11 12:51 PM
    Im located in Norway.
    Should I go for the 9900 or the 9930?
    07-10-11 12:52 PM
    I hope it's true. I can't wait for this phone.
    07-10-11 01:20 PM
    Im located in Norway.
    If you have a sim card 9900 if you don't use a sim card for your phone then 9930. Contact your carrier for confirmation.

07-10-11 01:36 PM

Why not, I would be happy with the BUZZ it would create to launch outside NA first. Out of the box thinking. If you have a market that loves the product. Its all good. Give it to them. I'm sure it would only be a day or so before the rest of us. Launch in Indonesia as well.
    Last edited by Dapper37; 07-10-11 at 01:41 PM.
    ritesh likes this.
    07-10-11 01:38 PM
    If one of those boxes should accidentally end up at my doorstep, I would not object at all... =P

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    07-10-11 05:31 PM
    true i wouldnt mind it man !

and to back the story up further, i called up a reputed electronics shop, and he told me "late july at the latest"
    he also added that if i give him a day, he can tell me a more accurate date, so i'm going to follow up on that.

and yes, it bums me out, that India could possible get it ahead of UK or the USA possibly even Canada ! but what the heck, im not one to argue with a good thing

Do keep us updated from your side about the release date of the 9900.
    Thanks
    07-10-11 11:02 PM
    I think the Torch was retailing for Rs 34000 when it was launched.

@Shah35. Do keep bothering your uncle and asking him about updates.

Does your uncle work for Redington? I thought they were the all India importers and distributors and after sales service provider for RIM in India.
    07-11-11 02:04 AM
    Shah35> Any further news for us. Its been 3 days and you are now officially justified to trouble your uncle again.:-)
    07-14-11 02:15 AM
    haha, sorry for not replying sooner. He doesn't directly work for Redington, but works with them.

i did talk to him briefly yesterday, and he told me the same thing, within next week. and he mentioned "July tho paka" basically that there is NO WAY it would be later than july.

He did tell me that it was delayed, but he was very confident on the date being very very soon.

However he did tell me that he has to follow orders, and that RIM is known to hold back and delay at the last minute, however it should not be long, and India will most definitely be one of the earlier markets to get the Blackberry.
    ritesh, purijagmohan and xmen81 like this.
    07-14-11 06:11 AM
    Shah, where were you hiding? you should join our group's mailing list (bit.ly/BBInd)

Thanks a lot again for the updates. Keep us updated.
    07-14-11 07:18 AM
    Im located in Norway.
    Get the 9930. It's faster!

/s
    07-14-11 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD