Do you think that this new T-Mobile phone utilizing the Android software will be be a berry killer?

Early October a phone created by HTC in Tawain will be sold under the T-Mobile brand in the USA using Android. What's it going to be like?
    08-18-08 03:11 PM
    omg... berry killer.. seriously

this is just like those news headlines that say.... iphone killer soon to be released.
    08-18-08 03:43 PM
    Its gonna be called Dream. Looks sharp but kind of kiddie looking. I think there gunning for iphone market share.Rumor: HTC Dream Spotted In Real Life Leaked Video
    08-18-08 03:56 PM
    There is no comparison to a Berry... so do not even start that

The HTC Dream running Android will be awesome and has a potential on TMo, but there is no way to even compare it to a Berry yet!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-08 04:07 PM
    It really looks like a toy and I am so underwhelmed by it. I really can't do touchscreen.
    08-18-08 04:11 PM
    I like touchscreen phones, but this one looks like a touchscreen sidekick. I had such high hopes for this phone too. But now I'm not so sure after learning that it requires its own data plan like the sidekick starting at 35 bucks. That kinda defeats the purpose of my unlimited family text plan. I think I'm going to wait for the Javelin if the Thunder isn't an option.

08-18-08 07:09 PM
    Is the Android supposed to have push mail? If it does, it does have a good chance of taking over some of BB market.
    08-20-08 12:11 AM
    Looks sweet, hope it does well.
    08-20-08 05:22 AM
    Android looks great. It has a nice following for developers as well. Additionally, all of their applications are completely free. If they can incorporate multi-touch it would be a viable option for me.

I was on WinMo, NEEDED to get away, got a berry, and LOVED it. Now that android is coming along it seems like the next upgrade.

In the beginning it will not have a following like blackberry's, but it will eventually gain steam. Getting users from the iphone guys because of apple squeezing money out of the users every possible way, but that is mho.
    08-20-08 09:15 AM
    I'm hoping android comes to verizon, but will it be possible to install android on a blackberry since its open source?
    08-20-08 11:23 AM
    Yea, I'm sure you can hack a berry to have android somehow, but what's the point. The android os utilizes touch screen functions for the majority of its user interface, therefore the only rumored berry to support would be the thunder/storm. Either way, I think it will be healthy competition for the iphones and bb's alike. And I love open source.
    08-20-08 07:34 PM
    I'm soo looking forward to the future of Android hand sets, but like any new entrant into the market they need to grow. Not everyone can make a entry spash like the Iphone did last year. I'm still going ahead with my 3 year sentence with Robbers and go for the Bold, however I expect to see big things at the end of my contract. Heck maybe instead of using conventional cellular networks we will be able to use Wifi exclusively.

That's my dream and I'm sticking with it : )
    08-20-08 08:25 PM
    Do you think that this new T-Mobile phone utilizing the Android software will be be a berry killer?

Early October a phone created by HTC in Tawain will be sold under the T-Mobile brand in the USA using Android. What's it going to be like?
    I bet its going to suck....nothing will ever beat a Berry(without sparking copyright infringement lawsuits)....here's why I think the Android will suck- 1)It's made by Google(they suck bigtime) For example, any time I do use Google in favor of 37.com, the Google search results that are displayed typically have NO RELEVANCY to what I'm searching for(I tried to find the obituary for a friend who passed away and all I got for return results on Google were links that also had the name "Alex" in them. Fed up with Google's sub-par performance, I typed the same exact words into 37.com's search bar and BAM- there was the obituary. Aside from Google's over rated crappy software, we need to look at what happened the last time a software giant tried to cross over into the field of developing cellphones; of course I am talking about the very controversial Apple iphone. Anyone who has at least half a brain can tell you the iphone is a dumbed down version of a blackberry without any of the performance- in short, iphones suck. No, I can pretty much guarantee the Android phone(dumb name) is going to have as much hype as iphone did and similar to iphone, it will let everyone down..... The computer people(Google,Apple, HTC, Microsoft) should all focus on something besidesw cell phone industry because not a single one of those companies has put out anything decent....EVER...

08-23-08 07:20 AM

I bet its going to suck....nothing will ever beat a Berry(without sparking copyright infringement lawsuits)....here's why I think the Android will suck- 1)It's made by Google(they suck bigtime) For example, any time I do use Google in favor of 37.com, the Google search results that are displayed typically have NO RELEVANCY to what I'm searching for(I tried to find the obituary for a friend who passed away and all I got for return results on Google were links that also had the name "Alex" in them. Fed up with Google's sub-par performance, I typed the same exact words into 37.com's search bar and BAM- there was the obituary. Aside from Google's over rated crappy software, we need to look at what happened the last time a software giant tried to cross over into the field of developing cellphones; of course I am talking about the very controversial Apple iphone. Anyone who has at least half a brain can tell you the iphone is a dumbed down version of a blackberry without any of the performance- in short, iphones suck. No, I can pretty much guarantee the Android phone(dumb name) is going to have as much hype as iphone did and similar to iphone, it will let everyone down..... The computer people(Google,Apple, HTC, Microsoft) should all focus on something besides cell phone industry because not a single one of those companies has put out anything decent....EVER...

08-23-08 07:22 AM
    Blackberry killer??? I don't think so!!!

Making Blackberry better??? YES, I would believe this. If Blackberry think they are untouchable they will die a quick death, or agonizing death like IBM (who thought they were untouchable). The iPhone and a few others have shown Blackberry that they can loose shares in the market if they don't continue to try to improve.
    08-23-08 09:53 AM
    iphone killer.... and berry killer... its just better competition... the dream is both a touchscreen and and a qwerty board.... but thats not whats going to kill them... the fact that the sdk is open source.. just the few i've seen from the google top fifty are simply amazing.. the ui is pretty, and the os is even prettier... dont get me wrong... i love my blackberry, but the android is simply amazing... now if the thunder/storm can pull out a better os than what it has... than we just have a good smartphone war.... but to me its all up in the air... all phones are amazing in their own right.... i just have to see more of the storm... but as of yet.. the 3g iphone is constantly bugging out... the dream isnt out yet, so nothing can be said... and their are just screens of the storm...
    08-24-08 01:39 AM
    I will be getting one as soon as it comes out. Google just has a way of doing things that are great, they do what they supposed to do, do it well and when was the last time you paid for a service from google?
    08-24-08 01:42 AM
    Its gonna be called Dream. Looks sharp but kind of kiddie looking. I think there gunning for iphone market share.Rumor: HTC Dream Spotted In Real Life Leaked Video

Doesn't look promising at all. I like how 30 seconds into the clip the user has to hit the touch screen 4 times to get to the menu he wanted. He should have done the whole clip over, lol.
    08-24-08 02:16 AM
    I absolutely love my curve and the thought of another phone was unthinkable til I started learning about android. First the new plan is simply unlimited messaging and unlimited data in one package so your not spending anymore money if you already use those options. Second the os is available to any type of phone available not just touchscreen so anyone can use whatever type of phone they like. And third this will be just the first version of the OS and with how google pushes out updates for all of their services it should improve quickly with the first updates. Like I said, I love my berry but if RIM doesn't keep up with software and get devices out in a timely fashion they could lose a large part of their customer base.

08-28-08 01:23 PM
    I think it will be an iPhone competitor, not a BB killer.
    09-01-08 02:03 PM
    The htc dream looks like its gonna be a very powerful phone but because of the design I won't get it. I love the all black finish and the fact that its touchscreen. I think that it will be bulky. I don't believe that it will be a berry killer.

09-02-08 12:24 AM
    anyone else think it looks like its gonna be hard to type on?
    09-02-08 12:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD