i got a bold 9900 pre-release and it was running firmware 100, decided to update to 867 and my bbm services wont connect, any ideas? thanks.

the phone is awesome from what ive seen so far, touch screen is great and its very very quick. when the official release comes out i gather it will be even better.
    07-07-11 02:46 PM
    Yes you have an unauthorized device and it has likely been blacklisted. Most pre-release devices at one point or another before official release have this happen.
    07-07-11 03:00 PM
    it still makes calls, texts etc , but the services are not connected, is that still blacklisted?
    07-07-11 05:46 PM
    Same symptoms as my pre release 9650. All bis/bes services are blocked. Cell services like calls/text should be fine along with data services that don't require bis/bes, but wifi instead.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-11 06:11 PM
    I swapped my device today with another one, its working fine now, this one ahs an IMEI number aswell , the one before didn't, I wont update the software yet on this just incase.
    07-07-11 06:53 PM
    How many of them do you got!?? Haha
    DeeDudnath likes this.
    07-07-11 08:01 PM
    If the IMEI number starts with 0044 then you've got a pre-release device, and risk being PIN-blocked at some point.

a-rabmoney likes this.
    07-07-11 10:52 PM
    I see, i knew it was a pre-release didn't know about the PIN getting blocked though, I will buy the official anyway, when its finally released
    07-08-11 02:07 AM
    Unfortunately, I cannot help. Please send your device my way for me to give you a closer examination.

I WANT ONE.
    07-08-11 02:19 AM
    I see, i knew it was a pre-release didn't know about the PIN getting blocked though, I will buy the official anyway, when its finally released
    There's only a risk of being PIN-blocked with a pre-release device, it's not guaranteed to happen.

I'm still using a year old pre-release 9780, and my PIN is still working fine.
    07-08-11 04:46 AM
    this is just unfair! another person with one! I have no friends so I dont need a PIN... *subtle poking*
    07-08-11 06:49 AM
    There's only a risk of being PIN-blocked with a pre-release device, it's not guaranteed to happen.

I'm still using a year old pre-release 9780, and my PIN is still working fine.
    even after firmware updates?
    07-08-11 06:01 PM
    even after firmware updates?
    Yup... after many, many, many OS updates
    07-08-11 06:05 PM
    Yup... after many, many, many OS updates
    Updating my new one now, lets see what happens, the battery life isn't great but I heard a firmware update to the 1089 bundle should do the trick.

Edit: Updated , works perfect. and much faster. I think there was a problem with the other device
    Last edited by a-rabmoney; 07-08-11 at 06:31 PM.
    07-08-11 06:11 PM
    What about battery life?

We know it's fast, but that isn't the whole story. I charge my devices during night, but hate to charge a device twice a day.

07-09-11 12:41 AM
    Testing battery now, left it on charge overnight took it off at 9am. Normaly it would die at around 3pm with constant usewill keep you updated.

Edit: Battery died at 6.40pm, with constant bbm use, wifi on + 3g and screen on full brightness and some internet browsing. big improvement after the update. 3-4 hours of extra battery. will update to the latest firmware tonight and test again.

Last edited by a-rabmoney; 07-09-11 at 12:43 PM.
    07-09-11 03:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD