I have spoken with several Tmobile reps and read as much as I can find on the internet. Many have expressed doubts as to whether th FCC will approve and I am hoping that rings true. My wife and I pay 140 a month for unlimited data text and talk, nobody else does that.

If the merge does happen how do you think it will go down? Do yall think we will be able to keep our plans? Will we lose the 3g on our phones due to the different 3g frequencies used by the carriers? I am really worried because getting the service I have now would cost double anywhere else.

Based on your knowlege and past experience how do you guys think this will pan out?
    07-06-11 10:05 PM
    Won't ever happen...

If it really does though, Tmobile (the company and service), isn't going to change much. Everything will stay the same, but Tmobile's commercials attacking Att.
    07-06-11 10:38 PM
    Never say never. As big as AT&T is, I wouldn't be surprised if they're paying people under the table. I'm hoping that it doesn't go through because you can't beat TMOs prices and I am on a grandfathered family plan. I'm happy with my service and I'm hoping that I'm able to hold on to it for as long as I can.
    07-07-11 04:26 AM
    Yes I beleive it will, and the only reason I want it to happen, is because I live in an area that dont even get 3g service from T mobile, while ATT is booming with 3g/4g. I love Tmobile, and had them for years, i then switched to Sprint for a year, and last week I came back to Tmobile because i missed it. I stay on WiFi mostly at home nowadays, so havin "EDGE" bothers me less. But I could benefit from the merger, if it would give me access to ATT towers/network.
    07-07-11 09:47 AM
    We may lose 3g coverage though as att uses different frequencies
    07-08-11 07:53 AM
    Well, we may have to change devices, to one that has the right band to support ATT's 3g, but that would be ok with me. I actually dont really support the merger, but I feel like T-mobile users in my area of the world would get better coverage.
    07-08-11 10:27 AM
    I don't know. I think it should be rejected because AT&T has proven throughout its history that they are out to screw the consumer and were broken up for it. But it seems like companies have more rights now that consumers so who knows. If it doesn't go through then AT&T has to give T-Mobile $3 Billion and some spectrum. I'm going to probably switch to T-Mobile as soon as the new OS7 Devices come out (Sprint is just nickle and diming me with fees and I would save money switching to a T-Mobile Family Plan) and we'll see what happens.
    07-10-11 03:35 PM
    jjbadd, why in the world would anyone pick a cell service provider with junk coverage in one's own area?
    07-11-11 01:54 AM
    I don't know. I think it should be rejected because AT&T has proven throughout its history that they are out to screw the consumer and were broken up for it. But it seems like companies have more rights now that consumers so who knows. If it doesn't go through then AT&T has to give T-Mobile $3 Billion and some spectrum. I'm going to probably switch to T-Mobile as soon as the new OS7 Devices come out (Sprint is just nickle and diming me with fees and I would save money switching to a T-Mobile Family Plan) and we'll see what happens.
    How is Sprint nickel and dimming you? I have Sprint service and also thinking about switching to T-Mobile.
    07-11-11 01:56 AM
    How is Sprint nickel and dimming you? I have Sprint service and also thinking about switching to T-Mobile.
    Well I have four Blackberry devices on a family plan sharing 1500 minutes for about $200 which isn't bad. I used to be able to turn on the Blackberry International plan only when needed and it was pro-rated to $40 a month, but they just up and got rid of it so now in order to have it I have to pay $40 per month to keep it on. I travel for a couple weeks at a time overseas and it isn't predictable so I have to keep it on so now that pushes me to $240 a month. Sprint has now implemented a smartphone tax because I guess they weren't selling enough of there WiMax crap so if I upgrade my Blackberry devices to other 3G only Sprint Blackberry they will charge me another $10 per phone pushing me over the $280 per month price. My youngest son is about ready to be old enough to have a phone so that would be $310 per month if I add him.

I checked with T-mobile and I can have 5 Blackberry devices, sharing 1000 minutes, and each with 2GB of data and UMA for $214 per month, and with the new values plans they are talking about over at Tmonews, would be even cheaper. They also have international e-mail for Blackberry. **** even AT&T and Verizon are cheaper than what my Sprint bill will be if I upgrade my phones.

Also I live in Northern VA and it looks like T-mobile has decent 3G and HSPA coverage here. Sprints CDMA is just old (but great quality voice), and I think WiMax is a joke and the coverage here appears pathetic. If I'm going to pay a premium price I expect more than just CDMA (and not WiMax).
    07-11-11 10:07 AM
    Well I have four Blackberry devices on a family plan sharing 1500 minutes for about $200 which isn't bad. I used to be able to turn on the Blackberry International plan only when needed and it was pro-rated to $40 a month, but they just up and got rid of it so now in order to have it I have to pay $40 per month to keep it on. I travel for a couple weeks at a time overseas and it isn't predictable so I have to keep it on so now that pushes me to $240 a month. Sprint has now implemented a smartphone tax because I guess they weren't selling enough of there WiMax crap so if I upgrade my Blackberry devices to other 3G only Sprint Blackberry they will charge me another $10 per phone pushing me over the $280 per month price. My youngest son is about ready to be old enough to have a phone so that would be $310 per month if I add him.

I checked with T-mobile and I can have 5 Blackberry devices, sharing 1000 minutes, and each with 2GB of data and UMA for $214 per month, and with the new values plans they are talking about over at Tmonews, would be even cheaper. They also have international e-mail for Blackberry. **** even AT&T and Verizon are cheaper than what my Sprint bill will be if I upgrade my phones.

Also I live in Northern VA and it looks like T-mobile has decent 3G and HSPA coverage here. Sprints CDMA is just old (but great quality voice), and I think WiMax is a joke and the coverage here appears pathetic. If I'm going to pay a premium price I expect more than just CDMA (and not WiMax).
    Have you checked into att? I just switched over from sprint and have 5 bb's on the account and my bill is 275 a month. 1400 anytime minutes,2g data plans on each line,25 dollar anymobile to mobile,mms and 10 bucks per line for telenav, 4.99 ins on each bb. I do get 25% discount though and go the torch's for a penny Very happy with the switch!
    07-11-11 08:39 PM
    Have you checked into att? I just switched over from sprint and have 5 bb's on the account and my bill is 275 a month. 1400 anytime minutes,2g data plans on each line,25 dollar anymobile to mobile,mms and 10 bucks per line for telenav, 4.99 ins on each bb. I do get 25% discount though and go the torch's for a penny Very happy with the switch!
    Yeah I looked into them, but I'm not a fan of them and it wasn't a huge savings. I'm leaning towards T-Mobile as I can get 5 Blackberry device for $214 per month, maybe less if I can get on these classic plans, and if they do get bought by AT&T then I get grandfathered in.
    07-12-11 01:01 PM
    I just resigned for tmobile, might as well lock the contract now while I can.
    07-16-11 09:55 PM
    jjbadd, why in the world would anyone pick a cell service provider with junk coverage in one's own area?
    Well their (tmo) coverage is good in my area now. A little over a year ago Ll I had was "EDGE", but they have since upgraded, and now I get their HSPDA (3/4 G) COVERAGE. I am happy with t-mobile now, also I went from Blackberry, to Android, until RIM can catch up with the technology that is out now. I am NOT insulting RIM, I still love them, I just wanted to try out android to see if I prefer BB's or Android. I can say after 2 weeks that Android isn't as bad as I thought.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-11 04:59 PM
    T-Mobile also offers unlimited WiFi calling as a free add-on. you have to ask for it though.

T-Mobile's new plans are a great value, you can also mix and match data for lines that don't use much and stick them on a 200MB data plan which a great way to save money vs the one choice for everyone mentality of Sprint.
    07-17-11 05:57 PM
    I sure hope not. I have great coverage with them and you can't beat their prices.
    07-20-11 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD