Just got my invite and quickly found out that plus.google.com kicks you to the mobile site and tells you to log in from a desktop. Anyone know if there is a way around this so we can use Google+ from our PlayBooks?
    07-06-11 06:21 PM
    Not at the moment until there is an app similar to the gmail that lets you use the full site.
    07-06-11 06:24 PM
    There's a guy on my google+ list that says google+ runs best on the PB out of the other tablets, closest to surfing it on a PC.
    07-06-11 07:20 PM
    Google+ works great on the PlayBook.

I use this shortcut to force it into desktop mode: https://plus.google.com/?fd=1

If you end up on the mobile site there is a link to the desktop version at the bottom of the page.
    ericlc2 and misdeismo like this.
    07-06-11 07:23 PM
    Totally off topic, but would anyone be so kind to invite me? i know they shut down invites, bit a quick google search showed a work around for invites.

If anyone would be so kind, please PM me. Sorry for the hijack.
    07-06-11 07:42 PM
    Totally off topic, but would anyone be so kind to invite me? i know they shut down invites, bit a quick google search showed a work around for invites.

If anyone would be so kind, please PM me. Sorry for the hijack.
    PM me with the workaround and I'll try it tomorrow after I get out of work.
    07-06-11 08:44 PM
    Google+ works great on the PlayBook.

I use this shortcut to force it into desktop mode: https://plus.google.com/?fd=1

If you end up on the mobile site there is a link to the desktop version at the bottom of the page.
    Doesn't work if you are not already signed up. Tells you to go to a desktop.
    07-06-11 09:24 PM
    Doesn't work if you are not already signed up. Tells you to go to a desktop.
    It did that to me too even after I had signed up and used it on a PC. Had to log into gmail on the PB. Once logged in there you should have a link to Google+. You have to use the full desktop version of the site first. After that even the mobile site of gmail has a link to Google+
    07-06-11 09:47 PM
    I use the link at the bottom to the desktop version.
    07-06-11 09:59 PM
    To sign up you have to be on an actual computer. Works great on the PB after that. If you want an invite, send me your gmail address.
    msevinsky likes this.
    07-06-11 10:44 PM
    Thanks for the info everyone. It always seems to be something as simple as signing out and signing back in. That's all I had to do.
    07-06-11 11:15 PM
    Invites are open tonight, but it won't work for everyone however you may get your's in a few days if it doesn't.
    07-06-11 11:53 PM
    i'd appreciate an invite too if someone has a spare :$
    07-07-11 12:56 AM
    Speaking of Google+ on the PB, has anyone joined a hangout and been able to use the frontfacing cam?
    07-07-11 04:03 PM
    Speaking of Google+ on the PB, has anyone joined a hangout and been able to use the frontfacing cam?
    Hangout needs a plugin installed, so for now it only works on a computer.
    marts1x likes this.
    07-07-11 05:29 PM
    Does anyone have an xtra invite?
    07-07-11 08:39 PM
    Google + renders fine on the Playbook... I'm just wondering if anyone else finds that it crashes the browser a lot?
    07-08-11 11:24 PM
    i find google plus works very well and the only thing that doesnt is the +1 from another site. it states its not supported on the mobile device and instructs you to goto a desktop.
    07-09-11 03:11 PM
    This another "Facebook" thing lol?
    07-09-11 03:15 PM
    i'd love to have an invite if anyone has [email protected]
    07-09-11 11:11 PM
    The only people who the "work around" works for are those of us who at lucky enough to be at Google right now so they are whitelisted
    07-10-11 12:49 AM
    It works, sort of. Tried adding a profile pic. Okay, browse files to upload. Was able to choose files from my Playbook directories, and my bridged BlackBerry directories. So far so good. Chose one from my phone and uploaded no problem. All great so far. But Google+ then forces you to crop the profile pic by dragging the corners of a crop box before you can save profile image. As hard as I tried, I was unable to work the crop box and wound up having to use my desktop to complete the task.
    07-10-11 07:02 AM
    It works, sort of. Tried adding a profile pic. Okay, browse files to upload. Was able to choose files from my Playbook directories, and my bridged BlackBerry directories. So far so good. Chose one from my phone and uploaded no problem. All great so far. But Google+ then forces you to crop the profile pic by dragging the corners of a crop box before you can save profile image. As hard as I tried, I was unable to work the crop box and wound up having to use my desktop to complete the task.
    Oh yeah, I forgot aboput the four-pointed box. Took me more than a few times to try and drag the box. You also have to do the initial setup from a desktop/laptop. The only good thing is that once a profile picture has been uploaded, you can always choose an older profile pic with the click of your mouse. On the Playbook, you just tap your profile picture and Bob's yer Uncle.
    07-10-11 07:07 AM
    please send google + invite thanks! [email protected]
    07-10-11 03:48 PM
    please send google + invite thanks! [email protected]
    invite sent! enjoy!
    07-10-11 04:03 PM
93 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD