For some reason when I connect my Bold 9650 to my computer it's decided that wireless sync for my contacts is turned on and I need to disable it. I never turned it on, and I don't have the capabilty to even use the funstion. Desktop manager tells me to go to contacts-menu-options-turn off wireless sync. When I try this, there is no option to turn this function off. I've tried a few different solutions I've seen in other threads, but nothing seems to work. I'm still able to sync my calender, tasks, and notepad, just not my contacts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    07-06-11 04:18 PM
    When you go to contacts/menu/options/ look under the heading "Contact Lists", on mine its says "Desktop", when you click on it will allow you to turn off wireless sync.
    (p.s. I'm on a BES, so I'm not sure yours will say "Desktop".)
    Hope that helps.
    humboldtmatt likes this.
    07-06-11 06:19 PM
    This is why I appreciate crackberry and it's users so much. I've been pulling out my hair for the last couple of days trying to figure this out and your solution worked. Thank you!
    07-07-11 06:17 PM
    i tried to follow your suggestions (I have a bes too) but I do not have a "Desktop" item ... I find a "Default" item but even if i click on it, there is no option to disable the wireless sync

help !!!
    09-16-11 04:10 PM
    Verizon Curve 9330

Not finding any threads with this exact phone, BUT finding similar threads, same subject.

My Curve WAS set up properly, wireless sync contacts only, use wire for everything else, especially CALENDAR. Got new computer, which says it never met my Curve. I reset up completely, but spend hours trying to "turn off wireless sync", as per the other discussions.

Click on contacts button, MENU, OPTIONS and nothing but wallpaper and reset choices. The reset doesn't do anything with wireless.

I even went so far as to disable WIFI on Curve, reboot everything, but it still insists Calendar can't be wired sync, because it is already Wirelessly Syncing. I don't want that! I need to sync with Outlook.

I spent an hour or so on mobile forums, none on my phone model, but all with the same question, same problem. Follow instructions, MENU, OPTIONS but the "turn off wireless sync option" is not here at all. Going thru settings, connections - nothing gives me that option. Going back to my stuff on Verizon site and the calendar does not show up there, but the wireless sync is working correctly for contacts.

So, like everyone asks -how do I turn off wireless sync when nothing so far offers me that option?
    10-06-11 02:07 PM
    Verizon Curve 9330

Not finding any threads with this exact phone, BUT finding similar threads, same subject.

My Curve WAS set up properly, wireless sync contacts only, use wire for everything else, especially CALENDAR. Got new computer, which says it never met my Curve. I reset up completely, but spend hours trying to "turn off wireless sync", as per the other discussions.

Click on contacts button, MENU, OPTIONS and nothing but wallpaper and reset choices. The reset doesn't do anything with wireless.

I even went so far as to disable WIFI on Curve, reboot everything, but it still insists Calendar can't be wired sync, because it is already Wirelessly Syncing. I don't want that! I need to sync with Outlook.

I spent an hour or so on mobile forums, none on my phone model, but all with the same question, same problem. Follow instructions, MENU, OPTIONS but the "turn off wireless sync option" is not here at all. Going thru settings, connections - nothing gives me that option. Going back to my stuff on Verizon site and the calendar does not show up there, but the wireless sync is working correctly for contacts.

So, like everyone asks -how do I turn off wireless sync when nothing so far offers me that option?
    Have you checked to make sure that you have the wireless sync turned off at the account level?

Try this. It's kind of long-winded, but it worked for me.

1. From your Contacts app, hit the menu and find OPTIONS. Look at the Contact Lists section. If you see an email account listed, select it. There will be a check box next to WIRELESS SYNCHRONIZATION. Clear the check box, save and exit.

2. From your Messages app, hit the menu and find OPTIONS. Scroll down to EMAIL ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT. Select the email account for which you disabled Wireless Synchronization. Scroll down to find SYNCHRONIZATION OPTIONS. Clear the check box for Contacts. Save and validate the email account.

3. Open your Contacts app, hit the menu and find OPTIONS. Type RSET. That will delete the contact list that had been set up to sync wirelessly. When the contact list is deleted, your contacts will be deleted as well. You'll have to sync with your Outlook to get your contacts back when you're done. Reboot your phone.

4. Finally, from the homescreen, hit the menu and find OPTIONS. Type DEFA and scroll down to find DEFAULT SERVICES. Verify that the listed services are set to the accounts you want to use.

That should do it. Make sure that you set up your PIM sync conduits in Desktop Manager.
    Last edited by Underway99; 10-07-11 at 01:57 AM.
    Torje Gabrielsen likes this.
    10-06-11 04:25 PM
    How do I turn of wireless sync in a blackberry curve 8520??
    10-14-13 11:00 AM
    in step 4. you said ''When the contact list is deleted, your contacts will be deleted as well. You'll have to sync with your Outlook to get your contacts back when you're done. Reboot your phone.''

How do i sync with Outlook??? Now all my contacts are deleted.. Please HELP!
    02-07-14 12:36 AM
    I ment step 3*
    02-07-14 12:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD