Is it possible for developers to make games and apps that use the Bluetooth connection to "bridge" from the BlackBerry SmartPhone to the PlayBook?

I'd like to see some simple games like maybe Scrabble where the game board is on the PlayBook but the players peices are on their BlackBerries. Or BattleShip where the players boards are on their BBs but the main map is on the PlayBook.

Is this even possible? Or are we going to have to wait for RIM to open up some sort of API?
    07-06-11 02:42 PM
    Is it possible for developers to make games and apps that use the Bluetooth connection to "bridge" from the BlackBerry SmartPhone to the PlayBook?

I'd like to see some simple games like maybe Scrabble where the game board is on the PlayBook but the players peices are on their BlackBerries. Or BattleShip where the players boards are on their BBs but the main map is on the PlayBook.

Is this even possible? Or are we going to have to wait for RIM to open up some sort of API?
    My understanding is that it is not possible today and we will have to wait for RIM to open up some Bridge related APIs before that kind of development can be done.
    M.Rizk likes this.
    07-06-11 03:05 PM
    I'm thinking this might be possible once the BlackBerry player for the PlayBook is released.
    07-06-11 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD