Hello, now when I saw that Torch 2 is coming to august like Touch, I can not decide which one whould be better.

So it would be really hear from which you like or you are going to buy and why!?
    07-05-11 03:26 PM
    Do you want a bigger screen or a better keyboard with a slim profile? That is really all it boils down to.
    AbuYazeedUK, alz3abi and RevyRah like this.
    07-05-11 03:27 PM
    why you think that keyboard is so much better?
    07-05-11 03:36 PM
    Because it's a cross between the bold 9000 and the bold 9700...with the size of the 9000 and the feel of the 9700. Also, the Torch 2 is like the Torch 9800, so the keys are flatter to accomodate the slider.

There are a few threads that compare the two new devices. Basically, the specs seem to be the same. The differences are likely only in the form factor.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-11 03:42 PM
    I came from a 9000 to the Torch, and the 9000's keyboard is eons better. Word is the kb on the 99** is even better than that. After 10 months, I'm finally as comfortable typing on the Torch as I was with the 9000 right out of the gate. As noted earlier, the big question for me is if I want to give up the bigger display for that big beautiful keyboard. I'm leaning toward the 9900 at the moment, but the decision is far from a sealed deal.

AgentScribe likes this.
    07-05-11 03:49 PM
    And you really can feel that screen is so bigger?

Because if i am right touch is 2,8 and torch 2 - 3,2 inches, yes? And is that such a big difference?
    07-05-11 03:54 PM
    .4" is a decent difference, especially when using the touchscreen for various tasks.

Just like how the new 9900 screen is very noticeably larger than the previous bold screens...

Torch will be better for browsing and media (dual orientation + larger screen). Bold will have a better keyboard, better pixel density on the screen (sharper) and faster typing since you don't have to open the slider.
    07-05-11 04:10 PM
    The keys on the original Torch & T2 are more shallow, a lot smaller and don't have near as much movement/give as the 9900. This is of course to slim down ergonomics and make the device as thin as possible, but IMHO they keyboards aren't even close. However some prefer a larger screen and virtual keys versus a traditional keyboard and smaller screen. It's all about preference.
    07-05-11 04:13 PM
    Torch will be better for browsing and media (dual orientation + larger screen). Bold will have a better keyboard, better pixel density on the screen (sharper) and faster typing since you don't have to open the slider.
    Ugh. The dual-orientation is one of the reasons why I don't think the Torch is media friendly. Browsing for YouTube videos in portrait, then having to flip the phone to landscape to watch the video feels very awkward. I'd rather have a smaller screen that's comfortable to hold in landscape mode permanently.

07-05-11 04:20 PM
    The keys on the original Torch & T2 are more shallow, a lot smaller and don't have near as much movement/give as the 9900. This is of course to slim down ergonomics and make the device as thin as possible, but IMHO they keyboards aren't even close. However some prefer a larger screen and virtual keys versus a traditional keyboard and smaller screen. It's all about preference.
    If you prefer a larger screen with a virtual keyboard, an iPhone may be a better choice.
    07-05-11 04:27 PM
    That's just a preference.

I can easily say that a complete lack of portrait orientation of all limits how you can display data and webpages. Not to mention there's no real reason you couldn't use the device in landscape (and lock the orientation) and use the software keyboard at times (like youtube). I doubt you need to type novels on youtube...
    07-05-11 04:28 PM
    I have used both and choose the 9900. I hate sliders and it reminded me too much of my original Torch which I grew to hate.

The Bold 9000 was one of my favorite RIM devices, though I will always loved my 7520 more than any in it's day. The 9900 is similar to the 9000 and the keyboard is the best I have used. Add a fast processor and this is not your Daddy's Blackberry!

Unless you loved the Torch, the 9900 is as good as it gets.
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 07-05-11 at 05:47 PM.
    MaxiumGrimm likes this.
    07-05-11 05:19 PM
    I played with a 9930 today and really can't wait for it to be released (well the 9900 that is). I loved the 9000 keyboard. Went to the 8900 then back to the 9000 then 9700, 9800 and now 9780.
    It's all about what you like. I have an i4 as well and like the virtual keyboard on it but never liked the Torch virtual nor physical keyboard.
    I'm gonna dust off the 9000 and try to get some pics tomorrow to compare with the 9930.
    Crucial,
    Off topic but is the touch really gonna be called Torch - All Touch?
    07-05-11 07:00 PM
    I played with a 9930 today and really can't wait for it to be released (well the 9900 that is).
    But you didn't take any pictures what so ever... How selfish of you to keep the joyous experience to yourself. GO WRITE ON THE BLACKBOARD "I WILL SHARE WITH OTHERS" 200 TIMES!
    07-05-11 07:14 PM
    If you prefer a larger screen with a virtual keyboard, an iPhone may be a better choice.
    And I do, thanks. But my point was that many BlackBerry users prefer the Torch because they like the virtual keyboard and the larger screen versus the 9900.
    07-05-11 07:26 PM
    Hello, I got a Torch the week it came out and have been very happy with it. However, a couple of drawbacks that may help you decide are:
    1. I believe it is thicker. The Torch is a bit of a fattie. The 9900 will be thinest ever.
    2. Better screen but as great as the keyboard is (way, way, way better than Motorola Pro) the bold 9900 will be better.

3. The are moving parts to the Torch and this is just one more thing that can go wrong. I have had no problems but dust and other stuff started getting into it in my pocket so I got a hip holster.

4. This next one is minor but I think worth mentioning since bb users like to customize their bb's. I have speed dials for everyone I call regularly. With the 9900 you will just push the key you assigned but with the Torch there is the extra step of sliding it open first. Minor but I've thought about it several times. Hmmm...

It will be a tough choice but the good news is that they will be the best two blackberries out there (in my opinion at least) so you really can't go wrong. Seriously, there are many great phones out there so I'm not going to knock on the iphone or droids but I started with the iPhone, then I moved up to a Tour but got frustrated with the crashing and no wifi on my model so I went to the top of the line droid and missed the keyboard, push e-mail and just hated the battery life so as soon as the Torch came out I came back to blackberry.

Both devices coming out are twice as good as the Torch 1.
    Hope this helps a bit.
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 07-05-11 at 08:28 PM.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    07-05-11 07:57 PM
    I always said that when RIM came out with a berry with a form factor like that of the 9000, I would jump on it. Well that was before I got my 9800. I must say I love the larger screen size of the torch, so I am kinda torn. The thing I am most looking forward to is the upgraded internal specs. Hopefully this will make the bridge work even better on my playbook.
    07-05-11 08:10 PM
    I must say I did like the Bold but it was kind of Bulky and the 9800 keyboard was a little uncomfortable at times but I do like the idea of a big screen and I finally came around to the touch screen BB just need to step up to the video calling function and we would really be in business. I guess if I had a gun to my head and was told to choose I would go with the torch 2.
    07-05-11 08:17 PM
    It's the 9900 for me... I like that formfactor. If I need something with a bigger screen then I'll use my PlayBook.
    djjohnson and dadymon like this.
    07-05-11 08:32 PM
    I am still on the fence
    I do like my Torch, BUT I so love the look of the 9900, so I think it is going to be heavily based on which is released when I am ready with cash, and at what price both are,

a couple of things that might factor in as well is 3rd party support, will the Torch2 get an extended battery which the Torch 1 didn't? will the 9900 get an extended battery?

What will the otterbox have made, to go with?
    my complaint with my torch very much is cases, the candybar devices are better.
    djjohnson likes this.
    07-05-11 08:51 PM
    i am getting the 9900 for the keyboard and screen resolution. i have the 9800 currently and do not like the slide feature and i am ok with a smaller screen size given the fact that the resolution is amazing. the keyboard is amazing on the 9900
    nycccemtp likes this.
    07-05-11 08:56 PM
    But you didn't take any pictures what so ever... How selfish of you to keep the joyous experience to yourself. GO WRITE ON THE BLACKBOARD "I WILL SHARE WITH OTHERS" 200 TIMES!
    Of course I took pictures... Just didn't turn out as well as the others found on the web already...
    I've been looking for a side by side of the 9000 and 99x0 which is what I will try to take tomorrow. I'll share then
    JUSTQUAN2 likes this.
    07-05-11 09:02 PM
    torch all the way i think its the best blackberry thats out there so far cause a big touch screen with a optional keyboard if you wanted... i bet the torch 2 is gonna be great but alot of ppl do like the bold and i do to but i like to have a big screen
    07-05-11 09:43 PM
    torch all the way i think its the best blackberry thats out there so far cause a big touch screen with a optional keyboard if you wanted... i bet the torch 2 is gonna be great but alot of ppl do like the bold and i do to but i like to have a big screen
    But the form factor is the killer (at least for me it was). Too thick, too heavy...
    Reminded me of the Storm... The 99x0 is thinner that the 9780 but slightly thicker than the iPhone 4. Great feel in the hand. Sure, the screen is smaller but vga resolution on a device this size kicks ****!
    And did I say the keyboard is amazing...!
    07-05-11 09:48 PM
    either way its a win win situation if you decide upon blackberry and not apple/android.
    07-05-11 09:53 PM
86 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD