I'm currently using the Impact but i noticed that this thing got a little wobbly lose after just 2 months of usage! Literally, its like my blackberry sinks at the bottom so only half of the LED is revealed while the other half is blocked. My earpiece is burried too!

Im considering on getting myself a commuter but when i checked it out on video, its got a plastic hard shell covering, and it end to have greasy hands cos for annoying reasons, they get sweaty easily. Any thought on this before it get it? is it really gonna get greasy?
    07-05-11 08:28 AM
    Get the OtterBox Defender Series case. That's what I have on my 9780 right now. It's great on the hands, and a good grip. I love it. The only flaw is that you have to really push down on the lock key. That's all. But purchase that instead of the Commuter Series case. I had that one previously. It was okay. Not my favourite though.

Cheers!
    07-05-11 08:42 AM
    I use the defender everyday. I think it would be better for you as it has the keyboard membrane and soft rubber covering the hard plastic case. The membrane protects the keys and you do not even know it it on there. I a year and a half the membrane is as good as new too. That amazes me!
    07-05-11 08:44 AM
    I have both commuter and defender, I use commuter every day and defender when I'm outdoors more and when I helm dragon boats some weekends.
    Defender is too bulky to use every day.
    The commuter has the plastic on the outside which makes it easier to slip in and out of your pockets.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-11 09:47 AM
    Thanks for the replies folks, but there's one more thing im wondering about the commuter series: since it's plastic, does it get greasy at the back? I have sweaty hands.
    07-05-11 06:50 PM
    Thanks for the replies folks, but there's one more thing im wondering about the commuter series: since it's plastic, does it get greasy at the back? I have sweaty hands.
    It's rough plastic not smooth plus you can take it off and wash it in like 5 seconds, don't be lazy lol

07-05-11 06:58 PM
    It's rough plastic not smooth plus you can take it off and wash it in like 5 seconds, don't be lazy lol

i guess im gonna have to feel the actual one to be able to really see if it'll suit me. plus, defender for me is way too much really since i dont go anywhere harsh and dangerous for the phone. call me a little ocd but i extremely hate it when my phone feels greasy due to my sweaty hands and since the impact is rubber like, then its fine but yeah i was hoping the commuter would do me the same favor but as ive said, ill have to find that out.
    07-06-11 06:03 AM
    i guess im gonna have to feel the actual one to be able to really see if it'll suit me. plus, defender for me is way too much really since i dont go anywhere harsh and dangerous for the phone. call me a little ocd but i extremely hate it when my phone feels greasy due to my sweaty hands and since the impact is rubber like, then its fine but yeah i was hoping the commuter would do me the same favor but as ive said, ill have to find that out.
    I def reccomend it and don't be afraid to wash it often, a few good shakes and you can have it back on in seconds. You could probably wipe it with a damp towel while still on too as it covers the ports and all the side and top buttons too. I haven't used my 9700 "naked" in months now.

07-06-11 06:13 AM
    Otterbox has very good customer service. Email them and complain that the rubber is stretching and they'll send you a free one. I've gotten a couple free Otterbox cases because one cracked and the rubber skin on another tore.
    07-06-11 09:16 AM
    I've used the Commuter series on my last two BBs (8900 & 9700); will get it for the 9900 asap. I've never had a problem with the plastic becoming slippery or greasy. For me, the Commuter offers the perfect balance between protection and feel.

The Defender series is great, but probably overkill for most people.

Sounds like you'll be happy with Commuter. Try it. If you don't like it, send it back.

One note: I don't like the screen protector that comes with the Commuter series, so I ditch it for a Zagg Invisibleshield. It's another $15, but worth it IMO.

$50 ($35 for Otterbox Commuter + $15 for ZAGG invisibleSHIELD) and my BB is well protected and still fits in my pocket. Not bad for something I use everyday, all day to make a living.
    anon(3733516) likes this.
    07-06-11 10:30 AM
    I use a curve 3g and got the otter box commuter back in February.. Let me tell you I love this case its protects my phone and ports.. I have the blue and black one the plastic is blue but I never had it slippery or greasy IMO.. I take the commuter off from time to time to clean it with an alcohol wipe because dust and dirt from your pockets will get underneath the case and build up so I wipe it down and put it all back together again.. Its a great way to keep your phone and case looking new!

07-06-11 11:29 AM
    I use a curve 3g and got the otter box commuter back in February.. Let me tell you I love this case its protects my phone and ports.. I have the blue and black one the plastic is blue but I never had it slippery or greasy IMO.. I take the commuter off from time to time to clean it with an alcohol wipe because dust and dirt from your pockets will get underneath the case and build up so I wipe it down and put it all back together again.. Its a great way to keep your phone and case looking new!

That's the thing I hated. How the dust would stick to the silicon part and somehow get underneath the case..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002ZF...bUvbUpU6462291

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
    07-06-11 11:34 AM
    Man, did my otterbox commuter payed for itself today, big fall on concrete, gig enough to leave dents in the outter plastic.

07-07-11 12:51 PM
    +10 for the Commuter. Mine still fits like a glove after a year and a half, still looks perfect after a few drops, and it's super easy to remove when I put it in my charging pod at night. Both parts are easily hand-washable, too.
    07-07-11 02:20 PM
    Got the OB Defender for my 9780 and my PB. Love em!!! Before that was a rocking an OBD with my old 8320
    Not a fan of the Commuter Series.
    07-07-11 04:25 PM
    Know that emailing them with pictures will get you a new case for free.
    07-07-11 04:53 PM
    Love love the OtterBox Defender series for any device! I had a Defender on my Storm and a Commuter on my Torch.

As for the sweaty/greasy feeling on Commuter stuff. You will probably notice it how the plastic thing feels after awhile. I sell a lot of OtterBox products. But as someone stated earlier it is a synch to remove it, wash it quickly and get it back on the phone in minutes.

To give you an idea of what the plastic part feels like - while lounging in an easy chair I have to be careful when I rest my phone on my belly. It will slide off!
    07-08-11 05:58 AM
    thanks for all the replies, they all are helpful really. ive had the chance to check the commuter yesterday but they only had the white one and not the black one i hate one cos it turns yellow and gets dirty easily. ive just ordered the black one online and it is suppose to arrive tomorrow or monday. I am looking forward to using it! I think i can manage with the plastic back
    07-08-11 11:04 AM
    hey guys. so as i've said, ive ordered the commuter and here it is:

im liking it! it's way thinner than the impact yet still offers a good amount of protection. i should have gotten this rather than the impact if i had known! really awesome and the hard plastic shell ain't too bad either. i hope it doesnt get too greasy in the long run, but i do worry on the headphone jack and the charger hole's cover going lose after a while.

overall though, im satisfied with this thing. WAY WAY better than impact
    07-11-11 08:26 AM
    My port covers are still solid. Notice they have male parts that fit snugly into the ports themselves. Don't abuse them and they'll last for a long long time. Enjoy!
    07-11-11 09:54 AM
    My port covers are still solid. Notice they have male parts that fit snugly into the ports themselves. Don't abuse them and they'll last for a long long time. Enjoy!
    i charge nightly so i have a slight feeling ill be abusing them lol
    07-12-11 04:48 AM
    i charge nightly so i have a slight feeling ill be abusing them lol
    So do I, and they're still perfect.
    07-12-11 06:16 AM
    So do I, and they're still perfect.
    really good to know!
    07-13-11 08:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD