Hello. I am interning at a large corporation and I had asked to be on the Enterprise server (on my personal phone) so that I could access my email. I forgot I could just add an Exchange account separately. After being added to the server and configuring my phone, it started syncing everything to the company's server and I did not want this to happen. Now I was under their IT policy. I had asked to be removed from the Enterprise Server. My network administrator changed my IT policy to "Default", removed me from the server, I was able to remove my password, delete the proper service books and then reboot and that was that.

I went to install "Blackberry Protect" this morning just to try it out, and this error came up:

I do not want to wipe my device. I just got this phone and reconfigured everything, haha. I don't even know if wiping the device will remove the "Default" IT policy (which it still says I'm under), but I am no longer connected to their servers!

I also noticed some of the Facebook options are grayed out, and I'm assuming this is due to the IT policy as well.

Please help!

Also, if you need my device info:

Blackberry 9780
    OS 6 - 6.0.0.448
    T-Mobile

Thank you,
    Craig
    Last edited by Nuggstein; 07-05-11 at 09:40 AM.
    07-05-11 08:24 AM
    You can use BBSAK, Crackutil or other similar utilities to remove the IT policy. I had a similar experience and know what huge pain in the arse it is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-11 09:13 AM
    But is a wipe required?
    07-05-11 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD