For some reason, over the past 24-48 hours, my Curve 8320 will collect / pick up old emails that my BlackBerry has already picked up. So, say someone sends me an email, the BlackBerry will show it. Then, about 15 minutes or so later, it will show it again, as new on my BlackBerry

It's strange, and I'm not sure why it's happening. I've removed the account, re-added it, and same thing. I've resent the service books; same thing...

I did a search, did not find anything on here about it. Any other ideas?
    Last edited by anon(153966); 10-10-07 at 06:29 PM. Reason: ...made it clearer.
    10-10-07 04:28 AM
    hmmm.... sounds like there may be a third-party email account that is both integrated with the BlackBerry Internet Service account, and enabled to forward email messages to the email account using a forwarding rule........ what is your email service??
    10-10-07 04:34 AM
    Thanks for the reply. My GMail account is directly connected to my BIS, i.e. not being forwarded anywhere. Since GMail is push technology, no need to forward it to say, a BlackBerry.net email address...

Plus, I've not changed a thing; strange this...
    10-10-07 04:37 AM
    Thanks for the reply. My GMail account is directly connected to my BIS, i.e. not being forwarded anywhere. Since GMail is push technology, no need to forward it to say, a BlackBerry.net email address...

Plus, I've not changed a thing; strange this...
    The same thing happened to me today, but with my hotmail acct. I tried to link my hotmail acct a week ago and it finally activated last night, but I woke up with 56 emails.

I just removed my hotmail acct.
    10-10-07 04:47 PM
    Well, sorry to say, removing my GMail permanently is not an option. Albeit, I wished the GMail application gave some type of notification. If it did, I'd just use that...
    10-10-07 06:30 PM
    Something similar is happening to me. About three times a day my messages fill up with messages from my gmail account that I recieved before I even got my BB. I end up with 200 messages everytime and have to delete them from the device! Does anyone know what could be causing this?
    10-10-07 10:50 PM
    Something similar is happening to me. About three times a day my messages fill up with messages from my gmail account that I recieved before I even got my BB. I end up with 200 messages everytime and have to delete them from the device! Does anyone know what could be causing this?
    That has to be annoying.

I am a BIG Gmail fan and I have no problems. Everything is working perfectly between my Curve and my Gmail.

Hope this gets resolved for you.
    10-12-07 02:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD