Most likely that Iphone5 will have blinking light like in BB. Wat does it mean to potential BB9900 buyers?? I used to be Iphone user and have nth bad to say about it. Currently using BB9780 & waiting to upgrade to 9900. After this rumor, I'm in fix. This blinking light is one of the reason I'm with BB.....can't live without it.
    eternalrestt likes this.
    07-04-11 06:47 AM
    Makes no difference to me. I'll continue to use what I like and that is bb. A blinking light on an iphone is no reason for me to change. There are other things about the iphone that may be but I don't like apple for my own reasons and it is a good phone.
    07-04-11 06:56 AM
    No phone comes to comparison with a BlackBerry. Enough said.
    07-04-11 07:15 AM
    They will enable the flash on the back of the phone to blink for notifications in iOS5.

So you will have to have your phone upside down to see the notification. LOL
    nikesu likes this.
    07-04-11 07:27 AM
    No phone comes to comparison with a BlackBerry. Enough said.
    In your opinion. Really bb has had some not so stellar phones along with android and apple. Someone will always feel that what they own is superior to the others but they are all good phones minus some of the crap models and even some love their crap model like the storm.
    07-04-11 07:29 AM
    I will be getting a new phone by december or maybe even october and one of the things that i love with blackberry is the LED notifications. If i do switch to Iphone 5, im a little scared of the fact that i'll regret it and i dont wanna waste money on any mobile phone anymore.
    07-04-11 07:47 AM
    tkwolf then you should play with it before you buy it or if you have a friend that gets one maybe they will let you play with it.
    07-04-11 07:49 AM
    Apple seen to take every company under the Sun to court if their product has 1% im common with an Apple device, maybe its RIMs turn to be petty

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-11 07:49 AM
    They will enable the flash on the back of the phone to blink for notifications in iOS5.

So you will have to have your phone upside down to see the notification. LOL
    I believe it is the current iPhone 4 that uses the camera flash when the software has been upgraded to iOS5. The new iPhone 5 (or 4S or whatever they call it) will have a separate LED flash in a proper place.
    07-04-11 08:15 AM
    Apple seen to take every company under the Sun to court if their product has 1% im common with an Apple device, maybe its RIMs turn to be petty

That's why I will never buy an Apple product. Apple also treat their company workers like slaves. I work part time at BestBuy and Apple is forcing me to take training courses that I don't even need. My manager at BestBuy refused to fire me. Apple wants BestBuy to fire me because I called Apple neo-Hitler style management.

Also, Apple controls what you can do with their computers like Macbook Pros and iMacs that people are becoming slaves.

I will never ever buy an Apple.

07-04-11 08:29 AM
    That's why I will never buy an Apple product. Apple also treat their company workers like slaves. I work part time at BestBuy and Apple is forcing me to take training courses that I don't even need. My manager at BestBuy refused to fire me. Apple wants BestBuy to fire me because I called Apple neo-Hitler style management.

Also, Apple controls what you can do with their computers like Macbook Pros and iMacs that people are becoming slaves.

I will never ever buy an Apple.

All I have to say is WOW
    07-04-11 08:32 AM
    ill admit im a mac convert, but thats only because buying a new laptop changed nothing as windows was windows and I want something new. as for iPhones, ive been there and done it, I dont want to have to upgrade yearly to keep up with its tech.

as for unwanted training, I was told to train by Dulux to be a colour advisor and director, dispite me disputing that im colour blind ^_^.. but hay **, snot Green and Orange looks great.. O_O

07-04-11 08:55 AM
    Luckily for me, my work will be buying me the 9900 and I will buy the iphone so I can have both
    mustangv8 likes this.
    07-04-11 09:05 AM
    I will also admit I am a Macbook Air owner.

I hate Apple. I am envious and jealous of their success and it pisses me off to see that isn't happening to RIM (call me a kid, I don't care).

In my opinion, RIM and MS have some things in common. They both stagnated when the world (particularly Apple) was moving 100km/s. That's why now they realized the importance of having a quick responsive Windows (compared to the current one they have) and that's what RIM also realized to do is have a faster phone.

I'm realizing this post is useless. Sorry.
    RetroAndreas and mssca like this.
    07-04-11 09:31 AM
    All I have to say is WOW
    Ha ha... I hate Apple as a company. But their products are super awesome. I am a science student at school, but most of my marketing and business major friends agree that Apple is running like a Japanese company. FYI, Japan has the height suicide rate in developed countries and MOST suicides are result of work place issues. What Apple Inc is doing with their workforce is every close to what Toyota and other Japanese do with their workforce.

Anyway, I hope the see 9900 soon on Telus. It would be great if it comes out BEFORE the school starts because that way I have time to play around a bit.
    07-04-11 09:33 AM
    Japan is one of the most densely populated countries in the world, so alot more people = a greater number of everything, including suicide =)

07-04-11 10:09 AM
    Ha ha... I hate Apple as a company. But their products are super awesome. I am a science student at school, but most of my marketing and business major friends agree that Apple is running like a Japanese company. FYI, Japan has the height suicide rate in developed countries and MOST suicides are result of work place issues. What Apple Inc is doing with their workforce is every close to what Toyota and other Japanese do with their workforce.

Anyway, I hope the see 9900 soon on Telus. It would be great if it comes out BEFORE the school starts because that way I have time to play around a bit.
    Yeah, I was wowing about apples policy and not that your view on them.
    07-04-11 10:12 AM
    Though a LED will attract most, it would take more to get many to make the move. I do use both and would welcome a real flashing LED. I would also like to see notifications completely done over, what they have now is pitiful and giving us the ability to repeat pitiful is more pitiful!
    Spawn12 likes this.
    07-04-11 10:30 AM
    I will hate it when jobs will claim that they invented the led notification and advertise it as a innovative feature alongside things BB has been done for ages...
    narci and Spawn12 like this.
    07-04-11 10:38 AM
    What is this doing on the 99xx board??
    07-04-11 10:52 AM
    I think the OP thinks that the IP5 with blinking led = 9900 DOA
    I am just too impatient to get the 9900 that I post everywhere it is mentioned
    07-04-11 10:57 AM
    Japan is one of the most densely populated countries in the world, so alot more people = a greater number of everything, including suicide =)

if that statistic is based on a per capita basis then what your saying doesn't really matter.

San Fran. is considered the gay capital of the US but in reality Burlington VT is based on population.

Also if you look at companies like XOM and AAPL who is more profitable? I'll give you a hint it is not that oil company or any of them for that matter.
    07-04-11 11:45 AM
    I will also admit I am a Macbook Air owner.

I hate Apple. I am envious and jealous of their success and it pisses me off to see that isn't happening to RIM (call me a kid, I don't care).

In my opinion, RIM and MS have some things in common. They both stagnated when the world (particularly Apple) was moving 100km/s. That's why now they realized the importance of having a quick responsive Windows (compared to the current one they have) and that's what RIM also realized to do is have a faster phone.

I'm realizing this post is useless. Sorry.
    I couldnt have agreed more with this. RIM has the potential on being as good as Apple but is messing it up. Being in forigen countries, I've noticed the Blackberry population is greater than iPhone and Android (then in the states, IMO). As for the topic in this thread, I wouldn't be surprised if Apple finally added a notification light. I'm an iPhone user, and RIM is making it harder for me to switch back to Blackberry.

07-04-11 11:52 AM
    Even if it had eleventeenty LEDs and an app which ironed my shirts for me I wouldn't go back to iOS.

ritesh likes this.
    07-04-11 12:01 PM
    a blinking light is a nice feature. But will no way sway my decision of a phone and sell a phone to me.

Something like that for me is so small.
    07-04-11 12:08 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD