Blackberry Bold 9900 Sim Free Smartphone - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Amazon has now listed the Bold 9900 for preorder costing �549 and for release on 15th September.
    jimpilot likes this.
    07-03-11 04:00 PM
    Wow it's not on US Amazon yet. Wonder if that will be before or after US release.
    07-03-11 04:04 PM
    07-03-11 04:48 PM
    Wow don't like those dates

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-11 05:09 PM
    "Please note that release dates are subject to change"
    07-03-11 05:11 PM
    That is at least something solid by way of a release date
    07-03-11 05:29 PM
    That is at least something solid by way of a release date
    "Please note that release dates are subject to change"

I doubt if their "release date" has any solid basis in reality. They have to put something and by putting Sept 15 and saying dates are subject to change, they're just playing it safe and covering their backs.

07-03-11 05:33 PM
    I hope you're right. Hopefully it drops in early-mid August.

07-03-11 05:42 PM
    Seems expensive to me, would have thought that this will come down soon. Also I would say that this date of 15 Sept points to an Aug 15 release date for Vodafone exclusively for one month.

What do you think Chaz

07-03-11 06:00 PM
    I don't care to much about the color. Just release it already.

07-03-11 06:36 PM
    Seems expensive to me, would have thought that this will come down soon. Also I would say that this date of 15 Sept points to an Aug 15 release date for Vodafone exclusively for one month.

What do you think Chaz

My thoughts are, vodafone will get it before any other carrier. And vodafone will get it before amazon, CPW, phones 4 u.... etc.

Things are looking like it will indeed be august for vodafone, however I did do some speaking to reps and was told by one that it will be July, she was not allowed to give a specific date, but she said it would be after july 15th. So late July.

That was only one rep, however others did not seem to know much about the launch date. It did seem that she actually went to properly check for me also, whereas others did not.

This was a week or so ago, so bear that in mind. Things could easily change. I'm preparing myself for a august release on vodafone, but hoping so bad it's July. Most likely august I would guess, and no later unless something catestrophic happens.
    jacmeister68 likes this.
    07-03-11 07:30 PM
    That would be avesome
    07-03-11 07:33 PM
    My thoughts are, vodafone will get it before any other carrier. And vodafone will get it before amazon, CPW, phones 4 u.... etc.

Things are looking like it will indeed be august for vodafone, however I did do some speaking to reps and was told by one that it will be July, she was not allowed to give a specific date, but she said it would be after july 15th. So late July.

That was only one rep, however others did not seem to know much about the launch date. It did seem that she actually went to properly check for me also, whereas others did not.

This was a week or so ago, so bear that in mind. Things could easily change. I'm preparing myself for a august release on vodafone, but hoping so bad it's July. Most likely august I would guess, and no later unless something catestrophic happens.
    I guesstimated pre August 4th based on their coming soon page using some sort of logical order based on release, the galaxy tab is listed after the 9900 with uk release of 4th August. So let's hope between July 15 and Aug 4
    DeeDudnath likes this.
    07-03-11 07:43 PM
    I can't wait for this device... I need it before the NFL season to tweet during games! LOL
    07-03-11 08:11 PM
    I would take any color at this point, but I love my white Bold 9780, so a white 9900 hundred sounds perfect!

07-03-11 08:15 PM
    Oh come on... By just releasing the info on BB 9900 so early and now it is not out yet is bad for RIM for sure.

07-03-11 09:04 PM
    NOT excited about that price...
    07-03-11 09:55 PM
    Guys, that ad is completely FAKE. Look at the seller... "RIM" who also sells iPhone accessories??? And what kind of credible source writes out "BlackBerry" as "Blackberry" ?
    howarmat likes this.
    07-03-11 10:28 PM
    �549 my behind! its more expensive than my lovely PB.
    07-03-11 10:46 PM
    The carriers will get the 9900/9930 before any 3rd party store. The 3rd party stores typically get them about a month later. I'm speaking from experience with Rogers. The head office and their corporate stores got the Torch and 9700 before Best Buy, Future Shop, Wireless Wave, etc.
    07-03-11 10:49 PM
    no official date has been set, so you can all untwist your knickers ^_^

07-04-11 04:02 AM
    Guys, that ad is completely FAKE. Look at the seller... "RIM" who also sells iPhone accessories??? And what kind of credible source writes out "BlackBerry" as "Blackberry" ?
    Unfortunately for us, "by" only seems to indicate the manufacturer of the product, not the seller. I'm not sure why iPhone cases come up when searching for RIM. Since there is nothing on the page for another seller, I'd have to assume this post is by and will be fulfilled by Amazon.

Much more interesting though, is this:

DealZone @ Amazon.co.uk: 9900
    07-04-11 04:09 AM
    looks like models are in the hands of more than just testers

07-04-11 04:40 AM
    This is correct - as Voda will have a four-week exclusive, they should release in mid-August.
    jacmeister68 likes this.
    07-04-11 05:44 AM
    *Edit: Nevermind
    Last edited by SEVEN1FO; 07-04-11 at 06:48 AM.
    07-04-11 05:45 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD