I updated to version 0.526 everything was fine but after I sync with my computer suddenly the media folder disappeared , all the apps that were there (music, pictures, etc.'...) are ok but the folder itself has disappeared and even when I'm trying to move things into folders the media does not appear (Only home, applications, games and instant messaging appear), the original theme's tab has the media but not the folder itself can be communicated to things. Oh and of course the media tab is empty ...
    Does anyone know what can you do???
    Thanks in advance ...
    07-03-11 01:22 AM
    Update again, except I would recommend .600, and after when you go to restore data, don't restore everything. You had the media folder deleted in your backup, so when restoring data DO NOT restore something along the lines of "Folder Options"
    07-03-11 02:44 AM
    Is there a chance it can be hidden?
    07-03-11 02:53 AM
    3rd party theme I bet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-11 02:56 AM
    Is there a chance it can be hidden?

Folders can not be hidden.

3rd party theme I bet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Themes change the look of the icon, they don't delete it though. So unless the OP didn't read the names and just looked for the picture, it could be a theme.
    07-03-11 02:59 AM
    Folders can not be hidden.
    You sure about that? I have some of mine hidden
    07-03-11 03:10 AM
    You sure about that? I have some of mine hidden

After reading this, went to go try and hide my applications folder, which is possible. But hiding the Media folder wasn't possible. I just assumed, when I tried hiding the media folder, that all would not be able to be hidden.
    07-03-11 03:16 AM
    After reading this, went to go try and hide my applications folder, which is possible. But hiding the Media folder wasn't possible. I just assumed, when I tried hiding the media folder, that all would not be able to be hidden.
    The media folder can be hidden.

OP select the bb button in the application list and click show all and see if your media folder is there.
    07-03-11 03:20 AM
    The media folder can be hidden.

OP select the bb button in the application list and click show all and see if your media folder is there.
    My media has never been able to be hidden. When I hit the BB button the only options in there are:
    QL Auto Fill (QuickLaunch)
    Orientation Lock (SixTools)
    Switch Application
    Move
    Add Folder
    Show All
    Options
    07-03-11 03:28 AM
    My media has never been able to be hidden. When I hit the BB button the only options in there are:
    QL Auto Fill (QuickLaunch)
    Orientation Lock (SixTools)
    Switch Application
    Move
    Add Folder
    Show All
    Options
    I'd be more than willing to prove to you that I can. PM me your bbid and I will show you. Maybe it's OS dependent?
    07-03-11 03:30 AM
    I'd be more than willing to prove to you that I can. PM me your bbid and I will show you. Maybe it's OS dependent?
    I'm not saying that your isn't able to be hidden. I'm saying mine never has been and I've ran almost every OS on my torch. I don't see how this could work but, maybe it's because I shrink my OSes to the max before installing them.

But to the OP - I just hid my Applications folder, when I went to 'Show All' it didn't show up, so I did a battery pull and it was back. So maybe try Showing All then doing a battery pull.
    07-03-11 03:38 AM
    as i mentiond. i use the stock theme and its hapend even with it. the media tab is empty and if i'm in the media tab and presing the bb buten nothing hapens, no menu apears. its like the media is deleted from the device.
    07-03-11 03:39 AM
    as i mentiond. i use the stock theme and its hapend even with it. the media tab is empty and if i'm in the media tab and presing the bb buten nothing hapens, no menu apears. its like the media is deleted from the device.

Don't try from the media area. Go to all, with the menu open as much as it can, hit the BB button and go to Show All. If that doesn't work, I would recommend doing what I mentioned in my first post of this thread.
    07-03-11 03:40 AM
    yeh. i think that my only choice is to do os instalation again
    thanks
    07-03-11 03:50 AM
    Do you see the Media application such as the music player and the Video Camera?

From the very front screen, press MENU, MENU, scroll to select OPTIONS. Does the screen just flash for a second then go back to the main screen?
    07-03-11 03:52 AM
    yes. i can see all of these apps but the folder itself is gone, when i try to "move to folder" some apps the media folder isnt an option (as i mentioned above...)
    07-03-11 03:54 AM
    Third party theme. Try changing back to the stock OS6 theme, then reset your ICON PLACEMENT.

At least try this before doing an OS Reload.
    07-03-11 03:57 AM
    Third party theme. Try changing back to the stock OS6 theme, then reset your ICON PLACEMENT.

At least try this before doing an OS Reload.
    as i mentiond. i use the stock theme and its hapend even with it.
    I would have to say, his only option to get it back is doing a OS reload, and not restoring everything. It seems like we've gone through every other solution for this problem.
    07-03-11 04:00 AM
    thanks for helping, but if you read the original post i already did that. it didnt help...in the stock theme i dont have the media folder...
    07-03-11 04:00 AM
    Crap. My bad. Sorry for wasting every ones time.
    07-03-11 04:02 AM
    thanks for helping, but if you read the original post i already did that. it didnt help...in the stock theme i dont have the media folder...

Well we did try to help. It sucks that the sure way of getting it back involves reloading the OS. Shows how good this site is for help though, constant posting to help you try and fix your issue.

Crap. My bad. Sorry for wasting every ones time.
    You didn't waste anyone's time. You were just trying to help and that's what matters.
    07-03-11 04:03 AM
    yeh. thanks. my only problem is i use a mac and i dont get near a pc in the close future. i will have to wait till i will get my hands on a pc
    thanks to everyone
    07-03-11 04:03 AM
    yeh. thanks. my only problem is i use a mac and i dont get near a pc in the close future. i will have to wait till i will get my hands on a pc
    thanks to everyone
    I am also a Mac user, and I just Pm'd you my solution for the issue of not having a Windows computer.
    07-03-11 04:11 AM
    FOR BBOS 6

1. Apply the stock blackberry 6 theme.

2. Then while the theme is highlighted in your list of these press the BB button, and select reset theme.

3. Should fix everything but you will have to re-arrange your icons.
    o5stang and tripvire like this.
    07-12-11 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD