is anyone else having problems with gmail on the pb?
    07-02-11 06:19 PM
    there were issues with the last update but appear to have been resolved. what problems do you have?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-11 06:28 PM
    It works GREAT.
    I mostly use if for the ability to Print on a network printer.
    07-02-11 06:38 PM
    there were issues with the last update but appear to have been resolved. what problems do you have?

i still get these gaps of time when u cant get current messages. it goes on for days.
    07-02-11 07:59 PM
    these gaps will occur when you select mobile view. Please use simple HTML and all your errors are gone!

07-02-11 08:22 PM
    how to you use simple html.... whenever i log on to gmail the opening page is in simple html but once i enter my username and password it goes to the mobile view... i hate that view... any help would be much appreciated...
    07-03-11 02:13 AM
    Do you use private browsing? i have had some problems with the browser going into mobile sites but mainly when private browsing is turned on. Otherwise no issues with gmail.
    07-03-11 08:44 AM
    if you scroll all the way down on the left menu, you can select other views. if you go to gmail.com the next time, you will get the right settings.

07-03-11 08:47 AM
    if you scroll all the way down on the left menu, you can select other views. if you go to gmail.com the next time, you will get the right settings.

not sure what this means. I have same issue.....won't show any new mail and says i have a connection issue in the right pane. I can't force it to go to a regular html view.
    07-03-11 09:03 AM
    not sure what this means. I have same issue.....won't show any new mail and says i have a connection issue in the right pane. I can't force it to go to a regular html view.
    Yep, the steps described by Daniel are unclear; can anyone shed light on how to get the gmail in regular HTML view please?

I have never been able to access my Gmail using the PB, and now my primary work email is on Gmail. Poxy thing.
    07-03-11 09:07 AM
    all i see on the far left menu is the folders etc.
    07-03-11 09:16 AM
    Please scroll all the way to the bottom of that left pane and select 'basic HTML'.
    07-03-11 10:56 AM
    I had issues when I first bought the PB. They seem to resolved by logging into gmail and then logging back out, clearing out all the web history then logging back in again. It's worked fine since. The important thing to do is Hold the left pane and swipe and pull it down for a second like you would on the PB Facebook app to refresh the content. Hope this works

07-03-11 11:31 AM
    I was having issues - no new messages, then some other error. I had a complete backup from two weeks ago, so went into mounted volume, copied contents of documents to hard drive, used DM for complete restore, went back in after reboot, put documents back, then let app world re-update those apps that had changed, seems to be working fine again. I have learned through many scary experiences with BB and now PB that weekly complete backups (and if the restore works, a new backup) are essential to prevent that frustration that comes with the glitches inherent in such a volatile environment.
    07-07-11 12:47 PM
    ok guys, to make a screenshot on my pb and share it is difficult, will try one more time with text;

when you go to gmail.com you will get the mobile version of gmail, you will see the google logo on top left, then gmail, internet etc (when you have logged in ofcourse )
    on the left you will see button Menu, a button for search and write new message.
    On the right you will see your e-mail (last one)
    if you scroll down completely on the left menu you will see a button; More messages or send Feedback.
    next to feedback you will see View Gmail as (or something like that, i use the dutch version) and it shows mobile view. next to mobile view you will see standard view (or simple view). if you press that button you wil get the gmail you need!

good luck!

stacym75 likes this.
    07-07-11 02:13 PM
    Then you may already be seeing the basic HTML site. The mobile site has a button to go back to the folders

What is the address that the browser is using?

If its mail.google.com/mail/mu you're on the mobile site.
    If its mail.google.com/mail/h you're on the basic html site.

LOL, I just loaded up the Desktop version of the site and it gives you all of the extra stuff like calendar and docs but it is impossible to scroll anywhere without activating something. Definitely designed for a mouse and not touch.
    07-07-11 02:43 PM
    ok guys, to make a screenshot on my pb and share it is difficult, will try one more time with text;

when you go to gmail.com you will get the mobile version of gmail, you will see the google logo on top left, then gmail, internet etc (when you have logged in ofcourse )
    on the left you will see button Menu, a button for search and write new message.
    On the right you will see your e-mail (last one)
    if you scroll down completely on the left menu you will see a button; More messages or send Feedback.
    next to feedback you will see View Gmail as (or something like that, i use the dutch version) and it shows mobile view. next to mobile view you will see standard view (or simple view). if you press that button you wil get the gmail you need!

good luck!

Is it just me or has google remove the mobile and standard view option when browsing with the PB?
    08-16-11 11:33 AM
    I just logged on. Two things - I got some error intercept saying there was an error on the page. Next, I got a prompt to add a phone number as a security measure for account authorization. I skipped that and believe I was at the mobile site. I had to scroll all the way down the left side to hit DESKTOP. Got the standard view at that point.
    08-16-11 01:28 PM
    Google stuff works best in desktop mode in the browser. Google+ looks great on PB's browser.
    08-16-11 02:06 PM
    I agree Goo+ is awesome on the Playbook's browser!! As it should be
    08-16-11 02:14 PM
    Unfortunately the gmail mobile view doesn't work anymore on the Playbook. I can confirm that the gmail team is aware of this and currently investigating the issue.
    08-16-11 02:34 PM
    Update - near the very top of the page I kept seeing a message to the effect "you are not connected, retrying with a countdown timer." And it just kept restarting the countdown.

I also could not delete my spam.
    08-16-11 05:57 PM
    Personally my Gmail app SUCKS, no matter what I do it hasn't updated in MONTHS. I've cleared out everything I could & that worked once before but since that one time it doesn't work. I know that I can scroll down & select HTML view or whatever it's called but what's the point of having an APP if it doesn't work? It's just frustrating to me to basically have this pointless app on my Playbook. Another reason we need native email. If anyone has a proven way to fix this PLEASE let me know, it would be appreciated. Thanks.
    10-28-11 10:28 AM
    I was frustrated with Gmail too till I saw a tip on Youtube a few weeks back. I just Copy and paste shortcut in browser and make a bookmark on desktop. Now everytime I get the desktop version of Gmail everytime!! Check it out.

YouTube - PlayBook: Easy Gmail Desktop View Trick

The link is https://accounts.google.com/ServiceL...ile&from=login

JeffyPooh and RWD like this.
    10-28-11 11:17 AM
    Personally my Gmail app SUCKS, no matter what I do it hasn't updated in MONTHS. I've cleared out everything I could & that worked once before but since that one time it doesn't work. I know that I can scroll down & select HTML view or whatever it's called but what's the point of having an APP if it doesn't work? It's just frustrating to me to basically have this pointless app on my Playbook. Another reason we need native email. If anyone has a proven way to fix this PLEASE let me know, it would be appreciated. Thanks.
    its not a GMail app, just a link. But it links to the wrong format. Switch to BasicHTML, set a bookmark and the problem is solved. If you want to be stubborn and just want it to work with the current bookmark, then I can't help...
    10-28-11 11:31 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD