this has only happened recently. I've had my torch for around 4 weeks, but in the last week, when i receive a text it shows the email symbol (yellow envelope) instead of the text symbol (yellow text bubble).

if i have texts and emails waiting to be read they are all coupled into the emails quantity on the notification bar on the home screen, so it will say i have 3 emails if i have 2 texts and an email. but when i open it up, it does show the emails as emails and the texts with the text symbol. I'm not explaining this well, so ask any questions haha

I've tried restarting and taking out the battery etc and nothing is working HELP! x
    07-02-11 07:09 AM
    My texts have always showed up as an envelope, same as emails. However they are separate in the notifications. If I have both I will have 2 envelopes. I want the bubble! Maybe it has to do with the theme?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-11 07:53 AM
    No, it's not a theme but a setting. Open the main message folder or any email folder, go to 'Options' ----> 'Inbox Management' & uncheck 'Text Messages'.
    You should now get two different icons on your notification bar. Send yourself a text to test it out.

rawllw, ghostryder12 and Daaisyy like this.
    07-02-11 08:25 AM
    thankyou SO MUCH! i remember changing this setting actually... :P
    07-02-11 06:51 PM
    No problem. Glad to help & welcome to CB!!

07-02-11 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD