I sure hope so! I saw a rumor on cult of Mac.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-11 10:44 PM
    I hope so too!
    07-01-11 11:04 PM
    Seems like an obvious feature, but then, Apple has never been known for including the obvious until user uproar is too hard to ignore - and they can find a way to make something so simple as this 'insanely great' in some weirdly Jobs-approved manner.
    07-02-11 07:09 AM
    I never cared for the blinking LED light on my BB9000. I just found it too annoying, however, i understand that it will be included on the iPhone5. I just hope that there is an option to disable it.
    07-02-11 08:58 AM
    As a BB user in a large Firm and slowly converting to Apple at home and with devices, a blinking LED on any upcoming iPhone would push me about over immediately. The ability to just look down at the phone on your desk and either see it blinking or blinking in a different color without constantly picking up the device to check for new messages is golden. If they do include the notification LED I'm a fan of leaving the green LED coverage blinking turned off. Only blink with a new email/sms comes in or a appointment reminder pops up.
    07-02-11 09:03 AM
    Yes. And the ability to set the color for each notification. Text red, iMessage blue. Etc......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-11 01:34 PM
    From the Apple website, describing iOS5 features:

"Accessibility

iOS 5 comes with innovative new features that make it easier for people with mobility, hearing, vision, and cognitive disabilities to get the most from their iOS devices. iOS 5 works with specialized hardware accessories. The LED flash and custom vibration settings let you see and feel when someone’s calling. And improvements to VoiceOver include custom element labelling. These are just a few of the ways iOS 5 continues making advances in the field of accessibility."

From what I also remember reading on another tech site, it's just the camera LED flash that will blink, really only useful if you leave your iPhone face side down, more I suppose for hearing impaired people as described above
    Last edited by BernNutz; 07-02-11 at 03:42 PM.
    07-02-11 03:39 PM

"iOS 5 comes with innovative new features...the LED flash and custom vibration settings let you see and feel when someone�s calling
    Innovative? Really? The folks are commenting most about wishing for this feature on the iPhone are those who have already had this on other devices. For years. Could it be that Apple has forgotten what innovative means?
    07-02-11 06:26 PM

"Accessibility

iOS 5 comes with innovative new features that make it easier for people with mobility, hearing, vision, and cognitive disabilities to get the most from their iOS devices. iOS 5 works with specialized hardware accessories. The LED flash and custom vibration settings let you see and feel when someone�s calling. And improvements to VoiceOver include custom element labelling. These are just a few of the ways iOS 5 continues making advances in the field of accessibility."

From what I also remember reading on another tech site, it's just the camera LED flash that will blink, really only useful if you leave your iPhone face side down, more I suppose for hearing impaired people as described above
    That's because iOS5 will be available to use on current model iPhones too, and they don't have the physical LEDs built in. That will probably change with the new iPhone coming in August/September.
    07-02-11 06:34 PM
    Innovative? Really? The folks are commenting most about wishing for this feature on the iPhone are those who have already had this on other devices. For years. Could it be that Apple has forgotten what innovative means?
    Definitely agree with you there! Apple has one **** of a WTF marketing department
    07-03-11 12:58 AM
    That's because iOS5 will be available to use on current model iPhones too, and they don't have the physical LEDs built in. That will probably change with the new iPhone coming in August/September.
    You might be right on that (and I will stand corrected ), it's just that in regards to the OP, the only info I could find doing a search on Cult of Mac regarding this feature were in reference to iOS5 and not the (as yet unannounced) iPhone 5

Definitely seems like too intuitive a feature for Apple to implement however
    07-03-11 01:06 AM

"Accessibility

iOS 5 comes with innovative new features that make it easier for people with mobility, hearing, vision, and cognitive disabilities to get the most from their iOS devices. iOS 5 works with specialized hardware accessories. The LED flash and custom vibration settings let you see and feel when someone�s calling. And improvements to VoiceOver include custom element labelling. These are just a few of the ways iOS 5 continues making advances in the field of accessibility."

LOL ya gotta love or hate the way Jobs can spin something that others have been doing for years. What a tool.
    BernNutz likes this.
    07-03-11 01:14 AM
    LOL ya gotta love or hate the way Jobs can spin something that others have been doing for years. What a tool.
    Yes, but what a RICH tool!
    07-03-11 09:58 AM
    Yes, but what a RICH tool!
    LOL yeah, gotta give him that!
    07-03-11 10:08 AM
    LOL yeah, gotta give him that!
    Yeah, he has that, relying as he has on the PT Barnum School of Marketing -

"There's a sucker born every minute"
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-04-11 06:55 AM
    The P.T.Barnum school of marketing has only one drawback. It's called "free will". I've never heard of anyone being FORCED to buy an Apple product. Nobody held my family at gunpoint, and made me buy an iPhone. If people are lured into buying something, and find that they don't like it, then they can return it or sell it as they wish. Barnum was a master salesman, and i believe that Jobs is one too. If it makes the product better, more power to him!
    07-04-11 09:04 AM
    As a heads up in iOS5 there is a setting to turn the led notification off or on depending on your wants. So it is in the software.
    07-05-11 09:31 AM
    I can't wait until they release it!!! iOS4 is good, but once iOS5 comes out, it will be amazinggg!!
    Appleluver23 likes this.
    07-05-11 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD