hello, i have a 8900 curve here and the trackball seems totally dead, my friend who gave it to me says it sometimes comes active, however i cant get it to do anything. i see you can get them from ebay for a few quid. However how easy is to change? and is it likely to be just the ball or should i get some other parts as well.
    06-30-11 02:20 PM
    anyone? bump bump
    07-02-11 10:01 AM
    Search for trackball probs/fixes. There's some things you can do to clean it. And yes its a fairly simple replacement. Check youtube for a vid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-11 10:20 AM
    hello, i have a 8900 curve here and the trackball seems totally dead, my friend who gave it to me says it sometimes comes active, however i cant get it to do anything. i see you can get them from ebay for a few quid. However how easy is to change? and is it likely to be just the ball or should i get some other parts as well.
    I too had a severe trackball problem. Turn your
    BB off-fold a paper towel 3 or 4 times-spray the towel once with Windex, a commercial window cleaning fluid-while holding BB upside down, gently press on trackball to clean it-move towel in each direction-after doing this for 10 minutes, my trackball is alive again.

07-03-11 07:40 AM
    I clean mine all the time with rubbing alcohol on a cloth. Just work it back and forth in all directions, continually until it works smoothly.
    07-03-11 10:33 AM
    i have no movement at all with my ball. its totally gone. so my wonder is shall i get a new one, and if so just the tracker ball or other bits too?
    07-03-11 12:14 PM
    If you've tried the rubbing alcohol advise and if it's still not working, it's time to get a new trackball. If I remember correctly, it's a unit only nd u can get it replaced at any mobile repair store for a little extra.

07-05-11 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD