Hey everyone,

Just came accross this article: Rumor: RIM Realizes It Needs a Next-Gen BlackBerry Phone, Stat - Techland - TIME.com

Thats rims rumoured superphone that will be running QNX. The article does mention that the source says that the phone will have either a single core or double core processor, clocking in at 1.2ghz.

Apparently the source states that dual core is causing battery issues at the moment, and blackberry are known for their great battery life.

So!!... if rim do develop QNX for a single core processor at 1.2ghz, what phone do we know that has those specs? The bold touch of course! So if the development goes that way, do we think we may see QNX come to the bold touch?

I don't see why not. Same processor (possibly), dont know the other hardware specs, but the processor would be up for it. this device in talks has a 4.whatever inch screen, and isn't the torch, so is not a bold device. The bold is their flagship phone, so why would they leave the bold 9900 behind of if was fully capable of handling it??

Thoughts??
    06-29-11 08:57 PM
    I agree after I saw this a few days ago. unless there are major hardware changes (which there doesn't seem to be), to simply deny the 9900 qnx would be a galactic shaft to the loyals.
    06-29-11 09:14 PM
    I agree after I saw this a few days ago. unless there are major hardware changes (which there doesn't seem to be), to simply deny the 9900 qnx would be a galactic shaft to the loyals.
    exactio. It would just not be logical.

I have a bad feeling that RIM will end up releasing it with a dual core, but I'm hoping that this one will be single, for this sake.
    06-29-11 09:19 PM
    So many want QNX on their cell phone?

Not me. Let them do OS7 on these new phones that will be released in September!
    Let them work on QNX a long time before they put on their phones.

After the PlayBook, I could not believe that RIM would be THAT stupid!
    06-30-11 05:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD