Ok, I just bought a TMobile 9780. I can't see where the default Theme has a Today screen option, so I started looking at free themes online.

I found this one and it looks pretty cool:
    bb 9780 free themes
    I downloaded it but I can't seem to get my upcoming calendar appointments to come up! I've farted around with it for days now and I'm fed up. Can someone please help me? Is my calendar not set up correctly? Is the theme looking for the wrong calendar (I have 3 email addresses on this phone)?

I'm hoping the "Hidden Today" feature doesn't mean "I took the Today feature away permanently"...

I use the phone primarily for business. So "sexyness" and "cool" aren't very important to me... Functionality like the Today screen is VERY important so I can see what appointments I have coming up!! Is there another theme I should be using, or that someone can recommend for a business professional?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
    06-29-11 11:09 AM
    It's possible that your calendar icon has to be in a certain position in the dock to make the calendar appear when you scroll over it. Maybe try moving it to one of the middle positions (not first or last) and see if it activates the hidden today when you scroll over it.
    06-29-11 11:25 AM
    Just to add to what Michelle said, you will also need to have your Calender icon on the bottom row of the Home screen. As Michelle said, Calender may also need to be in a specific position on that row so try moving it about a bit and then hover over it.
    06-29-11 11:29 AM
    hmmm, nope, doesn't seem to do anything no matter where I put it...

Any other ideas? Are there any other easier to use themes out there?
    06-29-11 01:00 PM
    I'm sorry, I downloaded a similar one that looks like this one, but apparently is an older version. I think this one will work like you described above and is exactly what I want... but I can't find the OTA download link! Any ideas?

The ZIP download link just takes me to a spyware download thing that has about 10,000 pop ups and never actually downloads the f'n file...
    06-29-11 01:15 PM
    I'm sorry, I downloaded a similar one that looks like this one, but apparently is an older version. I think this one will work like you described above and is exactly what I want... but I can't find the OTA download link! Any ideas?

The ZIP download link just takes me to a spyware download thing that has about 10,000 pop ups and never actually downloads the f'n file...
    OTA update BlackBerry Bold 9780 Themes
    06-30-11 03:15 AM
    thank you!!

any idea why i still cant get the today appointments to come up?
    06-30-11 06:00 AM
    thank you!!

any idea why i still cant get the today appointments to come up?
    Not sure if it helps (and you probably already found this anyway) but the indicator for the 4 dots is #wifi_bullets

Anyone figured out how to invoke the hidden Today that appears to be embedded within the OS6 theme? I've tried to suss out the target through exported svgs (using the disable delete trick) but I haven't seen any homescreen.svg files created at all (even using FileMon to see what is written on export).

It appears to be accessible, I just can't figure it out.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f115/th...72/index4.html
    06-30-11 08:23 AM
    any ideas guys? I have a theme on there right now that has the today pop-up... but the rest of the theme sucks. I really like the theme in my original post. Hoping we can figure it out.

Thanks!
    07-05-11 02:11 PM
    Not sure if it helps (and you probably already found this anyway) but the indicator for the 4 dots is #wifi_bullets

Anyone figured out how to invoke the hidden Today that appears to be embedded within the OS6 theme? I've tried to suss out the target through exported svgs (using the disable delete trick) but I haven't seen any homescreen.svg files created at all (even using FileMon to see what is written on export).

It appears to be accessible, I just can't figure it out.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f115/th...72/index4.html
    Not sure why you would have quoted my post verbatim...especially when it has nothing to do with what the OP is asking.
    07-05-11 04:15 PM
    To address the OP's issue...make sure and check whether you have multiple calendar service books, and which calendar is the default service. All of this can be found in Options > Device > Advanced System Settings.

I believe only the default calendar's items will appear in any Today area.
    07-05-11 04:16 PM
    I suppose this happens due to the version of the theme you are using.
    It should be available to active that Hidden Today by clicking the key defined to it.

try download another version on another site or just contact the author. Alternatively just change another theme which also contains that function.
    07-06-11 01:59 AM
    To address the OP's issue...make sure and check whether you have multiple calendar service books, and which calendar is the default service. All of this can be found in Options > Device > Advanced System Settings.

I believe only the default calendar's items will appear in any Today area.
    Thanks for the reply. Where do I find which seervice is the default one? All I can find is the "Default Services" section under the Advanced System Settings and it only let's me set the default service for "Placement Of New Items". If that's the right spot, then yes, it is set correctly.

Any other ideas other than the theme doesn't work as advertised?
    07-06-11 10:33 AM
    Thanks for the reply. Where do I find which seervice is the default one? All I can find is the "Default Services" section under the Advanced System Settings and it only let's me set the default service for "Placement Of New Items". If that's the right spot, then yes, it is set correctly.

Any other ideas other than the theme doesn't work as advertised?
    Yup, that's the right place.

Now, if you have multiple calendars on your device I would recommend opening up Calendar, going to Options there, and checking how many appointments are in each separate calendar. If you want to get all of the appointments into only your default calendar, you can type the word "move" (no quotes) and all will be consolidated to your default. Nothing will show up when you're typing, but after you hit the last letter you'll get a popup confirming you want to move all appointments.

I do that on my device, only because I do not use more than one calendar (I delete all other CICAL service books, in fact) and I want things to sync properly with Outlook.

If your default calendar has all of your appointments in it already, then I would say we have successfully determined that the theme isn't working as advertised.
    07-06-11 11:18 AM
    I should have been a little more specific.

In Calendar Options, if you click on each calendar you will see how many entries are in each one.

Also, if you want to consolidate, you type "move" in the Calendar Options screen.

Hope that helps.
    07-06-11 11:19 AM
    I'm hoping the "Hidden Today" feature doesn't mean "I took the Today feature away permanently"...
    It does... this theme doesn't have a today feature, hidden or not
    07-06-11 11:48 AM
    ok, i actually deleted all my non-default service books and it still doesnt work. so im thinking the theme is F'd... i'll just go look for another one

thank you for all the help!!!
    07-07-11 08:25 AM
    Check my signature for a gaggle of potential alternate themes, one (or more) of which might suit your needs. (And yes, they'll work with the 9780 too).
    andyahs likes this.
    07-07-11 09:45 AM
    Check my signature for a gaggle of potential alternate themes, one (or more) of which might suit your needs. (And yes, they'll work with the 9780 too).
    Awesome! I just installed this one:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-f...os-6-a-580283/
    with the weather slot and hidden today screen.

How do I use the weather slot? Do I have to download a weather app and just put it as the top left icon? And what's up with the totally hidden icon at the very top? What do most people use that for?

Thanks!! Looks perfect so far!!
    07-08-11 07:05 AM
    oh yeah, and does anybody have any suggestions for the "LEAST INACCURATE" weather app? I just can't bring myself to say "most accurate" because those weather dumb-arses are wrong most of the time... I would at least like to try to use one that people find the best...

Thanks!
    07-08-11 07:20 AM
    Awesome! I just installed this one:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-f...os-6-a-580283/
    with the weather slot and hidden today screen.

How do I use the weather slot? Do I have to download a weather app and just put it as the top left icon? And what's up with the totally hidden icon at the very top? What do most people use that for?

Thanks!! Looks perfect so far!!
    Yes, you'll have to download a weather app. There are several freebies, like WeatherEye. I use BeWeather (very popular but NOT free...wait, they might have a free version that only shows one location). 'Sounds' to me like you may be from the UK...I think one of my users mentioned InstantWeather was good for him across the pond.

I include the off-screen app so that there's a place to 'park' the highlighted icon without cluttering up the homescreen. Some folks like it, others never use it. I've become ambivalent about it myself since I've made different themes...

Glad you found something that works for you...cheers!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-11 07:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD