Hey all,

I've searched and read numerous comments here and there about this issue so thought i'd create a thread so we can get together.

I downloaded the latest beta release of facebook 2.0.0.29 this morning. Everything works great except there are no audible notifications. If i look at my screen i can see a star next to the facebook icon but the audible notification never goes off.

A lot of people are currently experiencing this so if anyone finds a fix please post it. I've reported the bug to blackberry beta and taken all the necessary steps but have yet to hear back.

Thanks guys.
    06-29-11 02:30 AM
    Did you read the beta forums to see if this documented and or experienced by any others in the beta group?
    06-29-11 04:13 AM
    Hi MobileMadness - yes, it is on the beta forums and everyone is experiencing the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-11 04:18 AM
    I'm always hesitant to try new versions of Facebook for BB, even official versions.

I remember a version pushed out last year by RIM which would not allow you to delete Facebook messages from the phone, and those that would eventually delete would delete from the phone AND from the actual Facebook account. Was very embarassing to log into Facebook on my browser and find all those messages that I intended responding too all GONE
    06-29-11 04:41 AM
    I have reported uploading a photo freezes the phone. Thank god for socialscope

06-29-11 05:32 AM
    I think I have the same problem no audible sound.

06-29-11 05:35 AM
    Hi babychan,

I thought I'd test mine to see if i had the same issue you have when uploading a photo.. seems like mine is working ok.
    06-29-11 05:36 AM
    I think I have the same problem no audible sound.

Yeah, I think everyone that downloaded the latest beta version has the problem. I think its just something RIM has to fix on the back end.. lets just hope its done quickly
    06-29-11 05:37 AM
    Hi babychan,

I thought I'd test mine to see if i had the same issue you have when uploading a photo.. seems like mine is working ok.
    Really what BB are you on? I am on torch

06-29-11 05:52 AM
    I'm on the Bold 9700.....

06-29-11 05:57 AM
    I'm on the Bold 9700.....

Hmm maybe its a torch thing cause someone else I know with a torch has the same problem

06-29-11 05:58 AM
    Hmm maybe its a torch thing cause someone else I know with a torch has the same problem

Yeah, your probably right. A lot of bugs in this latest version.

06-29-11 06:00 AM
    I've been having problems with the audible sound and with my notifications not arriving. :/ Some arrive via email, some via email with the visible star on the Facebook app and sometimes I have to refresh the Notification tab on the app for the red star to pop up. What should I do? I don't want to receive the email, I only want the little red star back. Help!

Last edited by celinelasvegas; 06-29-11 at 09:13 AM.
    06-29-11 08:35 AM
    Seems fine for me on my torch.
    06-29-11 08:54 AM
    work fine with my 9780
    06-29-11 10:39 AM
    I am liking the new FB... one thing though that they seemed to take out is the ability to filter the news feed to "status updates" "photos" etc. Am i just not seeing it?
    06-29-11 12:58 PM
    Argh. I have 1 stuck notification, and I can't seem to get rid of it. Tried the notification bar, unread messages, etc...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    06-29-11 01:39 PM
    So you guys are getting audible sound coming through when the facebook notifications comes through?

06-29-11 01:56 PM
    I am not getting ANY sound for facebook notifications. Boo!

Wish I could go back to the old beta version now
    06-29-11 03:07 PM
    I am liking the new FB... one thing though that they seemed to take out is the ability to filter the news feed to "status updates" "photos" etc. Am i just not seeing it?
    Yup.. no more Status Updates.. I am having problems with my News Feeds not updating on my phone, yet they are there on the web version of my FB page.

I installed the new FB version (2.0) and since there was no "status update" option I deleted it and went back to an earlier version.

Anyone else having problems with the news feeds and it saying "No Feeds Available"???
    06-30-11 05:16 PM
    Yup.. no more Status Updates.. I am having problems with my News Feeds not updating on my phone, yet they are there on the web version of my FB page.

I installed the new FB version (2.0) and since there was no "status update" option I deleted it and went back to an earlier version.

Anyone else having problems with the news feeds and it saying "No Feeds Available"???
    Yep! I'm experiencing the same problem now! No news feeds. Come on RIM..we're waiting

06-30-11 05:19 PM
    Yep! I'm experiencing the same problem now! No news feeds. Come on RIM..we're waiting

same here, getting my feeds fine thru socialscope
    06-30-11 05:33 PM

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one.... only seems to be with the mobile version and not the desktop/computer version.
    06-30-11 05:33 PM
    well just started getting my news feeds again.. whew!
    06-30-11 05:44 PM
    Yeah, looks like mine just started working again too! Now they just gotta fix the audible notification problem in 2.0.0.29.

06-30-11 05:50 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD