Just wanted to tell all you weather buffs that like a full featured weather app. Ive been waiting a long time for Accuweather to step up to the plate with a real app and that they did. Its free and only has a tiny banner ad that you'll hardly notice. This app will give pay for apps like BerryWeather a run for its money. Accuweather runs great on my Storm2.

Its on Appworld Check it out if you haven't already found it
    06-28-11 08:27 AM
    Tried it, and like many free weather apps, its a hit and miss. Plus its a whopping 3mb in size.
    06-28-11 08:31 AM
    Never really noticed how much space its taken up on my Storm but Appworld shows it at 1.8megs in size not 3. However its their first version. I'm sure they will get it smaller. Accuweather is not new when it comes to weather data, they have top notice content and weather news, better than Weather Channel IMO.

Edit: You're right- It is 3megs after installation, but its a full featured weather app that does a lot. It not just the Current forecast and thats it.
    Last edited by TFancher; 06-28-11 at 08:57 AM.
    06-28-11 08:42 AM
    is anyone having issues getting accuweather to work over BIS? I can only get it to work over wifi. i've made sure all permissions are set correctly. i have resent service books also.
    07-16-11 02:41 PM
    There is no better full featured weather app than My-Cast. The newest version is beautiful. Radars are second to none, including lightning strike maps. Add to that the push notifications for severe weather alerts, and you have one robust weather app. Yes, it is $14.99, but berryweather is 9.99. And it doesn't have a third of the features My-Cast has. I know people love free, but I go with what works best. Check it out. There is a trial available.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    catberryday likes this.
    07-16-11 05:16 PM
    There is no better full featured weather app than My-Cast. The newest version is beautiful. Radars are second to none, including lightning strike maps. Add to that the push notifications for severe weather alerts, and you have one robust weather app. Yes, it is $14.99, but berryweather is 9.99. And it doesn't have a third of the features My-Cast has. I know people love free, but I go with what works best. Check it out. There is a trial available.

Couldn't agree more! I have it on my tablet and it really is outstanding. I have been using BW and really like it, because I never knew My Cast had a BB version. I will check it out. Thx!!
    07-16-11 05:44 PM
    What"s the source My-Cast uses to get the weather info.- NOAA, Yahoo, Weather Underground, AccuWeather ....?

TIA
    07-16-11 09:00 PM
    My-Cast has been around as a weather organization for years. They gather their own data, as well as using NOAA and NWS. They have had apps on all platforms for many years as well.

07-16-11 09:47 PM
    My-Cast has been around as a weather organization for years. They gather their own data, as well as using NOAA and NWS. They have had apps on all platforms for many years as well.

Do they use neighborhood weather stations like Weather Underground does to get current conditons?

TIA
    07-17-11 01:22 PM
    Not sure about that. But, my info is always correct. On their website, you can get forecast down to street level. Trust me, it's the best there is.

07-17-11 02:24 PM
    I love my-cast. Can't beat their email alerts either. I have been getting them pushed before my local NWS office sets off my weather radio!! I have to agree it is the best.
    07-18-11 02:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD