Carphonewarehouse lists August as release for 9900. Normally main carriers (Normally Vodafone will have it before CPW will), so we could have a July release? Heres hoping anyway

Pre-register for the BlackBerry Bold 9900 smartphone
    06-26-11 05:24 PM
    * expected date. Expected date subject to change without notice.
    06-26-11 06:00 PM
    Sure I read somewhere the other day that the UK release had been put back to September?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-11 06:26 PM
    Sure I read somewhere the other day that the UK release had been put back to September?

Lies. don't believe everything you read. August for CPW, July for vodafone. I can almost confirm that. Vodafone should release it July, but it will be after the 15th of July.
    06-26-11 06:48 PM
    Will the UK release dates be later than North American ones? So could we potentially have it even sooner in Canada?
    06-26-11 06:57 PM
    06-26-11 07:20 PM
    NO NO NO! Not August............go into CPW ask for launch date and they will check their system, date of release they have on their own system is September 4th......word!!!!!!
    06-26-11 07:26 PM
    NO NO NO! Not August............go into CPW ask for launch date and they will check their system, date of release they have on their own system is September 4th......word!!!!!!
    and I'm betting you didn't go in today.Dates can change. It obviously has moved up to august.
    06-26-11 08:02 PM
    Will the UK release dates be later than North American ones? So could we potentially have it even sooner in Canada?
    Not the way things look to be set. The way it looks, the UK will get it in July. It should launch on vodafone first, which will probably be the only carrier to have it in july. Vodafone will start selling it sometime after July 15th, and will be july unless something terrible happens that delays the release.

North american carriers look set to start getting it late august, so a month after the UK.

No idea when Canada will get it. Maybe same time as UK? Or same time as US if not is my guess.
    06-26-11 08:07 PM
    that's even better for us long waiting bb users...
    06-26-11 08:08 PM
    Just as long as it's here for when I'm an upgrade on October 2nd, I don't care!
    06-27-11 06:54 AM
    I was due for an upgrade in March!! long old wait lol

06-27-11 07:19 AM
    The 9900 doesn't have a dual-core processor.

I can't believe how these major phone retailers get away with blatantly incorrect information being approved and put on their website. When you think about it, if anyone should have their details straight, it's them.
    06-27-11 07:33 AM
    Typically I see North America getting RIM products before the UK - hopefully this still stands true it will be released in July in the states.

*crosses fingers*
    06-27-11 08:17 AM
    Typically I see North America getting RIM products before the UK - hopefully this still stands true it will be released in July in the states.

*crosses fingers*
    Heh. I'm hoping that the early signs are right and that it will launch on Voda UK first over here...
    06-27-11 08:33 AM
    @magician1 don't know which carphone warehouse you went to or what you said but I have been in today and played the I hear there is a new blackberry coming out but don't know much about it card, and the guy in the shop said the number straight away said he had no idea but will check and couldn't find anything on his system (and even went as far as a google search) only thing he said was he heard a rumour that three will be releasing it first (but will have to wait and see as 3 are the only uk company which have published a release month on there website whcih is where they could have got that idea)
    06-27-11 03:58 PM
    sorry but you cannot hold a lot of credence to what you have been told, these cpw guys have no knowledge at all, when i go in them they end up asking me for advice !! As usual it depends on who you get.
    06-28-11 07:12 AM
    I've just seen that mobilefun.co.uk now has it listed with a price but still no official date.

I also see they have a 15% reduction on the 9780.

But �514 sim free. Ouch! Although I guess it's not too much more than the Torch at its launch price.
    06-28-11 10:41 PM
    I've just seen that mobilefun.co.uk now has it listed with a price but still no official date.

I also see they have a 15% reduction on the 9780.

But �514 sim free. Ouch! Although I guess it's not too much more than the Torch at its launch price.
    On CB's front page theres an article claiming the sim free price is to be �399! (heres hoping) no way am I going to be paying �514 for it!
    06-29-11 08:13 AM
    That would be nice if it was �399 sim free. I would snap one up without hesitation. For �514 I will stick with my Torch. There is no way I am entering into a 2 year contract to get one at a subsidised price.
    06-29-11 01:39 PM
    price doesnt bother me. its only money lol
    06-29-11 02:21 PM
    price doesnt bother me. its only money lol
    lol, in that case I've got a Motorola V3 for sale for the bargain price of �514, interested?
    06-29-11 06:11 PM
    think I'll stick with the bb 9900 =p

06-30-11 05:44 AM
    Just spoke to my mate he's sitting with the RIM reps with the phone in his hand and they told him release date is October/November (worldwide release) don't know if they would lie to him but there you have it.

06-30-11 08:29 AM
    Thanks for the update Taliban, very sad news if it is indeed true (dons the black arm band)
    06-30-11 08:31 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD