so last night i updated my playbook to th latest version. it ran fine afterwards and all was fine. got up this morning to be greeted with the low battery alert warning. so i stick it on charge and leave it. when i returned to use it i find that i've lost all wifi and bluetooth connections!!! everything thing else works just not wifi or bluetooth and with out these the playbook is useless. decided to do a full wipe but that didnt work so took it back to get a replacement. no problem getting it swaped over so now have another new playbook after only 7 days of buying the first. has anybody had this problem before? dont want it to happen again

cheers
    06-26-11 04:40 PM
    wt do u mean no wifi and BT? they didnt work even after turning them back on?
    if the battery was low the device must have turned all the connection off
    06-26-11 05:53 PM
    I didnt even get that far - purchased one yesterday, turned it on and I had a line across the screen about 3/4 inch from the bottom - faulty panal it would seem.
    Off to swap for a new one later - have to admit I have bought shed loads of gadgets in my time and never had DOA before ... I hope its not a sign of things to come.

Buzz
    06-27-11 01:40 AM
    wt do u mean no wifi and BT? they didnt work even after turning them back on?
    if the battery was low the device must have turned all the connection off
    After taking it off of charge the wifi just wouldnt find any networks and BT just kept switching itself off. Left it for hours and still never connected to my network or bridge. Eventually did a security wipe as recommended by blackberry tech but after that the playbook was just stuck on the setup as it couldnt detect a wifi network to continue setup. Wouldnt detect the shops wifi to show em. But they didnt seem to bothered just handed me another one. Touch wood this will be fine. This is the first time I've had something go wrong in the first few days of owning it. Theres afew threads on google about the no wifi and BT problem.
    06-27-11 05:42 AM
    actually ur problem is quite rare maybe it's product defect.. glad u can return it without any problems
    06-27-11 07:13 AM
    actually ur problem is quite rare maybe it's product defect.. glad u can return it without any problems

Yeah I understand things goes wrong so not to fussed about it as it was generally broken. I'd have been more bothered if it was a intermitant thing that is hard to prove and lnowing my luck will always work when I'm trying to prove that it doesn't.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    06-27-11 12:00 PM
    Have not seen this as a common issue, sounds like you just caught a defective unit. You did the right thing and got it replaced.
    06-27-11 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD