I had a blackberry Curve, it worked fine. With the Tmobile pay as you go. It connected to wifi, was a simple BIS plan. Perfect

I got a blackberry bold 9700 of my friend.

I put in my sim card, it was invalid, I FINALLY UNLOCKED IT.

1) So my sim card works, but my wifi doesn't connect at all. Just a white dash no green tick.

2) I have no email set up option at all... it says I have to enter an enterprise password and so on.

3) Because I live in Belgium (for summer), and im relying on the wifi to work, the blackberry is almost useless.. the curve worked fine. Im wondering if I have to go to england for it to connect? How does the blackberry connect and everything.

this is driving me crazy
    06-26-11 06:24 AM
    Sounds like the bb was used on BES, I think a security wipe will rid the phone of that and then you can move on. The wipe will delete all data on it. If I'm wrong someone else will let you and I know.
    06-26-11 07:10 AM
    Sounds like the bb was used on BES, I think a security wipe will rid the phone of that and then you can move on. The wipe will delete all data on it. If I'm wrong someone else will let you and I know.
    How do i Wipe all the data on it? And completely restart it?
    Thanks
    06-26-11 07:14 AM
    If you have any info on it you want to keep you'll need to back it up first. To do a security wipe you need to hit the bb button (logo on it), options, security, security wipe. You will also have to change to your new pin with your carrier or on the bis site.
    06-26-11 07:18 AM
    If you have any info on it you want to keep you'll need to back it up first. To do a security wipe you need to hit the bb button (logo on it), options, security, security wipe. You will also have to change to your new pin with your carrier or on the bis site.
    What do you mean change to your new pin with your carrier or on the bis site?
    I have a BIS already.... The blackberry I think is the BES setup...

I am on T mobile pay as you go.... BIS
    06-26-11 07:23 AM
    The bis will have your curves pin so you'll have to change that your new pin. Has your friend released the pin from his carrier? I'm not sure about all of this or how it works with pay as you go. If your friend had bes you need to get rid of that from the bb. I've been searching for info but also doing remote control with my sister to help fix some of her computer problems.
    06-26-11 07:26 AM
    I completely did security wipe (with sim not inside blackberry) and reset everything. It still asked for enterprise server adminsitration password.
    06-26-11 07:37 AM
    The bis will have your curves pin so you'll have to change that your new pin. Has your friend released the pin from his carrier? I'm not sure about all of this or how it works with pay as you go. If your friend had bes you need to get rid of that from the bb. I've been searching for info but also doing remote control with my sister to help fix some of her computer problems.
    Its not working. I bought it off him, I dont really talk to him, I think he has released it I don t know. But this is bull ****.

Why isn't it connecting to wifi ( i know its connected ) but not receiving bbms or allowing me to set it up
    06-26-11 07:49 AM
    06-26-11 08:28 AM
    BBM will not work until your phones pin is on your carrier and the bis is working. BBM needs RIM's data to work. I don't think it works over wifi.
    06-26-11 08:30 AM
    I found this in another thread also. After you get the it policy off of it you will need to get the new pin your bis account.

From the thread.

Once you put the sim in the new phone, just go to the email settings on the
    phone. It'll prompt you for your username and password. Once logged in, it
    will prompt for the pin and device change.
    06-26-11 08:35 AM
    If you're in Belgium go to a Base store they offer pay as you go BIS that wil solve alot of your problems.
    I had a blackberry Curve, it worked fine. With the Tmobile pay as you go. It connected to wifi, was a simple BIS plan. Perfect

I got a blackberry bold 9700 of my friend.

I put in my sim card, it was invalid, I FINALLY UNLOCKED IT.

1) So my sim card works, but my wifi doesn't connect at all. Just a white dash no green tick.

2) I have no email set up option at all... it says I have to enter an enterprise password and so on.

3) Because I live in Belgium (for summer), and im relying on the wifi to work, the blackberry is almost useless.. the curve worked fine. Im wondering if I have to go to england for it to connect? How does the blackberry connect and everything.

this is driving me crazy
    06-26-11 08:39 AM
    I found this in another thread also. After you get the it policy off of it you will need to get the new pin your bis account.

From the thread.

Once you put the sim in the new phone, just go to the email settings on the
    phone. It'll prompt you for your username and password. Once logged in, it
    will prompt for the pin and device change.

Okay so what do you mean get a new pin?

The thing is my current sim card deal is a BIM!!! ITS NOT BEM! So why is my blackberry asking me for this!?

and what do you mean I need a new Pin?

Im so confused
    06-26-11 08:45 AM
    Each bb has it's own PIN when you change phones you need to get the new PIN on your BIS account otherwise it won't work with your account using the PIN from your old curve.
    06-26-11 08:52 AM
    If you're in Belgium go to a Base store they offer pay as you go BIS that wil solve alot of your problems.
    Would that be true also as he said his curve worked fine. I don't know if means on wifi or on his bis account.
    06-26-11 08:55 AM
    Each bb has it's own PIN when you change phones you need to get the new PIN on your BIS account otherwise it won't work with your account using the PIN from your old curve.
    Ohh yeah.. So my sim card is registered to my old phone? I thought if u just took out the sim card and put it in the new phone it will work?? So it needs to register?

Okay and what about my emails.. i still need to unlock it and get rid of the administration block
    06-26-11 08:56 AM
    Did you try the link about removing the IT policy? You said it is all ready unlocked.
    06-26-11 08:57 AM
    If he takes prepaid BIS he doesn't need wifi and in Belgium the provider never locks your pin when you take the sim out the BB pin is released.
    And when he's back in England he can call Tmo for help.
    06-26-11 08:59 AM
    Did you try the link about removing the IT policy? You said it is all ready unlocked.
    I am currently doing the "remove I.T policy from blackberry" link that you told me... Just updating my blackberry now.

Okay you guys have to understand that I am going to be in Belgium for a while and then travelling, I was relying on WIFI to get my emails and so on. For this I need to be connected to the internet services.

Can we just clarify that you are 100% sure that I need to give T-Mobile my new Pin to activate the services? I thought if you just put in a new sim it will recognize it and activate

My blackberry is unlocked. I am planning on getting rid of my curve, and using the bold. But keeping the same sim card.
    06-26-11 09:04 AM
    If he takes prepaid BIS he doesn't need wifi and in Belgium the provider never locks your pin when you take the sim out the BB pin is released.
    And when he's back in England he can call Tmo for help.
    Do i need to call Tmobile up and transfer my pin to the new blackberry?
    06-26-11 09:04 AM
    I'm not sure about all the different country stuff. I'm sure DaRii_O knows more than I. I was going under the assumption that your curve worked as you wanted so the bold will also once you get the BES/IT policy off of it. My understanding is that email will not work without BIS but I could be wrong.
    06-26-11 09:07 AM
    I'm not sure about all the different country stuff. I'm sure DaRii_O knows more than I. I was going under the assumption that your curve worked as you wanted so the bold will also once you get the BES/IT policy off of it. My understanding is that email will not work without BIS but I could be wrong.

But I have BIS!?
    06-26-11 09:15 AM
    That is what you said in the first post. "But I have a simple BIS."
    06-26-11 09:19 AM
    That is what you said in the first post. "But I have a simple BIS."
    I followed the instructions on that post and it doenst work.

I do have a BIS? not a bes.....
    06-26-11 09:27 AM
    I have no idea what bb plan you have. What plan is/was on your curve? Your bill should tell you. If you've never had a company issued or had your curve connected to your company email you should not have BES.
    06-26-11 09:30 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD