Hello,

I have been searching some forums to see if i can find information on this problem and i swear i saw something a couple of weeks back and now i find no mention of it.
    Prior to upgrading to 4.2.1.107, when i was out of coverage area ( phone was searching for any carrier ) my SMS and MMS messages would sit in a pending status until my handheld was covered by service again and then the message would send. Sence upgrading to this new OS, these messages no longer do this. They now almost instantly have a large red X . When look at the message it says "protocol error". I am able to reopen the message once i have service and select resend but this has become extremely annoying because of T-Mo's " hit or miss " coverage in my area.
    I called T-MO to see if they were aware of this issue or if they currently had a problem ticket open with RIM regarding this and the rep i spoke with was unable to find mention of the issue. That being said i dont imagine they would say " yeah our extremely popular messaging device now sucks at sending messages "
    I am very good with troubleshooting my own problems as i am a software developer and believe i have done justice on trying to resolve the issue to no avail.
    Any help / ideas
    10-09-07 06:40 PM
    I'm searching for a solution too.

It's absolutely amazing that RIM would release an update with such a glaring flaw.

Not only do text messages fail, they fail without any audio warning. I have to watch my phone and wait after every text message I send, because if I forget to watch, I'll find out that the message never sent.

Even the absolute cheapest phones I've owned did not require such coddling. This really lowers the value of my Blackberry Pearl.
    10-13-07 08:11 PM
    i had the same issue.
    all i did was went to options, advanced options,host routing table, select one of it and click register now.
    then you get a message in your inbox saying you're register.
    then i took the battery out of my phone for 10-15 seconds and put it back in and it worked fine.
    hope it helps.
    10-17-07 01:24 PM
    i had the same issue.
    all i did was went to options, advanced options,host routing table, select one of it and click register now.
    then i took the battery out of my phone for 10-15 seconds and put it back in and it worked fine.
    hope it helps.
    This worked for me, just registered to the one that was bold, and took batt out and replaced. Thanks for the help! :}
    11-10-07 03:37 PM
    i had the same issue.
    hope it helps.
    Tried it. Didn't work for me.
    12-26-08 12:06 AM
    I have a whole list of them. Does it matter which one I choose?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-08 09:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD