Anyone know what the new update is for. It's only 2MB. Just downloaded and installed. Didn't see any difference. Thanks for help.
    06-24-11 08:36 AM
    That's what happens if you delete any of the pre-installed apps (gmail, yahoo mail, etc...)

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-24-11 08:38 AM
    Aaaaaaaaaahhhhh!

Lol, sorry, couldn't contain myself, this question has been posted about 50 times.

If you delete a standard app, shortcut, etc, it will be automatically
    re-installed as an update, thus the small update.

Cheers!
    06-24-11 08:39 AM
    Thanks, First time for everything. Why can't we remove the apps we don't want? Has someone figured out how without the returning app update. Please pm me.
    06-24-11 08:46 AM
    Thanks, First time for everything. Why can't we remove the apps we don't want? Has someone figured out how without the returning app update. Please pm me.
    No one has figured it out yet, right now RIM is treating the shortcuts as a core app which they didn't before. If you want them gone delete them then do NOT press the software update until you read on crackberry an update has been released (how's that for advertising for crackberry)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    pkcable and leemiltz like this.
    06-24-11 09:31 AM
    Might was well answer publicly - NO, the darn apps will come back until rim gives us a way to either delete or, at least, hide them.
    06-24-11 09:50 AM
    I thought this was gonna be a sick joke... I guess not... Thread count #523?
    06-24-11 09:51 AM
    No one has figured it out yet, right now RIM is treating the shortcuts as a core app which they didn't before. If you want them gone delete them then do press the software update until you read on crackberry an update has been released (how's that for advertising for crackberry)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I have.
    Say you delete like Browser or App-world what do you do?
    Check for updates...
    If you delete something you want you just update, it's there to help you.
    Tcarb likes this.
    06-24-11 10:07 AM
    According to copyrights law, when you purchase a device preloaded with some apps, you are not allowed to delete any of the apps.
    06-24-11 10:25 AM
    According to copyrights law, when you purchase a device preloaded with some apps, you are not allowed to delete any of the apps.
    Ignore this... it's a pile of bunk.
    06-24-11 12:22 PM
    you guys are all wrong. I got that update too, and it solidifies the water barrier around the bezel that you were all wondering what its for, so yes, your PB is now officially waterproof..
    CommanderElvis likes this.
    06-24-11 02:10 PM
    Ummm... and where did you go to law school?

There are just too many things to point out that are incorrect about this statement.

Edit: I think the reason why these apps are reinstalled may be related to the fact that these apps are updated through the OS updates. I never updated word to go yet its been substantially improved through the OS updates.
    Last edited by esqlaw; 06-24-11 at 02:21 PM.
    shupor likes this.
    06-24-11 02:18 PM
    Reminds me of a song......

06-24-11 02:29 PM
    Maybe the various purveyors paid rim to include the apps - kind of the rim version of Product Placement (as done on tv). I know MS (Bing) paid Verizon a large fortune to make Bing the default search engine on their phones including my Bold. You cannot even set it up so that google is a choice (you can create a bookmark or get an app).
    06-24-11 04:06 PM
    thanks for fixing my post PK, I was typing way too fast when i was out.
    06-24-11 05:49 PM
    Hahaha!! That's a very silly premise.
    06-25-11 07:54 AM
    �According to copyrights law, when you purchase a device preloaded with some apps, you are not allowed to delete any of the apps.�

�you guys are all wrong. I got that update too, and it solidifies the water barrier around the bezel that you were all wondering what its for, so yes, your PB is now officially waterproof..�

Lol. Two silly replies, and the first was just so outrageous that I will give it the benefit of the doubt and take it that it was meant to be funny like the second.
    06-25-11 08:23 AM
    Good lord.

06-25-11 10:01 AM
    i didn't delete any core apps but suddenly have an 8mb update. Its obviously trying to fix something i did

..... will this work on my 9950?
    06-25-11 12:41 PM
    Is there a good reason that this is still one of the most viewed threads? Can the mods please close this thread already? There are multiple threads of the same question that have already been answered out there...
    06-25-11 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD