I recently started noticing a notification icon I haven't seen before. I'm running 6.0.0.524 on Verizon. I've seen this icon on my 9650 using a couple different themes, so I think it's theme independent. It's the yellow wi-fi like icon above the red arrow.

I've tried to check all of my apps for updates.....I did update a few, but the notification icon is still there.......but then, suddenly, it will disappear! I'm not sure why it disappears....thought it might be related to wi-fi.............but I haven't seen consistent behavior to relate it to wi-fi.

Any ideas?
    06-24-11 07:56 AM
    It looks like it's WiFi, not sure why it has the number 1 next to it though

Icon Guide - BlackBerry Smartphones - 6.0
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 06-24-11 at 08:02 AM.
    06-24-11 07:59 AM
    I get that symbol on my phone when my phone has WiFi on and a Hotspot connection is detected. The 1 is the number of Hotspots detected.
    pcgizmo#IM likes this.
    06-24-11 08:17 AM
    I looked around and perhaps the following will help:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/wh...n-icon-549879/

In there, anecdotal evidence suggest the possibility of the following:

1) Your berry might be near an AT&T hotspot
    2) Your berry may have a configuration setting that notifies you when you are near a remembered/saved wifi hotspot.

Perhaps?
    06-24-11 08:28 AM
    Thanks for the link. I had searched yesterday for an answer, but hadn't searched for "yellow" notification icon.

Anyway, I followed the link, and what I read made sense that it is a wi-fi hotspot notification icon......so I checked my wi-fi settings under options and found that the item "Prompt me when a saved hotspot is found nearby" was NOT checked.

Maybe it's simply the AT&T free wifi hotspot.....I'll ask a vendor if I'm near one when I see it again.......tho I'm not sure that's it, because I've seen it when I'm at home. I have a Netgear wireless router (requires login) and live in a residential development...no commercial businesses within wifi range.

Not a big deal, but I'd just like to know what it is!
    06-24-11 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD