Can't stand what Verizon has become.

Large bills late on good phones. Very late and now tiered plans..

F that.

Hows tmoble or sprint I'm out.
    06-22-11 09:50 AM
    For one, this should prob be in the carriers section. You also should put where you are at. Another helpful thing to include is exactly what you are looking for. Details will help you get better answers.

I just switched to VZW from sprint. It's worth the higher bill to get the better coverage and actually be able to use my phone where I live. But that's just my opinion based on where I live and the coverage here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-11 10:47 AM
    /agree.. coverage is key, doesn't do you any good to be paying next to nothing if you can't depend on your phone when you really need it. Sprint is/was good value but pricing out what you ACTUALLY need (not necessarily unl everything) you can find comparable value WITH coverage that actually allows you to use your phone when you need it.

I'm running into that issue now with sprint. I HAD good coverage, however, now it's gone to crap, so I can get a plan with almost any of the other carriers around the same cost (with less min) but based on what I actually use, what good is 1500 min if A) I don't need them or B) I can't use them cause no signal
    06-22-11 10:58 AM
    if you are a current subscriber then you can keep your plan anyway. I have unlimited LTE for another 1.5 years. Then i might have to change my contract. You can always buy phones off contract too. Then you keep your current plan. I see it as a non issue for now if you have a current unlimited plan
    06-22-11 11:06 AM
    They have the best coverage in the United Staes, the large bills are justified. Like howarmat already said, if you have a VZW account already, your data plan is grandfathered in.

Verizon's tiered data plans won't affect grandfathered customers after all? -- Engadget
    06-22-11 11:30 AM
    I switched to VZW from Tmobile because of coverage issues. I wouldn't switch to them unless you like att.

From what I've heard, existing customers will be able to keep unlimited, even if they upgrade. At least, that's what I gather from the tech blogs. But I am waiting for an official statement.

Sent from my VZW Thunderbolt.
    06-22-11 11:55 AM
    Well thanks guys i didn't know that.

Yeah the reason I've stayed so very long is the awesome coverage. I'm on the road now and had just heard data news.

My contract ends July 7th. That Sensation sure looks good, whens the bionic coming??
    06-22-11 12:46 PM
    I switched to VZW from Tmobile because of coverage issues. I wouldn't switch to them unless you like att.

From what I've heard, existing customers will be able to keep unlimited, even if they upgrade. At least, that's what I gather from the tech blogs. But I am waiting for an official statement.

Sent from my VZW Thunderbolt.
    I echo these sentiments. Also, I've been told by 3 separate t-mobile reps that we will be grandfathered to the plans we're currently on when at&t takes over.

As everyone has said, coverage is crucial. I get great coverage in the KC metro area except for just a couple random dead zones I've found (one is in one of my favorite pubs, & luckily they have wifi!). However, once out of the metro area, coverage drops considerably. I went to a wedding in central Kansas a few weeks ago, & t-mo coverage was pretty much non-existant. And, a city just an hour south of where I was had just been upgraded to the fastest HSPA+ available. Weird.

I'm not dreading the at&t takeover as much as I once was. As long as I can keep my plan (500 minutes, unlimited text, 5gb data for $59.99) AND my coverage will increase...can't really beat that. We'll see about customer service, I guess.
    06-22-11 12:55 PM
    Stick to the coverage man. Coverage is more important than a device. Especially when the same device will come out with LTE most likely. If not, there is the SGS 2 which is definitely going to come to VZW, and it is better than the Sensation.

If you need great coverage, T-Mobile is NOT the right choice. You are better off with AT&T or Sprint. This does depend on where you live though. From a national view, T-Mobile has less coverage than them all.
    06-22-11 12:56 PM
    I love Sprint where I am. I have 4 phones, all with unlimited Data, mobile-to-mobile, etc, and I pay 170 a month for all three. That is with 2 new Android phones.
    06-22-11 01:13 PM
    I've been with Tmobile for years. I tried Verizon for a year when the Droid came out and I haven't experienced a difference between them regarding coverage. Honestly, if you live in an area with great Tmobile coverage and barely ever travel, it would make sense to go with Tmobile since they're cheaper. I've been getting 4g everywhere I go which sort of surprised me. I only travel out of state like once during the year (summer) and still coverage has never Ben an issue for me. So I assume the coverage expansion they've been bragging about is true.

Anyway, I have the Sensation and it is hands down the best phone I've ever had. Battery life is surprisingly good as well.

Unlimited data plans don't mean much to me since I never even go above 1GB per month and I use the data connection a lot. Besides, even if you sign up for unlimited data before the new plans roll out, Verizon will still find a way to get you into their new plans. Just gotta face the fact that unlimited data plans will be going extinct. It'll suck for ppl that tether buy for average users like myself it won't make a difference.
    06-22-11 02:03 PM
    Yeah the SGS 2 is one very sick device. Question is will it come with LTE ? And when will we see it arrive? Hmm
    Last edited by nate8u; 06-22-11 at 04:26 PM.
    06-22-11 03:19 PM
    I kinda doubt the sgs2 will have lte...
    06-22-11 04:50 PM
    I had t mobile and switched to vzw. I did so for the incredible (i have the thunderbolt now) and I haven't looked back. Coverage was fine on t mobile and has been fine on vzw too. Go to the network with the best coverage and cheapest plans that work for you. Good luck.
    06-22-11 09:30 PM
    If you get good coverage with TMobile and don't travel a bunch, makes sense to go with them.

However with the Merger maybe going through, maybe not with ATT, then IMO I would hold off. I hated ATT when I had them. Actually had them before TMobile and reason I switched was ATT, lol!

Just my experience anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-11 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD