Hi Everybody,

This is the official thread for any questions you may have about BBSmart Shortcuts.

Using BBSmart Shortcuts you can create shortcuts to native applications, third-party applications, websites, and common tasks like emailing, calling, and SMS'ing contacts. When set to run from a convenience key press on your BlackBerry, BBSmart Shortcuts will open the door to a whole new way of using your BlackBerry! So what does it look like? Here's a couple of sample screenshots:

If you haven't tried it before, please do try out the free trial which you can download from here on CrackBerry. You may also want to take a look at the recent review of BBSmart Shortcuts by Ryan Blundell here on CrackBerry.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts, feedback, and any questions you have.

Thanks!
    08-17-08 07:47 AM
    is every application installed on the home screen available as a shortcut for the top horizontal scrolling bar?
    08-30-08 12:18 PM
    is every application installed on the home screen available as a shortcut for the top horizontal scrolling bar?
    It doesn't look like it, but it's an amazing program. Highly recommended.
    08-30-08 07:15 PM
    Well I use Launchpads which allows only 10 programs (doesn't show icons for the programs either) and only certain programs work too. What programs does it allow you to add to it and is there a limit to how many apps you can add?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-08 09:23 PM
    Well I use Launchpads which allows only 10 programs (doesn't show icons for the programs either) and only certain programs work too. What programs does it allow you to add to it and is there a limit to how many apps you can add?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Neil should really answer this one, but so you get feedback until he sees this thread...

The list of programs you can add is very long. I don't see Memory Cleaner. I also see just about every 3rd party application I have installed. The only exception is programs that are accessed thru "option" menus, such as Empower's email reader. If there's a particular program you want me to look for just let me know.

I don't know what the limit is (if there is one). I only use 8 since I want to see them all and more than that would result in the application icons scrolling on the "toolbar" (of applications at the top). There were many more setup when I first installed the program though. I deleted those that are either always on my home screen or I know homescreen shortcuts for (since the whole point is to get to programs fast).

You can't fault a developer for coming up with a needed solution, and I think LaunchPads was first to market (it sure looks like it was around ages ago), but I really wish I had searched before buying LaunchPads.
    Last edited by sheldonbk; 09-03-08 at 06:21 AM.
    09-03-08 06:19 AM
    None of my phone shortcuts dial. When I click on them all I can get to happen, is the option "close" which closes the program. Day 5 of the trail period, it's not going to make it if I can't get it to work.
    10-05-08 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD