for the PB??
    thanks
    06-18-11 01:15 PM
    There is one called Skit, one called IdeaPad and another called Scroodle, which is more like a chalk board or white board.. None of them are perfect and all are good for certain use cases. I have all three and haven't decided which one I like best.

Wishing someone would come up with something closer to Notes Plus for iPad.. That would rock!

On a side note, have you found a stylus you like? The one I have is a Targus, I think, and it has a squishy rubber tip on the end. The problem I have with it is that you really have to press down hard on the screen to get it to register your strokes. Have you found one that you like?
    06-18-11 01:30 PM
    I have Skit and use it once in a while. It works ok, but I can't really compare to anything else. I also don't have a stylus. Anyone have any suggestions?
    06-18-11 08:02 PM
    i too have skit, would love someone to come up with something better, sylus is in the post. watching this thread with interest.
    06-18-11 09:35 PM
    I agree! For me, a business class stylus note taking app would be the killer app. Can't wait for something decent to come out. No more paper notebooks in meetings with clients.
    06-18-11 11:12 PM
    There is one called Skit, one called IdeaPad and another called Scroodle, which is more like a chalk board or white board.. None of them are perfect and all are good for certain use cases. I have all three and haven't decided which one I like best.

Wishing someone would come up with something closer to Notes Plus for iPad.. That would rock!

On a side note, have you found a stylus you like? The one I have is a Targus, I think, and it has a squishy rubber tip on the end. The problem I have with it is that you really have to press down hard on the screen to get it to register your strokes. Have you found one that you like?
    actually, that would have been my 2nd question.....

the last stylus i used was with my sony erickson p800 (that was a revulotionary phone back then) so i really dont have much knowledge about the recent ones or 3rd party ones..

thanks for your explanation...out of the 3, which one is the most professional you would say??

there are 2 programs for notes: notes for blackberry playbook and Notes..have you tried either? notes has a good function which is you can export it to word document...however i dont think its for writing but it is for using the KB..
    06-19-11 12:22 AM
    actually, that would have been my 2nd question.....

the last stylus i used was with my sony erickson p800 (that was a revulotionary phone back then) so i really dont have much knowledge about the recent ones or 3rd party ones..

thanks for your explanation...out of the 3, which one is the most professional you would say??

there are 2 programs for notes: notes for blackberry playbook and Notes..have you tried either? notes has a good function which is you can export it to word document...however i dont think its for writing but it is for using the KB..
    mainly, my purpose is to use them for taking notes in meetings...skit says you can export the notes to pdf which is a nifty idea

scroodle is free so its ok to try...

speaking of targus, i got the targus zierra leather case which is a fantastic case for business use, in my opinion that is..it looks classy..nicely built..has pockets for business cards..and has a sreen wipe included! im really loving it..i found a you tube demo of it if you search and want to see it...also you can use it as a stand...perfect companion to meetings really..

ideapad and skit?? which one is better? which stylus?
    06-19-11 12:29 AM
    You need to press hard so that the rubber tip squishes out a bit and creates a large enough contact patch to be registered.

The PB's touch panel won't register small points like a pen tip. If you're wanting a HTC Flyer like input, you're going to be out of luck as the HTC uses a special screen for their active digitizer pen.

Big oversight by RIM, IMO. Big one.
    06-19-11 01:04 AM
    You need to press hard so that the rubber tip squishes out a bit and creates a large enough contact patch to be registered.

The PB's touch panel won't register small points like a pen tip. If you're wanting a HTC Flyer like input, you're going to be out of luck as the HTC uses a special screen for their active digitizer pen.

Big oversight by RIM, IMO. Big one.
    can someone confirm this? it would really be problematic for people who would like to use the stylus in a normal way without having to press...
    06-19-11 03:20 AM
    sorry..

this is the app for skit thread..

http://forums.crackberry.com/f243/sk...ng-app-614510/
    06-19-11 04:10 AM
    just bought skit..

hopefully as promised by their developers, they will make it a bit less laggy..it looks good overall though..i dont need to press hard to write although i was using my finger and not a stylus..
    many have given a good rating for kensington stylus but when i tried to order it on amazon the only option for shipping it gave me was the fastest one (2-7 days)...the total was coming to USD 85 for one stylus.. the stylus is prices at USD 17...i said no thanks..

i will try to find something locally...

hopefully it will save me from some headache in meetings...i used the KB in meeting to take notes and if you are a fast typist it will be ok...the advantage you can export it to word so no need to edit much later if you are writing a report..

there is however an app on apple i heard where the hand written text can be converted to PC text and thats something interesting..it will come in time i guess..
    06-19-11 04:50 AM
    can someone confirm this? it would really be problematic for people who would like to use the stylus in a normal way without having to press...
    yup, u need a ntrig screen in ordervfor the htc stylus to work, i tested it ... not working
    06-19-11 05:30 AM
    I think it is not possible to have a handwriting app as responsive as ipad. On ipad I can get tons of wonderful handwriting apps because Ipad hardware is much more responsive and smooth while drawing. I don't have such or even close experience on PB. You can use any drawing app to prove that.
    06-19-11 06:53 AM
    I think it is not possible to have a handwriting app as responsive as ipad. On ipad I can get tons of wonderful handwriting apps because Ipad hardware is much more responsive and smooth while drawing. I don't have such or even close experience on PB. You can use any drawing app to prove that.
    I'm guessing that might have to do with the fact that all of these apps so far are likely developed with Adobe Flex, since the Tablet OS NDK isn't out yet. Maybe we will see more responsive apps when the NDK is available for developers. There is certainly nothing about the iPad hardware that should make it inherently more responsive than the PB hardware..
    06-19-11 07:01 AM
    I'm guessing that might have to do with the fact that all of these apps so far are likely developed with Adobe Flex, since the Tablet OS NDK isn't out yet. Maybe we will see more responsive apps when the NDK is available for developers. There is certainly nothing about the iPad hardware that should make it inherently more responsive than the PB hardware..
    I agree, there shouldn't be any significant input response due to hardware compared to other tablets, so it most likely be a matter of sdk/api availability.

Regarding stylus, here's a site with really cheap options stylus - DealExtreme . I bought my playbook case in there at 9 bucks (look for 7" leather cases)

BTW on note taking apps, did anyone spotted anything like palm grafitti input? (it was amazingly effective for me to capture notes and don't rely on handwriting recognition or so)
    Regards, Wolf
    06-19-11 07:38 AM
    Ok, I accept what you said.
    Waiting for RIM then waiting for 3rd party developer love is the only solution to all the problems we have on PB.
    I am not surprised that PB Facebook client only has 56K active users for the past month.
    06-19-11 08:55 AM
    Well... I'd love for skit to develop into an app that can sit on par with Notes Plus for iPad
    08-30-11 12:38 PM
    I agree, there shouldn't be any significant input response due to hardware compared to other tablets, so it most likely be a matter of sdk/api availability.

Regarding stylus, here's a site with really cheap options stylus - DealExtreme . I bought my playbook case in there at 9 bucks (look for 7" leather cases)

BTW on note taking apps, did anyone spotted anything like palm grafitti input? (it was amazingly effective for me to capture notes and don't rely on handwriting recognition or so)
    Regards, Wolf
    I am also looking for something similar to Palm Grafitti - I could use Grafitti faster than I could type on a full sized keyboard - never had an app that came close to that one! If anyone knows of anything please post the info.
    tubbycyclist and polytope like this.
    12-29-11 04:13 AM
    Well... I'd love for skit to develop into an app that can sit on par with Notes Plus for iPad
    either notes plus or circus ponies' notebook
    12-29-11 06:13 AM
    The free android app Handrite (converted and certified working on beta OS 2.0.0.4869) plus the Dagi stylus (model P501) works great
    12-29-11 09:02 AM
    The free android app Handrite (converted and certified working on beta OS 2.0.0.4869) plus the Dagi stylus (model P501) works great
    Been trying handrite - it's pretty good...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-11 09:20 AM
    Can someone please post a link to the .bar for handrite? Been trying to track this down for a while.

I also use a dagi stylus. Fantastic.
    12-29-11 09:40 AM
    Someone posted it somewhere under here: http://forums.crackberry.com/android...eloading-f258/

Enjoy! Post your feedbacks regarding the Dagi and the app
    12-29-11 10:04 AM
    Can someone please post a link to the .bar for handrite? Been trying to track this down for a while.

I also use a dagi stylus. Fantastic.
    Post #4 in this thread...

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...-2-0-a-680324/
    12-29-11 10:09 AM
    I've been watching the app store for months now without seeing anything comparable to something like Handwrite Free. Anyone know of an app in the pipeline or one I've missed?
    04-10-12 08:50 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD