With all the negative talk today with RIM, I thought I would change the subject a bit!! I am just curious, any iphone or android users coming back to BB once the Bold Touch comes out? This doesn't need to turn into a bashing of any platform!
    06-17-11 05:40 PM
    Well, if someone's coming back, s/he's coming back begrudgingly, with a hair or two across his or her a$$. Why? Because the prodigal returnee KNOWS that BlackBerry is superior in almost every way; it's just not best in the stupidest things ... like watching "Avatar" on the mobile device and dumba$$ games.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-11 06:09 PM
    No. Sadly i don't a future for RIM. I can't sell my PB or 9780 here because the value drops 80% after you buy them. So, they'll get donated to a charity and I'll buy a iPad and already got a new iPhone.
    06-17-11 06:22 PM
    Rim has failed me too many times. I'm leaving again at least until qnx is out and is at least a year old.
    06-17-11 06:33 PM
    I never left. I just put the Atrix back in its box and put that in the kitchen drawer.
    06-17-11 07:28 PM
    I never left. I just put the Atrix back in its box and put that in the kitchen drawer.
    Are you planning to sell it? It is a great phone.
    06-18-11 09:27 AM
    I have a 9780, iPhone 4 jailbroken of course and a rooted HTC Inspire 4G. The only one I rely on everyday is the 9790. I do occasionally use the iPhone or Inspire at home with my wifi but that's it. My 9780 goes everywhere with me. The other two are really of no use or value to me.
    06-18-11 09:55 AM
    Yes, definately thinking of coming back for the 9930. But, very glad I switched to android a year ago and got to experience what it has to offer. I still haven't found an email app I like better or even the same as BB. I miss the BBM, but all my friends have switched to android also so that makes no difference anymore.
    I had the 8900 and cussed the browser constantly (slow and buggy). The android browser is stellar, when you flip the phone sideways (otherwise when vertical it's still the same size as BB).
    Overall, the reason for coming back to BB would be for email, which can never be beaten imo, and for battery life. Get through the work day most times but always have to remember to plug in before going our for the evening. If the battery can hold up and the browser is sufficient on the 9930, then I will probably be back. These dual-core androids are great, but don't mean jack to a normal non-gaming blue collar guy like myself.
    06-18-11 09:57 AM
    Have you used the Atrix? I had one for about two weeks and absolutely hated it. I also know several other forum members on here that have them and hate them. The Atrix is not getting proper software updates and then you have AT&T capping the HSPA speed of a so called 4G device on a network that is clearly not ready to support 4G, and I mean true 4G.

I'm sure you can find an Atrix in The Marketplace or eBay.

Are you planning to sell it? It is a great phone.
    06-18-11 10:04 AM
    Loving my trusty 9700 with an 8130 as a backup pending my carrier never drops CDMA, since that is what it is. If only it had a sim, switching devices would be a snap!

Also have an HTC Touch Pro, also CDMA.

06-19-11 02:56 AM
    My wife replaced her Curve with a Samsung Charge. That lasted less than a week, she went back to a 9650 and is happy with it.
    06-19-11 09:52 AM
    Come back for what? Do people that leave Pintos come back?
    Obviously the OP's question was not aimed at you so why comment here?

06-19-11 10:41 AM
    I've been away for 2 years now and am considering a return for the Bold Touch. I'm torn between it and the Evo 3D that comes out this week. The only things that have me considering Blackberry at this point are the physical keyboard and the battery life.

I carry my iPad with me wherever I go, so I no longer need the larger screen my Evo 4g provides. Email is acceptable on the Evo, but not as dependable as my BB was when I had it. I really don't like the touchscreen keyboard nearly as much as the Berry.
    06-19-11 10:49 AM
    I sold my Bold 9000 and bought an iPhone 4 last August. I can say I will not be back. I love my iPhone too much. My family is all Apple and we will never go back. Easy syncs, easy setup, we can share paid apps, I can start a movie on my iPhone and quickly show it on my TV through Apple TV. I can't wait for iOS 5 and iCloud!!
    06-19-11 11:00 AM
    I sold my Bold 9000 and bought an iPhone 4 last August. I can say I will not be back. I love my iPhone too much. My family is all Apple and we will never go back. Easy syncs, easy setup, we can share paid apps, I can start a movie on my iPhone and quickly show it on my TV through Apple TV. I can't wait for iOS 5 and iCloud!!
    I tried leaving apple so many time but I always come back. iOS 5 is great, im running it on my ipad 2 and its pretty damn good, fast as ****. But I like my BBM, its sadly the only reason why i keep a blackberry.
    06-19-11 05:18 PM
    I tried leaving apple so many time but I always come back. iOS 5 is great, im running it on my ipad 2 and its pretty damn good, fast as ****. But I like my BBM, its sadly the only reason why i keep a blackberry.
    BBM was not a big deal for me. All of my friends and co-workers that were on BBM with me eventually switched to iPhone or Android. We all use PingChat now. My brother is the only one left and we just text.
    06-19-11 05:59 PM
    Not for the Bold Touch or any of the BB's coming this year. HOWEVER, I am watching and waiting to see what happens next year. If they get QNX polished, bring a 4G touch on board with a 4" screen, and get rid of the email size limit, I will definitely reconsider.

I'm pretty spoiled right now with the Thunderbolt...
    06-19-11 07:08 PM
    I won't say never, but I will say none of the upcoming phones have me excited enough to consider it. If QNX ever gets put on phones, then we'll talk.
    06-19-11 07:18 PM
    I have come back from android several times, this time I wasn't necessarily unhappy but I bought an 8330 off of ebay for 10 bucks that needed reprogramming, and to test it out I activated it.. well long story short, I ended up giving my wife the android phone to replace her 8530 which has been a monumental POS. She's had it replaced 3 times and they won't lemon it out... so til she can get an upgrade she's using mine and I'm using the 8330.

The 8330 was the reason I fell in love with BB. The battery life alone is incredible and the simplicity of knowing that everything just works is great too.. not buggy like most android phones still are
    06-19-11 07:21 PM
    I would come back if the QNX BB are released and not having any significant issues.
    06-19-11 07:27 PM
    With all the negative talk today with RIM, I thought I would change the subject a bit!! I am just curious, any iphone or android users coming back to BB once the Bold Touch comes out? This doesn't need to turn into a bashing of any platform!
    The only time I go back to Blackberry is when I'm in between devices and need a phone to get me by until my next device comes in. The only thing my Pearl is good for is just a phone, nothing else.
    06-19-11 07:32 PM
    I have had fun with my 9780, and since i own an iPod touch, then i guess i get a bit of the good stuff from both worlds. However, if reviews don't turn out well for the 9900, then im probably switching to iPhone 5 by the end of the year(if it gets released and has major changes. if it's 4gs, there's no way im buying that crap). Just my thought really. The chance of me changing from blackberry to another device is still very thin.
    06-19-11 07:38 PM
    I have had fun with my 9780, and since i own an iPod touch, then i guess i get a bit of the good stuff from both worlds. However, if reviews don't turn out well for the 9900, then im probably switching to iPhone 5 by the end of the year(if it gets released and has major changes. if it's 4gs, there's no way im buying that crap). Just my thought really. The chance of me changing from blackberry to another device is still very thin.
    I really hope that with QNX down there road a person won't need to have an ipod touch and a BB! At least with an iphone 5 you only need one device, but at the same time as far as messaging its hard to beat BB!
    tkwolf likes this.
    06-19-11 09:11 PM
    If carrying a tablet around will become the norm, would there still be a need for powerful full touch screen phones? I think the trend could change.

In UK Carphone Warehouse are already offering contracts with free Curve 9300+free playbook for �37 monthly contract. This could be the future.

06-20-11 03:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD