They had the world and then sat on their hands while other innovators began chipping away. The flood will soon drown them. Haven't learned how to swim it appears.
    06-16-11 09:46 PM
    Agreed, I love the company but eagerly await for them to stop sucking so I can support them again without looking like a fool.
    06-16-11 09:55 PM
    This is the 5th thread with this title or similar.

lock, please. ****'s getting old.
    06-16-11 09:58 PM
    This is the 5th thread with this title or similar.

lock, please. ****'s getting old.
    +1. 10 Characters
    06-16-11 09:59 PM
    It's much worse. They're becoming the new Palm.

After today's earnings report. I have lost all confidence in RIM. If it takes this long to have Technical Acceptance for OS7, how long will it take for TA for a QNX phone?

When RIM says a QNX phone will be ready by 2012 that means it'll be ready for the carriers to test and if the carriers take 6-8 months for TA it'll actually be 2013 for a QNX phone to be in the hands of consumers. By that time iPhones, Windows phones, Androids, and WebOS devices will have eaten all of RIM's market share.
    06-16-11 09:59 PM
    Nokia sold less phones in North America however they sold millions of phones everywhere else.
    Look what happened to them. Moral to the story, if RIM cannot sell in NA, especially the US, they will not succeed.
    06-16-11 10:14 PM
    It's much worse. They're becoming the new Palm.

After today's earnings report. I have lost all confidence in RIM. If it takes this long to have Technical Acceptance for OS7, how long will it take for TA for a QNX phone?

When RIM says a QNX phone will be ready by 2012 that means it'll be ready for the carriers to test and if the carriers take 6-8 months for TA it'll actually be 2013 for a QNX phone to be in the hands of consumers. By that time iPhones, Windows phones, Androids, and WebOS devices will have eaten all of RIM's market share.
    If its just the TA its because there are many changes in OS7. Otherwise its not just the TA ... it may also be money. The carriers are in a spot where they can dictate the rules to RIM, where RIM used to be in control. Things have changed for RIM.
    06-16-11 10:44 PM
    Nokia just got payed by Apple and they'll be getting license fees for every iphone apple sells, I wouldn't feel to sorry for Nokia.

As they say, the higher you go the harder you fall.

My opinion is Rim grew too fast for its own good. Sometimes it's good to be an exclusive product.

Rim is not going anywhere though, a company with no debt and billions in the bank doesn't disappear overnight. They usually get a lot of debt built up, then they get bailed out with taxpayer money, then they go bankrupt

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-11 05:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD