The bold touch looks great and i want to get it for my next upgrade. The only problem is that anyone who gets this, when the QNX phones finally start coming out, anyone who got a bold touch or any other bb7 phone wont be able to get upgrades to the qnx phones.....whats your plan?
    06-16-11 08:49 PM
    i buy a new phone every 2 years - it will be 2 years before you see qnx
    06-16-11 10:12 PM
    I have an upgrade available now, but I will not use it.

AT&T might roll out LTE here next year. If so, I want an LTE device. If QNX supports LTE, I'll get it. Otherwise, I will get an LTE Android device.

If LTE is not available here, then I will have more decisions to make re: which device to get.

However, OS 7 BlackBerry has zero appeal to me at this time.
    06-16-11 11:13 PM
    The bold touch looks great and i want to get it for my next upgrade. The only problem is that anyone who gets this, when the QNX phones finally start coming out, anyone who got a bold touch or any other bb7 phone wont be able to get upgrades to the qnx phones.....whats your plan?
    The current RIM phones and even the new phones due out sometime late this year will not nor were ever intended to use QNX.

QNX will be late 2012 and after seeing the PlayBook they can keep QNX.
    06-17-11 05:06 AM
    The current RIM phones and even the new phones due out sometime late this year will not nor were ever intended to use QNX.

QNX will be late 2012 and after seeing the PlayBook they can keep QNX.
    I'm not so sure any more on QNX. RIM Has made a public statement of hardware reversal on the current crop of devices to be released, this leads me to think they get it now. If that is the case they are going full steam for QNX devices, this should be summer of 2012 at the latest.

Lets hope its not like the summer of 2011 coming in the fall.
    06-18-11 09:59 AM
    I'm not so sure any more on QNX. RIM Has made a public statement of hardware reversal on the current crop of devices to be released, this leads me to think they get it now. If that is the case they are going full steam for QNX devices, this should be summer of 2012 at the latest.

Lets hope its not like the summer of 2011 coming in the fall.
    the os 7 devices will not see QNX. It has been stated over and over that dual core will be need to run QNX. The only hardware reversal is because they originally were going to use an underpowered processor that couldn't compete with low end droid devices. They should have known this from the start. Someone is def not doing their job at RIM!
    06-18-11 10:40 AM
    RIM has said QNX devices will be arriving in first quarter of 2012. Of course, that probably means we won't see them 'til next summer at the earliest.

I am technically not due for an upgrade until this coming January, but could possibly upgrade earlier due to having a US Cellular "Belief" plan. I am just going to try and hold out as long as I can. I'd rather not get a Bold Touch this fall and be locked in if QNX phones are right around the corner in early 2012.
    06-18-11 10:55 AM
    I already am expriencing QNC via my playbook. Waiting on BB07 anxiously cause this Storm has got to go. I'm done with phones without physical keyboards.
    06-22-11 09:58 AM
    I already am expriencing QNC via my playbook. .
    I saw enough of "QNC" on my PlayBook that I returned it with in 24 hours.

Please GOD do not let them put it on any phone any time soon or that WILL be the end of RIM!
    06-22-11 10:57 AM
    I saw enough of "QNC" on my PlayBook that I returned it with in 24 hours.
    That's too bad. I find QNX to be great on the Playbook, especially with the recent updates.
    Pirks likes this.
    06-22-11 02:43 PM
    Yeah, QNX on Playbook is best thing since sliced bread for sure, can't wait till RIM brings their QNX phones out. I think my Playbook is the best tablet out there right now, with iPad 2 close second (much more apps but much worse browser and since browser is more important for me than apps...), and no Android junk comes even close to both of these... no polish and quality at all compared to RIM and Apple devices.
    06-23-11 01:31 PM
    QNX devices will not go on sale until late 2012. The way they're releasing os7 devices I highly doubt QNX phones will be out at all in 2012.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-11 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD