On my torch when it dials a saved number it is putting a ( + ) sign in front of the number and therefore cannot dial. any help would be appreciated...james
    06-15-11 05:44 PM
    It should be able to dial I have numbers like that on my phone. If the number is correct it shouldn't make a difference because when you send a text it +dial code then number eg +4477........ And it works the same with calling the number.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-11 06:06 PM
    thanks, but no, i am in colombia SA and it will not dial the number correctly with a + in front of it. i am not sure why it is defaulting to this on every call made from any saved number. even when i save the number in a normal way when it dials it puts a + in front and therefore no call...It must be a setting isuue. still looking for help!!!
    06-15-11 06:12 PM
    when using an international code you should always take off the first number. so if you was ringing a UK number which was the following 07766 it would then be +447766

but you can also try using zeros instead. so it would then look like 00447766

hope it works
    06-15-11 08:09 PM
    thanks, i realize that, what is happening is automatically the phone is adding +1 to all numbers that get saved. i am not saving the numbers that way. I someone to tell me how to de configure the phone to stop doing what it would do in the usa, which is adding the +1. I am lost with this one...
    06-16-11 10:12 AM
    Did you look at your Smart Dialing settings?

Nathan
    06-16-11 10:59 AM
    +1 is the smart dialing code for the US.

In your phone options go to smart dialing.

Then Country Code:

Change it to Columbia.

06-16-11 11:12 AM
    Like Nathan said, go to Options > Call Management > Smart Dialing and change setting to Colombia (I'm assuming).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-11 11:13 AM
    +1 is the smart dialing code for the US.

In your phone options go to smart dialing.

Then Country Code:

Change it to Columbia.
    scroll to the top and select the "unknown" option... that's what i have, it definitely saves you from accidental long distance calls...
    06-16-11 12:12 PM
    haha was just about to say that but i see someone already helped you out.. hope this solves your problem..
    06-16-11 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD