Playbook Case - Neiman Marcus

tell me what you think
    06-15-11 01:22 PM
    Nice find, but personally to less understatement, to much bling bling. If i would see such a case, i would even think, there was an iPad inside. (size unconsidered)

Regards, Ma.Le.
    06-15-11 01:48 PM
    YUCH! Looks like an ad for a reality show: Pimp My Playbook!!
    06-15-11 02:24 PM
    I like the black one a lot. Nice find. I am curious though if the corner tabs will interfere with the bezel swipes?
    06-15-11 02:36 PM
    Playbook Case - Neiman Marcus

tell me what you think
    Nasty.....truly nasty...

Tim
    06-15-11 02:57 PM
    this cases dont meet my taste but I thought this are 2 cases we have not seen bevore.

the black one (dark blue in reality) is okay
    the snake style one is maybe designed for girls or rockers of the 80ies

in fact
    I am looking since the launch of the pb for a case

I dont like the Dodo - too bookish
    I dont like the Otterbox - I dont want the use imy pb to throw walnuts off the tree
    I dont like the Vaja - hate the orange/red rubber band
    I dont like the piel frama - too boxish

any hints for me?
    06-15-11 03:50 PM
    i think you are going to have one hellofa time manually pulling up the keyboard or top bar lol...
    06-15-11 03:56 PM
    06-15-11 04:17 PM
    $125!! Are you kidding? And they are ugly.
    I bought this one on Amazon for ..... $5.50 and it has a stand. I am not joking when I tell you it is my absolute favorite.

Amazon.com: Leather Case w/ Stand for Blackberry Playbook, Black: Electronics
    tprime, naudurivsm and rjkolo like this.
    06-15-11 04:29 PM
    I bought this one on Amazon for ..... $5.50 and it has a stand. I am not joking when I tell you it is my absolute favorite.

Just ordered for my brother and myself. Its too cheap to pass up.
    06-15-11 04:47 PM
    [QUOTE=ryork272;6412459]$125!! Are you kidding? And they are ugly.

Amazon.com: Leather Case w/ Stand for Blackberry Playbook, Black: Electronics[/QUOTE

I ordered one now. @5.70 + $2.68 for shipping - 100% worth the money
    Last edited by naudurivsm; 06-15-11 at 05:05 PM.
    06-15-11 04:59 PM
    this cases dont meet my taste but I thought this are 2 cases we have not seen bevore.

in fact

I dont like the Otterbox - I dont want the use imy pb to throw walnuts off the tree

any hints for me?
    I just ordered a sena folio case:

Sena Cases - Designer Leather Cases : PlayBook Leather Cases Folio for BlackBerry

Should be getting it in today I'll be sure to post a review and I also found a 20% coupon code that worked so I'll post that as well.
    Regnillop likes this.
    06-15-11 05:46 PM
    06-15-11 08:29 PM

Good deal! I bought that one (or a clone) from Amazon but paid much more, probably because it was before the Playbook was actually released. It's a little wobbly in its most upright position but otherwise it really fits the bill. And when folded over and locked in the tab you can slip your fingers in the space for a little more security. For desktop use I keep it in the case and sit it in an old wire stand originally made for a Siemens SIMpad SL4. Hey, Windows blew it again.
    06-15-11 08:47 PM
    I bought the Targus Zierra but haven't opened it yet but it looks promising. I bought it at Staples so it is easily returnable after a couple days anyway which is another reason that I tend not to shop online.

I have been clamoring for this case too.

I do also like the cases from that San Francisco company (sfbags.com I think) which i still might get.
    Regnillop likes this.
    06-15-11 08:49 PM

That case actually looks great and like a perfect deal, how much of the bezel is covered? Does it affect the function at all?
    06-15-11 08:52 PM
    icon carbon is awesome
    06-15-11 09:06 PM
    Add this to the list of "chick" cases - looks a little too much like something you should pull out of you purse for me...but interesting concept... if only the strap thingy was black.

Sena Cases - Designer Leather Cases : PlayBook Leather Cases Jornal for BlackBerry

It's a good sign to see all the recent interest in cases rather than OS bugs...it means people are happy and committed to Playbook.

Regnillop likes this.
    06-15-11 09:46 PM
    06-15-11 09:48 PM
    I actually have one of those in orange on my PB right now. I love it, great feel and protects everything but the screen. Only complaint I have is that it covers the mic holes, I made a quick modification with a large safety pin and a lighter.
    06-15-11 10:09 PM

in fact

any hints for me?
    i think the marcus one looks nice. more femalish though i think.
    i got the targus zierra. its fantastic. a pure business case but looks very classy and it looks classy from inside also. you can carry it and nobody would know you got a tablet inside. it has a space for business cards etc...it even has a very useful screen wipe.
    it has a stand also. its a great case really. you can find it on you tube for demo
    Regnillop likes this.
    06-15-11 11:53 PM
    I bought the Targus Zierra but haven't opened it yet but it looks promising. I bought it at Staples so it is easily returnable after a couple days anyway which is another reason that I tend not to shop online.

I have been clamoring for this case too.

I do also like the cases from that San Francisco company (sfbags.com I think) which i still might get.
    the targus is a great one...
    06-15-11 11:54 PM
    another from sena

Sena Cases - Designer Leather Cases : PlayBook Leather Cases Folio for BlackBerry

and sleeve style for those who just like the feel of the playbook naked - no edge covering issues!

Sena Cases - Designer Leather Cases : PlayBook Leather Cases Kutu for BlackBerry
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 06-16-11 at 12:02 AM.
    06-16-11 12:00 AM
    Has anyone tried this?
    I want to turn my playbook into a laptop...

Hip Street Playbook Portfolio Case with Bluetooth Keyboard

I would buy it but I want to know if there's a better one out there and what am I missing that makes this not fly off the shelves?
    I started a new thread and only got one response.... seems like a no brainer to have a keyboard included....as long as you're going convertible, why not? And it's less expensive than a lot of the cases talked about here with no keyboard, comparable to most.

Last edited by blackjack93117; 06-16-11 at 12:20 AM.
    Regnillop likes this.
    06-16-11 12:07 AM
    cool but not something I would use..just too flashy for my taste. Not my style
    06-16-11 12:11 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD