Hello, I have a Pearl 3G updated to the latest OS. I've setup a BIS email connection to my work email using IMAP. My mail is hosted on Exchange.

Now, I receive push email on my BB. If I connect to my account using Outlook (2010) and read or reply to an email I get another copy of my email on my BB.

I've read a lot of posts on the subject. I cannot switch to OWA because my IT does not allow me this kind of access. I'd like to use POP3 because I've read that this solves the problem but I cannot force BIS to use POP3 instead of IMAP.

Other devices I've tried (Android or iPhone) do NOT present this problem.

Is there a solution?

Thanks

Alessandro
    06-15-11 04:48 AM
    your IT dept sounds awful as in they don't know what they are doing. when you say connect to outlook you mean tether?
    06-15-11 07:42 AM
    I do not understand your answer. Can you explain better?

When I say "connect to Outlook" I mean I start Windows 7, open Outlook 2010 and connect to my mailbox to manage my messages.

Thanks.
    06-15-11 08:12 AM
    how do you connect, with a cable? I suspect the sync/reconcile is where the dups are coming from. your work has exchange but no sort of bes?
    06-15-11 08:49 AM
    I don't think the OP is talking about connecting the BB to the computer at all. Simply saying: using Outlook on the work computer to manage the emails (send, receive, whatever...) and that is somehow sending duplicates to the BB wirelessly.

I'm curious, as I didn't know you could use the BIS to connect to an exchange account using IMAP. My access to my work exchange account using BIS is through OWA only. There was no other option that I saw (using Torch running OS 6) when setting it up to tie into my exchange account (my office dumped BES a few years ago when all the bosses got iPhones with native ActiveSync - boy, that sure would be nice to have on a BB...).
    Last edited by joeldf; 06-15-11 at 03:05 PM.
    06-15-11 03:02 PM
    I wonder if the OP is actually referring to receiving his sent messages on the berry that are sent from his computer.
    06-15-11 03:29 PM
    actually I don't have a clue what the OP is doing or the topology so without the specifics its hard to move forward. anything that is set up correctly will never have a dup issue, this much i know
    06-15-11 03:41 PM
    actually I don't have a clue what the OP is doing or the topology so without the specifics its hard to move forward. anything that is set up correctly will never have a dup issue, this much i know
    As far as I can see, it a "feature" of using Exchange vis BIS. I have exactly the same problem. Every time I touch an email on my PC, I get a new copy on my BB. It's a pain and I have done a lot of googling to no avail. I have just learned to live with it.

I'm sure LogicMail would help but I haven't managed to get it to talk to our exchange server.

Rgrds

F
    07-12-11 08:42 AM
    I am dealing with the same issue. Even with old mail that is in my inbox. A lot of times when I open an older email on outlook it will send me another copy of the email on my BB. Sometimes I end up with three or four copies of an email. Someone please assist! This is aggravating.
    07-13-11 10:27 PM
    I work at an organization that has several BB users receiving duplicate emails (BIS users only affected)...more like Zombie emails. These emails have been deleted from the BB device...but strangely come back. It has been going on for over a week now. This is not just a few emails but hundreds. I went to the Verizon store they said it wasn't a problem with Verizon but with our IT dept. Our IT dept says there is nothing they can do because it's on the BIS - they say it's a blackberry problem. We found out that it's not only affecting Verizon customers but also AT&T and Sprint. I have deleted my work email account from BB several times and then add it back - but still these Zombie emails come back. Is there anything that I can tell my IT dept? I am stuck in the middle here and it's driving me nuts! I am ready to jump ship and go to droid!
    07-19-11 09:00 AM
    and the plot thickens........

There was another thread regarding this problem. If you open one of these duplicate emails, hold alt and type view, a code will appear at the top of the email. Perform this same procedure on the other email and you will see a different code. These delivery codes should be the same. For some reason when you open an email or when you have outlook open it changes this code. BIS reads this as a new email and re-sends the email to your device. Why this happens? Good question.
    Last edited by chaseh140; 07-19-11 at 10:07 PM.
    07-19-11 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD